Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

Bucfanut

Starter

#30 : January 09, 2008, 10:03:30 PM

I am totally devastated; even though the Bucs DID get better than last yr, it obviously is disappointing to go out in the 1st round; so I locked myself in my room and didn't turn on the lights for the next 2 days. But when I got out and heard that Gruden probably isn't gonna be fired? Now i'm ready to slit my wrists...and if he gets an extension, I'll also put X-Mas lights in the bathtub. There, Ghost, are you happy now?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 09, 2008, 10:40:28 PM

OL? 3 years plus...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 09, 2008, 11:55:12 PM

That's fair. When you consider that we played below average, but not awful against the Giants (one of the best Dlines in the league), it's conceivable that with improvement of the young core there plus adding a piece or two (certainly at center), we could have a ''good'' oline (top third of the league). But it's certainly not that yet.

In Verner We Trust

NovaBuc

Starter

#33 : January 10, 2008, 12:03:46 AM

I am excited about the defense... no players on offense minus Graham offer me any hope that this will be any more than a 20th ranked offense. Saw nothing out of the Oline on Sunday that made me believe that they are ready to even come close to competing pass blocking wise.

You realize we were better than a 20th ranked offense this year and finished 18th?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#34 : January 10, 2008, 12:07:27 AM

Avg scoring offense in 6 years under Dungy = 18.9
Avg scoring offense in 6 years under Gruden = 18.683

Dungy defensive mastermind
Gruden supposed offensive mastermind

Dungy successful in his area of expertise
Gruden failure in his area of expertise

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 10, 2008, 12:19:50 AM

So go root for the Colts then. Gruden's the coach now. You don't like it? Too bad.
It's turncoats that you that have driven this organization into the ground.
Forget all the arguments about cap situation, injuries, unlucky drafts, all of which have merit. Forget the way McKay backloaded the contracts and made it so we couldn't add what we needed. Forget that the ppg are also a reflection of the defense on the other side which had Sapp, Lynch, Brooks et al in their primes. We should be so lucky as to have that luxury again!
The Glazers own the team. Failure? Our coach, love him or leave him. You've rooted against him constantly and you'll dig up every negative stat you can find to drag him down. Go root for the Colts! You poison this fanbase, you poison this board.
You're not a fan of anyone except HATRED. Take your miserable life and go root for somebody else cos you're a parasite.
Just what exactly are you trying to prove to people who root for the team? How much hatred you can spew? How miserable you can make someone else feel? That you have the ability to get someone fired without a logical replacement?
Go steal candy from a little kid or go trip a senior citizen or take extra pennies out of a penny bin. You're certainly on that level.

In Verner We Trust

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 12, 2008, 08:51:04 PM

And the reason no one "knew" he would do well is because of a bad habit of leaving the damn ball on the ground - which damn near got him cut a couple of times - and kept him off the field in the regular season bc the crap continued in pratices - fortunately for his career he is a big time special teams player. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : January 10, 2008, 12:31:37 AM

I'm not upset, but disappointed that the Buc only brought their "A" game for one quarter. I'm perplexed that the great defense that everyone has been talking about couldn't stop Eli Manning who had completed 21-27 and seemed to have all day to throw passes. I'm confused that the Great Monte Kiffin was outcoached. I'm sad to see Derrick Brooks in the twilight of his career.  I'm not surprised that we lost - we saw third and fourth string QBs beat us this season. 

But I was shocked that the team had the opportunity to be a 11 win team and won the Division. I expected another 4-12 team.

I also knew that if we beat NYG, the likelihood of going deeper into the playoffs and play in the Super Bowl was a pipedream. But then again, in 2002-3, I felt the same way.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 10, 2008, 12:37:49 AM

OMA, well said. Sometimes you just never know. And that's the point. PPG isn't relevant. It's point differential that matters which leads to WINS.
Do I care if Gruden runs up the score to make our offense look better? No. I want victories. We had nine this year. Let's hope for more than nine next year.

In Verner We Trust

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 12, 2008, 08:48:13 PM

Graham was known as "Mr. August" due to his consistently remarkable performances in camp and pre-season.  Shouldn't that have been his opportunity to earn the starting job?

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#40 : January 10, 2008, 12:46:48 AM

i wonder if having the best defense in the nfl helped out the offense getting great field position and more posessions.  this is why people need to gtfo w/ these retarded stats.  if you honestly think Dungy's offense is as good as Gruden's you clearly weren't watching the Bucs in the Dungy days.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#41 : January 10, 2008, 12:49:45 AM

OMA, well said. Sometimes you just never know. And that's the point. PPG isn't relevant. It's point differential that matters which leads to WINS.
Do I care if Gruden runs up the score to make our offense look better? No. I want victories. We had nine this year. Let's hope for more than nine next year.
Run up the score? Gruden can't figure out how to get his WR's open. One defensive coordinator said it's like defending a high school team. Yah Gruden is genius all right.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 10, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Genius? Who said he's a genius? Who? Me? You? Let it go! That's five-year old nonsense. We KNOW he's not a genius.
Dagnabit, we scored 20.875 ppg this year. Like I said in another thread, he needs to get us up another field goal or so to get us to the next level.
Maybe he can do it, maybe he can't. If he doesn't and he's canned, I'll say thanks and welcome the next guy. Will you even welcome the next guy?
Put the danged shovels away already. Too many bloody morticians anymore! If he's gone, he's gone. So be it. If not, then at least root for the guy.
Y'all are pulling out IVs and looking for the lethal injection, so to speak.

In Verner We Trust

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#43 : January 10, 2008, 12:55:13 AM

i wonder if having the best defense in the nfl helped out the offense getting great field position and more posessions.  this is why people need to gtfo w/ these retarded stats.  if you honestly think Dungy's offense is as good as Gruden's you clearly weren't watching the Bucs in the Dungy days.
You mean like in 2002, 2005  with the number 1 defense and 2007 with the number 2 defense, 2003, 2004 number 5 defense? You Gruden jock riders would have us believe the defense has had nothing to do with the recent success of this team, and that it's all Gruden. Clyde Christianson, Mike Shula and Les Steckel never had the luxury of a Number 1 ranked defense.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#44 : January 10, 2008, 12:57:27 AM

Genius? Who said he's a genius? Who? Me? You? Let it go! That's five-year old nonsense. We KNOW he's not a genius.
Dagnabit, we scored 20.875 ppg this year. Like I said in another thread, he needs to get us up another field goal or so to get us to the next level.
Maybe he can do it, maybe he can't. If he doesn't and he's canned, I'll say thanks and welcome the next guy. Will you even welcome the next guy?
Put the danged shovels away already. Too many bloody morticians anymore! If he's gone, he's gone. So be it. If not, then at least root for the guy.
Y'all are pulling out IVs and looking for the lethal injection, so to speak.
I want to welcome the next guy now. Gruden is ruining my favorite team. You care more about the coach than the franchise. Coaches and players come and go. Go to the stadium, get a cute picture of you and Gruden, have him sign it and hang it up on your bedroom wall.

The team is the Tampa bay Buccaneers, not the Tampa Bay Grudens. You people care more about the coach than the team.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After a few days of thinking about Sunday. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools