Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Look what McCarthy is doing with..... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

#105 : January 15, 2008, 02:20:43 PM

Screens are becoming less effective as a play since the DL is getting extremely good at recognizing it.

"What you say?".... Darren Sproles

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#106 : January 15, 2008, 02:35:02 PM

"the people who pick the Packers' players"
Bet ya can't say that five times in a row!

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

clintro

Pro Bowler
#107 : January 15, 2008, 03:03:59 PM

Screens are becoming less effective as a play since the DL is getting extremely good at recognizing it.

Sun shines on a dogs.... hummm  OK a broke clock is right twice a day isn't it?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#108 : January 15, 2008, 07:09:33 PM

Sun shines on a dogs.... hummm  OK a broke clock is right twice a day isn't it?
Well at least you can admit you were wrong.. in a dumbass sort of way.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#109 : January 15, 2008, 07:56:03 PM

'evening Ghost.  You and I have both been wrong before - I kinda liked ol' Clints way of acknowledging an error. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#110 : January 15, 2008, 09:15:45 PM

Well part of drafting well is LUCK.  ALL teams hit and miss on players.  You can never predict that a guy will have IT, the ability to play in the NFL at a high level, just based on their physical skills or College career.   tHye have done a good job of drafting and have stocked up with some young players to go with Favre.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#111 : January 16, 2008, 08:25:28 AM

I am not admitting I am wrong.  I have an opinion that the screen play is not as effective as everyone might think.... the sun shining statement was more to the effect that the one big screen play this season can probably be matched with quite a few unsuccessful screen plays.   I just don't know where to find those stats, nor do i have the time to review hundreds of plays to find them.   

How many interceptions have been thrown, how many tackles for losses, and how many incompletions because the D-linemen have gotten good at recognizing the play?

If it is 3 and 20 and you run a draw play and it works 1 time out of 100 is it a good play to call? 

And Ghost I am sure HATE doesn't need you to stick up for him I am sure he is quite capable to do that himself. 

Wow... this is really off topic.  Guess I should say I think McCarthy is doing a good job of coaching!!

#112 : January 16, 2008, 08:35:28 AM

I am not admitting I am wrong. I have an opinion that the screen play is not as effective as everyone might think.... the sun shining statement was more to the effect that the one big screen play this season can probably be matched with quite a few unsuccessful screen plays.

If you're lookin for unsuccessful screen plays, then look no further than our beloved Bucs. If you want to see teams run screens consistently, look at the Packers, Chargers, Steelers or Colts.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#113 : January 16, 2008, 09:11:59 AM

I am not admitting I am wrong. I have an opinion that the screen play is not as effective as everyone might think.... the sun shining statement was more to the effect that the one big screen play this season can probably be matched with quite a few unsuccessful screen plays.

If you're lookin for unsuccessful screen plays, then look no further than our beloved Bucs. If you want to see teams run screens consistently, look at the Packers, Chargers, Steelers or Colts.

OK hate then if we run them unsuccessfully .... why should we run them? 

#114 : January 16, 2008, 09:14:32 AM

How bout some diversity. For Gruden to have such a complex and sophisticated offense, it sure does show up as generic on the field. We should be able to do more than run off tackle successfully, don't you think?

clintro

Pro Bowler
#115 : January 16, 2008, 09:21:58 AM

How bout some diversity. For Gruden to have such a complex and sophisticated offense, it sure does show up as generic on the field. We should be able to do more than run off tackle successfully, don't you think?
Hey.... we run WR screens all the time....errr guess that isn't diversity.  hehe  ;D ;D

My big thing is that screens are getting broken up all the time by linemen and rarely seem effective to me.  I think a short route out of the backfield is a much better play call.  One broken tackle and a big gain. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#116 : January 16, 2008, 09:43:04 AM

Everyone knows running plays and screens don't always go for big gains, especially in the beginning of games. But you keep running them because 1.) they are safe and have a high percentage of accomplishing something, 2.) they run clock and allow your defense to rest, 3.) they allow your offensive linemen to be aggressive and go after a defense to wear them down by the end of the game, 4.) they slow down the pass rush, and 5.) eventually one will work.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

clintro

Pro Bowler
#117 : January 16, 2008, 09:45:00 AM

I would rather see a delayed draw than a screen.... IMO they work better.

Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Look what McCarthy is doing with..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools