Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENED « previous next »
Page: 1 2

CSimms02

Rookie

: November 24, 2006, 08:41:50 PM

whats happened to our team this year? We did so good last year whats going on with us... i dont think that game against Dallas could have gotton any worse

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 24, 2006, 08:57:05 PM

If you noticed, the sun was in our players eyes that game.  Bad calls by the refs too.   And I think they poisoned our food.   It's hard to play well under those conditions.

#2 : November 24, 2006, 08:57:44 PM

Larry Brackins got cut

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 24, 2006, 08:58:33 PM

wait tell next week and lets see how you like it

#4 : November 24, 2006, 09:00:04 PM

Read the last couple of Fab 5's by SR.  It will tell you what you need to know.

What I stated way back when, was that last year's 11-5 was a mirage.  Go back, look at some of the games from 2005, and then conciously tell me that the Bucs were a legit 11-5 team.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#5 : November 24, 2006, 09:08:53 PM

Larry Brackins got cut
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's it

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

CSimms02

Rookie

#6 : November 24, 2006, 10:09:12 PM

idk i just see how a good team like ours which has really good players on it is going so bad..is it grudens fault with the plays or what?

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 24, 2006, 10:10:38 PM

This is no longer a team with really good players.  There are a few good players but mostly average.  No depth on defense and no good talent through draft.  The crap finally hit the fan on defense and the offense is nowhere near ready to be dominant.

CSimms02

Rookie

#8 : November 24, 2006, 10:13:13 PM

i guess... i mean i thought we were all ready for the season having cadillac, smith, and of course all the veterans....but i guess this wasnt our year

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#9 : November 24, 2006, 10:13:39 PM

Well with the schedule we have to play and the Injury Report, along with the lack of depth to fix the things we are missing because of the injury report, we can't expect much more at this point.  I think we have a legit chance of going to Pittsburgh and getting the job done, but even after that, we can only expect one more win maybe.  5-11 is looming fella's.

#10 : November 24, 2006, 10:16:29 PM

OK Dal.....I respect your opinion man, but tell me what could have been done differently.

I cannot elaborate, as it is Fab 5 material.  But there's much truth in there.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 24, 2006, 10:16:57 PM

Everyone expected Simms to come in and start where he left off last year, with a complete offseason to get better and learn the offense.  Instead he stunk it up and then was lost for the season.

When your contingency at QB is a 6th round rookie your offense is going to be inconsistent at best, and terrible most of the time.  The other major problem was Buenning's injury as well as Joseph's injury.

No continuity on the o-line and a rookie QB makes for tough going.   

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 24, 2006, 10:47:59 PM

Read the last couple of Fab 5's by SR.  It will tell you what you need to know.

What I stated way back when, was that last year's 11-5 was a mirage.  Go back, look at some of the games from 2005, and then conciously tell me that the Bucs were a legit 11-5 team.

Man, i love that all the Gruden lovers are now trying to dis the 11-5 season. Which is really odd because it means that he's been lousy for 4 years in a row? If anyone, especially a "hater" had claimed that last year's 11-5 was lucky and made up of a soft schedule in the off-season when there were plenty of folks claiming big things this year it would have been a friggin' rhetorical bloodbath. Now that this season is shot it has become impertaive for the Grudenista, for some odd reason, to try and minimize last year. Even worse is that an 11-5 year is ridden down and a 3-13? season is being pumped up as not as bad as we think. It'd be funny if it wasn't ...no, it pretty much is just funny.

Absolutely!  I actually thought either A) Gruden did a great job of coaching last year and adapting with what he had to work with, or B) He got extremely 'lucky' in ver close games and didn't know what in the world he was doing.  I choose A.  But during the off season he made the fatal mistake in not trying to keep Griese around and selling the farm in Simms; I believe that move will cost him his job.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 24, 2006, 11:05:34 PM

Let's see.  The start of the season, you lose the number 1 pick, that was supposed to help stabilize the right side of the O-line.  And Buenning hurts himself (ankle right?).  So there goes the interior of the line.  And then the Bucs offense comes out completely stale, mixed with horrible playing (Simms, Caddy, Clayton), and some very peculiar play calling, run abandoning early on, etc...then Rice tweaks a shoulder that obviously hampered his physical ability to some extent, Kelly goes down with turf toe, Booger gets traded as a result of sluggish playing.  Simms goes down in a game when he might have been on the up and up (Carolina was a confidence booster IMO), so the Bucs roll with a rookie sixth round QB with a ton of moxie, and a very enigmatic arm.  Clayton still is a no-show, Caddy has been largely invisible, even though as of now he is working behind TWO rookie lineman on the right side (a communication nightmare).  Derrick Brooks was slowing down, but he hit the brakes this year, and Q is gone, so we make do with Ruud as a second year MB calling the shifts in a semi-complex defense.  The safetiy play has been foul this entire year, with the exception of a few Will Allen sightings, and I mean a few (IMO).  Phillips is about as good as bench meat next year as a result of this year.  Hovan got his FIRST sack, and not just for the year, but as a Buc.  Yeah.  Spires is no longer playing, he is AKA The Invisible Crane. 

The wideouts and the RBs have got the dropsies in epidemic fashion, and Alex Smith (who is gone now, too), also has them.  Oh yeah, they lost Buenning for the remainder as of Thursday, so the list gets bigger, the punches harder.  Anything else I miss?  Oh, the #1 "illusion", as some have erringly called it, has slid down to the depths of poorness.  Yeah, that would be the once fabled defense.  Oh well, Caddy has a touchdown, and so does Clayton!  Wow.  And our #1 threat is a 35 year old burner.  Pretty neat, huh?

Edit:  Most of this is rambling, so there is no chronolgy to it, aside from the first few sentences.  But it all happened during the meat of the schedule...I guess we all know this already. :- :'(

#14 : November 24, 2006, 11:30:04 PM

Man, i love that all the Gruden lovers are now trying to dis the 11-5 season. Which is really odd because it means that he's been lousy for 4 years in a row

Okay, fair enough.  Name someone that could have done any better given the circumstances.

I'm all for hearing some candidates to replace Gruden.  Frankly, I wouldn't care WHO was in here as HC.  It would be the same thing.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPENED « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools