Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Look what McCarthy is doing with..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
: January 14, 2008, 12:23:15 PM

Yep.. the players assembled by Gruden.

In all honestly and without any intended malice, you've got a real problem.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#1 : January 15, 2008, 09:29:29 AM

I just find it hard to believe that Gruden would go away from the run so much if it was working as well as everyone thinks. 

Maybe they where showing run stopping D at the LOS and Garcia audibled out of it.  If he does it just once per drive and then we get in to long yardage situations we have to pass.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 12, 2008, 11:30:32 PM

Maybe he will take your call Ghost - and all will be well..   And the odds are getting better on successful draft picks - can't miss them all..  okay - you feeling better now LOL

Find this team a 1-2 recievers, another rb, a center and a UT - then it is on....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#3 : January 12, 2008, 11:28:22 PM

You guys over-rate coaches too much. The Bucs need to add more talent.(preferably D line and WR) if they want to have a 13 win team

Homer post of the day.

Isn't it GruAllen's job to acquire talent?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 12, 2008, 11:27:07 PM

After another good draft we should be up there with the Packers. Their o-line is set, like ours. There DB's are old like ours, their front four is stacked though. They have like 3-4 good DT's. Their LB core is young, once Brooks retires our core will be the same. All we need is speed WRs like they have in Jennings and Jones and we'd be straight. 1 more great draft in 08 and we'd be there.
Except Gruden has no idea on how to draft skill players on the offensive side of the ball.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 12, 2008, 11:21:46 PM

After another good draft we should be up there with the Packers. Their o-line is set, like ours. There DB's are old like ours, their front four is stacked though. They have like 3-4 good DT's. Their LB core is young, once Brooks retires our core will be the same. All we need is speed WRs like they have in Jennings and Jones and we'd be straight. 1 more great draft in 08 and we'd be there.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#6 : January 12, 2008, 11:21:04 PM

The difference between the Bucs and the Packers is that the Packers have hit on the wide receivers they have drafted, whereas the bucs have missed on all offensive picks. Give Favre quality targets AND a running game and he is darn near impossible to stop. But if they had swung and missed on WR, RB and 2 OL like we have in the 1st and second rounds then they wouldn't be as good as they are.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 12, 2008, 11:16:16 PM

haha please, McCarthly isn't doing anything...

The team is playing well...and if you give Gruden...Brett Favre, than you would see similar results...

Who's a better coach? Bellechick, McCarthy, Gruden, Norv Turner, Cam Camerson?  If they had the Packers, they'd probably be the same team.

You guys over-rate coaches too much.  The Bucs need to add more talent.(preferably D line and WR) if they want to have a 13 win team

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 14, 2008, 11:10:24 AM

amazing what you can do when your sure-fire HOF QB is having the best statistical season of his career at the age of 38.

Lorax

Second String

#9 : January 12, 2008, 10:30:31 PM

I want to know how old some of you are...I'm guessing teenagers  tops.  Particularly chazmoney and fresh.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 14, 2008, 11:07:44 AM

If having Favre was a guaranteed ticket to the NFC Championship game, the Packers wouldn't have been 4-12 in 2005.

I never said it was guaranteed but without Favre that team would be lucky to win 8 games this year.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 12, 2008, 08:56:24 PM

Would not say the Bucs got improved play from the widereceivers this past season, if anything it dropped. But the running game and tight ends down the stretch picked up the slack.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Tobias Funke

Starter
#12 : January 12, 2008, 08:52:27 PM

...a rebuilding team. The youngest team in the NFL. A veteran QB. A rebuilt O-line. With 3 RB's lost to injury. Lost his Pro-Bowl Safety.

What a real Head Coach can do?
Waaaahhhh! Waaahhhh!
sniff
Waaahhh! Waaaahh!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 12, 2008, 08:55:03 PM

Borna moved in with Abuc.

Man, you should see the love fest between those two on another board, it's hilarious.

Where? I have known Abuccs for a while - and I want to see that one - it has to be hilarious - and short lived...

pewterkrew.com

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 12, 2008, 08:48:36 PM

Borna moved in with Abuc.

Man, you should see the love fest between those two on another board, it's hilarious.

Where?  I have known Abuccs for a while - and I want to see that one - it has to be hilarious - and short lived...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Look what McCarthy is doing with..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools