Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: hate to break it to you « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 08, 2006, 09:04:10 PM

Look, the refs cost us that game.  Period.

The phantom call on Joey G did the Bucs in.  Period.
I had to leave during the final drive, but from what I heard on the radio, it was a "good" call, just bad for us.

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 08, 2006, 09:06:41 PM

Thanks to Biasaccia and his great ability to form up the STs on defense, we lost that game.  Plus that shidtty call on Joey.

Horrible.

Rich needs another job.  I am so sick and tired of that clown.

I could care less what your opinions are of this guy, he is NOT a good ST coach.

That PR was clutch, during a crucial time, and it was the go ahead score.  WTF is that?

And Mark Jones calling a fair catch on that one kick, when he should have just picked up the extra 7 or 8 yards (Since that is max range anyway)...Awful.  Bisaccia is a bum.

For all you Reggie Haters, he won them their game.  Man, I hate that crap.
World is ending, I am in 100% agreement with boid. 

Spend some time with your families!

HereComesDaBoom

Practice Squad
#32 : October 08, 2006, 09:10:20 PM

My only question is "why didn't Bidwell punt out of bounds?". Riddle me that batman. I mean the guy is a pro bowler and that doesn't come into his head. that would have been the simple solution to a Bush return for a TD. I mean come on.

bOOm

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#33 : October 08, 2006, 09:24:34 PM

ya he is. IMO, he plays alot like sean taylor w/o the spitting ;D
he can cover pretty well and can come up and play the run. he woul;d fit perfectly into the niners scheme. as for the bucs, i think adams would be the best pick b/c he IS WORTH A TOP 5 PICK,lol.

I don't know about the Taylor comparison. Taylor has the ability of a linebacker, corner, and safety all in one. Taylor's game can and did translate well to the NFL. Who knows if Landry will be able to play the same style. He doesn't really have the size and power that Taylor possesses. He'd be better off IMO playing like another former UM safety in Ed Reed. He doesn't have Reed's leadership or playmaking ability, but he does have close to Reed's speed, range, form tackling, and ability to quickly break on passes. Landry will be good IMO, but not really as good in run support as he was in college.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#34 : October 08, 2006, 09:49:15 PM

My only question is "why didn't Bidwell punt out of bounds?". Riddle me that batman. I mean the guy is a pro bowler and that doesn't come into his head. that would have been the simple solution to a Bush return for a TD. I mean come on.

bOOm

the ST has gotten a lot of flack, but they played a great game outside of Bush's return. The coverage units were outstanding all game up to that point. That's why Bidwell didn't punt it out of bounds. Unfortunately I think Bidwell didn't get as much hangtime on that punt as some of the others....and the Saints blocked well on that return, bush wasn't even touched after he slipped by cash...

da49erfan

Starter

#35 : October 08, 2006, 11:43:43 PM

I don't know about the Taylor comparison. Taylor has the ability of a linebacker, corner, and safety all in one. Taylor's game can and did translate well to the NFL. Who knows if Landry will be able to play the same style. He doesn't really have the size and power that Taylor possesses. He'd be better off IMO playing like another former UM safety in Ed Reed. He doesn't have Reed's leadership or playmaking ability, but he does have close to Reed's speed, range, form tackling, and ability to quickly break on passes. Landry will be good IMO, but not really as good in run support as he was in college.

reed is a good comparison as well. i wasnt really comparing the size of the players as much as there style. i was just comparing how they play similar to the run and to the pass. there's no doubt taylor was better coming out of college than landry will be or atleast thats MHO. taylor is definitly mroe versital as well. but now that you mention it, reed is a very good comparison aswell. maybe he plays alittle of both styles,lol. i just hope he plays like on of the 2 if he goes to the niners.

as for the bucs, in a hypothetical situation of the bucs picking that high, adams would be a great choice IMO.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#36 : October 09, 2006, 09:04:44 AM

Look, the refs cost us that game.  Period.

The phantom call on Joey G did the Bucs in.  Period.
Phantom call?? That was a perfect example of a "pick" as I've ever seen. Joey needs to handle that play better than that. His lame attempt of throwing his hands up didn't fool anyone. He tried, it almost worked, the refs saw him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: hate to break it to you « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools