Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#210 : January 16, 2008, 11:37:50 PM

No, actually, only a few here don't know the "real truth" ;)

Not what the media tells us we see, but what we really see...

A winning coach, with a team that won the division after losing 8 starters to injured reserve (total of about 11 contributing players), and after a 4-12 season?

You're not thinking clearly, your bias against the coach is causing your team to feel the affects of winning yet losing a small portion of the fanbase?

That's why we want your radio guy fired.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Lorax

Second String

#211 : January 16, 2008, 11:53:04 PM

He is not MY radio guy and you people will have no effect on the radio station.  Explain why you think ALL the media is against King Jon. And do no work on their reporting.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#212 : January 17, 2008, 12:30:10 AM

Actually, plenty of 9-7 coaches have been candidates. Sam Rutigliano even won COY with the Browns in '79 with that record. Try again.

In Verner We Trust

bucs8ball

Starter

#213 : January 17, 2008, 12:33:33 AM

How long do you give him a pass for a SB? He has worn out his welcome here and I promise you most of this board are the only ones that don't know that. You want to take a poll? Take one of people NOT ON THIS BOARD!

Off the top of my head... my father and brother are both very big Bucs fans, not on this board, and believe Gruden should remain the coach.

I'm not a Gruden Groupie just because I believe he's the right fit for the team right now. I don't see anyone out there who can DEFINITELY come in and make an immediate impact.  I really enjoyed watching the team this year. While I was disappointed in the playoff game, I felt that it was a really exciting season and I can't wait until next year.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#214 : January 17, 2008, 12:34:25 AM

Already done. Rich fed them stories, they got lazy.

Their attempts to get Bruce and Jon to play it the same way, failed.

They are retaliating by raising the stakes.

Now - if it's not going to work, what are you worried about?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#215 : January 17, 2008, 12:37:10 AM

Take a poll? Lemme guess. You were responsible for the hanging chads eight years ago. You screwed up America and now you want to screw up Buc Nation too! LOL

In Verner We Trust

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#216 : January 17, 2008, 08:53:14 AM

Actually, plenty of 9-7 coaches have been candidates. Sam Rutigliano even won COY with the Browns in '79 with that record. Try again.
Not when there is a 16-0 guy and 2 13-3 guys sitting there.. try again, Gruden is in the middle this year. McCarthy AND Bellichick both are way above him when it comes to coach of the year candidates.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#217 : January 17, 2008, 09:07:43 AM

Not when there is a 16-0 guy and 2 13-3 guys sitting there.. try again, Gruden is in the middle this year. McCarthy AND Bellichick both are way above him when it comes to coach of the year candidates.
Crennel, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#218 : January 17, 2008, 11:26:20 AM

In the middle? Fifth or sixth of 32 coaches on the list is in the middle? Now that's an exaggeration. And for all our crying about how we did in the playoffs, check Cleveland. They didn't make it. The Gruden haters will naturally come back with ''They won 10 games and we won only 9.'' But of course the Bucs bagged the last two games while Cleveland was trying to win every game and failed to make the playoffs when they blew a winnable game vs. Cincy.

In Verner We Trust

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#219 : January 17, 2008, 12:13:50 PM

Crennel, too.

Are you kidding? He'll be fired next year.

And, maybe I missed it, did Cleveland make the play-offs? No? hmm..

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#220 : January 17, 2008, 01:24:31 PM

Crennel, too.

Are you kidding? He'll be fired next year.

And, maybe I missed it, did Cleveland make the play-offs? No? hmm..
You can't be serious. Cleveland is working on extending him right now. You don't think he did a good job? Making the playoffs doesn't mean everything. The Browns had a better record than the Bucs and played in a division that had another team go 10-6, too. Far cry from the NFC South. This is a team that has made the playoffs once in the last 9 years and before this year hadn't drafted a pro bowler since they came back to the league. They went from the #31 offense in 2006 to #8 this season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#221 : January 17, 2008, 02:34:49 PM

FRG - they were working on extending Billick about this time last year after he went 13-3 and lost to the Colts in the Playoffs.

We're working on extending Gruden right now. I have to say that I'm surprised at how generous you are regarding how well Crennell has done in Cleveland - yet seem to hold the Bucs coach to a higher standard?

Cleveland being in the AFC North is not a far cry from the NFC South. Pittsburgh won 2 more games than the saints. Miami beat Ravens for cryin out loud and Cincinnatti folded fast. You could make a case that the AFC North and the NFC South are two sides of the same coin...but you can't say they were better then the NFC South.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#222 : January 17, 2008, 03:00:53 PM

FRG - they were working on extending Billick about this time last year after he went 13-3 and lost to the Colts in the Playoffs.

We're working on extending Gruden right now. I have to say that I'm surprised at how generous you are regarding how well Crennell has done in Cleveland - yet seem to hold the Bucs coach to a higher standard?

Cleveland being in the AFC North is not a far cry from the NFC South. Pittsburgh won 2 more games than the saints. Miami beat Ravens for cryin out loud and Cincinnatti folded fast. You could make a case that the AFC North and the NFC South are two sides of the same coin...but you can't say they were better then the NFC South.
Coach of the year is more often about expectations than actual accomplishment. Yeah, the Bucs were awful last year and not much was expected out of them, but they were good in 2005 and overall aren't a messed up franchise. Is it really that surprising Gruden put together a decent season? Same thing with Washington, they're in the same boat as the Bucs - good in 2005, sucked in 2006, good again in 2007, and respected coach. Does Gibbs deserve coach of the year consideration?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#223 : January 17, 2008, 03:09:44 PM

Gibbs kinda took himself out of the running.

Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools