Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin offered a new contract « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#75 : January 12, 2008, 02:34:02 AM

I know the guy worked miracles in the backfield with pretty much the same personell - but is he ready for the DC?

I don't think so...not quite yet.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 12, 2008, 06:19:00 PM

I don't want to head into next year without Monte.

Family stuff will screw up your head though.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 12, 2008, 10:12:09 AM

I'm not sure Stovall is blown, and Joseph? Are you kidding me? He's part of the re-birth of the line.

I'd grant the fact that Colmer is blown (but if he'd recovered he could have been special) and Buenning hasn't been a star. Clayton is coming around. The point is that we started talking about all these blown picks but I don't think the Bucs average is any worse than the rest of the league - in any number of comparitive years.
Stovall most definitely blows. In two seasons he has 188 receiving yards. By comparison The Falcons' Laurent Robinson, a 3rd round rookie, had 437 yards in one season, and the guy who picked him just got demoted. Also, do you realize Brandon Marshall, who played college ball an hour and a half from One Buc Place, was drafted AFTER Stovall?

As for Joseph, he holds the distinction of being better than Cosey Coleman, so he has that going for him, but has he justified 1st round guard status? Jahri Evans, a 4th rounder from that class, is universally considered a better player.

What in the world are you basing Colmer being special on? A couple good games as a college freshman? This pick especially hurts when you consider some of the players who were available at this spot like Marion Barber III and Brandon Jacobs.

And finally Clayton, through 4 seasons he has 5 more receiving yards than Jacquez Green. So once again if you are struggling finding better receivers than Rich McKay, you're not getting it done.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#78 : January 12, 2008, 10:50:10 AM

Still nothing? I wonder if Kiffen is contemplating retirement...how old is he now?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 13, 2008, 12:08:37 AM

DTG - not questioning you or your sources - but if it's as a DC - it isn't going to happen. I will tell you this - IF Pete Carroll goes to Atlanta, then the delay is more likely due to Monte campaining for the USC HC job. According to Lane, Monte fell in love with the program while he was there and his dad LOVES the program, the beach and the area. Carroll would be CRAZY to go to Atlanta but if that's where he ends up then the scenario I've laid out is more plausible.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 13, 2008, 12:29:17 AM

Carroll isn't going to Atlanta, IMO.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 13, 2008, 12:33:07 AM

Why would he(Kiffin) want to go to Atlanta? OUR DIVISION RIVALS? What did we do wrong? Seriously?

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 13, 2008, 12:54:21 AM

DTG - then who would Monte be DC for in Atlanta? Dungy?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 13, 2008, 12:56:43 AM

I don't know, maybe I spoke out of turn and should just be quiet.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#84 : January 13, 2008, 01:14:13 AM

Caldwell?

Lorax

Second String

#85 : January 13, 2008, 02:08:33 AM

DTG - then who would Monte be DC for in Atlanta? Dungy?
Come on, Dungy isn't going to Atlanta.

Why would he(Kiffin) want to go to Atlanta? OUR DIVISION RIVALS? What did we do wrong? Seriously?
Hey kid, did anybody tell you it's a BUSINESS?

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kiffin offered a new contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools