Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Look what McCarthy is doing with..... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#30 : January 12, 2008, 08:03:00 PM

im starting to miss BornaBuc

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#31 : January 12, 2008, 08:05:57 PM

ABuccsFan is nothing but a troll at this point.

yup, they should ban him as well.  I have no problem whatsoever with people expressing their opinions on Gruden but he clearly keeps posting his hatred just to gain attention and it really makes it lame to come on here and sift through all the garbage.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 12, 2008, 11:47:53 PM

Except Gruden has no idea on how to draft skill players on the offensive side of the ball.

So you're saying he's a defensive drafting guru?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 13, 2008, 12:20:00 AM

After watching the Packers today, It will be a repeat superbowl, NE. and GB. Watching that team rally back in the first quarter after being downed 14-0 was pretty amazing.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 13, 2008, 12:22:11 AM

...a rebuilding team. The youngest team in the NFL. A veteran QB. A rebuilt O-line. With 3 RB's lost to injury. Lost his Pro-Bowl Safety.

What a real Head Coach can do?

I agree 100%.

The Packers starting center (Scott Wells) was drafted in the seventh round (251st overall) in the 2004 draft.

Unlike some other teams/draft gurus that advocate drafting zone blocking centers in the first/second rounds of the draft.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#35 : January 13, 2008, 12:51:35 AM

The difference between the Bucs and the Packers is that the Packers have hit on the wide receivers they have drafted, whereas the bucs have missed on all offensive picks. Give Favre quality targets AND a running game and he is darn near impossible to stop. But if they had swung and missed on WR, RB and 2 OL like we have in the 1st and second rounds then they wouldn't be as good as they are.
You're way off base with this. Clayton had he not been a 1st round pick would be serviceable. Carnell is a bust, and Joseph, Trueblood and Sears will be corner stones of this offense for a decade or more. Those picks were home runs. I hate gruden too, but let's be realistic. Our O-line is the most improved part of this team.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#36 : January 13, 2008, 12:57:14 AM

LMAO... Borna is back... man my favorite part was the Favre = Garcia type comments... too funny. Does someone care a little too much about a coach being here?

Lorax

Second String

#37 : January 13, 2008, 02:05:18 AM

I want to know how old some of you are...I'm guessing teenagers tops. Particularly chazmoney and fresh.

wat jus bc u dont like gruden and i do u hav to diss me lol pathetic.
This 'language' right here proves my theory.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : January 13, 2008, 02:31:30 AM

Except Gruden has no idea on how to draft skill players on the offensive side of the ball.

So you're saying he's a defensive drafting guru?
No.. I'm saying picks he has very little input in are the ones turning out very well.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#39 : January 13, 2008, 02:35:33 AM

The difference between the Bucs and the Packers is that the Packers have hit on the wide receivers they have drafted, whereas the bucs have missed on all offensive picks. Give Favre quality targets AND a running game and he is darn near impossible to stop. But if they had swung and missed on WR, RB and 2 OL like we have in the 1st and second rounds then they wouldn't be as good as they are.
You're way off base with this. Clayton had he not been a 1st round pick would be serviceable. Carnell is a bust, and Joseph, Trueblood and Sears will be corner stones of this offense for a decade or more. Those picks were home runs. I hate gruden too, but let's be realistic. Our O-line is the most improved part of this team.
Jospeh and Trueblood will be at best serviceable in the NFL, these 2 are hardly what you spend 1st and 2nd round picks on. Sears I believe has the potential to be great once you get him away from Wade, Muir and the other guys on the line. Nothing impressed me about this line with the exception of the running game. the pass blocking was horrid to say the least. Sears is the only guy on offense that was drafted where he should have been drafted under the current regime. Notice how our defensive picks have been considered "steals" where as our offensive guys have been nothing... However I am not going to even waste my time or energy even thinking we will draft defense in this draft, we are going to waste more picks on the offense.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 13, 2008, 03:52:20 AM

First time I've read anything ghost has posted that he's not swinging from Dungy's jock.  I actually agree with him this time.  Gruden is piss poor when it comes to drafting but the draft is so hit or miss you can't put much stock in it until you have 5+ years to evaluate it which we have now.  I got no problem with Gruden bashers if they bring the facts to support it.  He isn't the best at personnel, play calling, or the miracle offensive genius many of us thought he would be.   All that aside who would you bring in at this point?  Slim pickens right now for head coaches and we have a young one who does know how to motivate.  I'm not about to bust his balls completely when this year a team full of injuries once again over achieved in my eyes.  Sure I'd like to win a playoff game especially one at home but give him an extension and see what happens. Fire him next year if need be.  We should win the division again and get another shot at a playoff run.  Maybe next year you will have a good coach looking for a job but right now there is nobody.  Don't even bring up a college coach who has done good at that level or some promising coordinator I'm talking about someone with head coaching experience in the NFL who can win and win now.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 13, 2008, 04:00:21 AM

Jospeh and Trueblood will be at best serviceable in the NFL, these 2 are hardly what you spend 1st and 2nd round picks on. Sears I believe has the potential to be great once you get him away from Wade, Muir and the other guys on the line. Nothing impressed me about this line with the exception of the running game. the pass blocking was horrid to say the least. Sears is the only guy on offense that was drafted where he should have been drafted under the current regime. Notice how our defensive picks have been considered "steals" where as our offensive guys have been nothing... However I am not going to even waste my time or energy even thinking we will draft defense in this draft, we are going to waste more picks on the offense.
Trueblood was the best damn part of the offensive line this year. I'd say he's a little more than serviceable at this point. The book's still out on Davin, but he shows flashes. Carnell might be a miss, but I'm one of those that thinks rb is the easiest position on a team to fill. Clayton doesn't do enough to warrant his draft status, but he does do all of the little things that won't show up on a stat sheet.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#42 : January 13, 2008, 07:14:15 AM

I agree about Trueblood, but I think if you get Wade out of there, both Joseph and Sears become alot better. Good points though. I would like to see better production from our offensive draft picks. And not just one good rookie season.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 13, 2008, 10:51:52 AM

Worth noting for everyone who thinks Gruden needs all 1st round picks or high priced free agents to have a NFL offense:

RB Ryan Grant undrafted (Giants)
FB Korey Hall 6th round
LT Chad Clifton 2nd round
LG Daryn Colledge 2nd round
C Scott Wells 7th round
RG Jason Spitz 3rd round
RT Mark Tauscher 7th round
TE Donald Lee 5th round (Dolphins)
WR Greg Jennings 2nd round
WR Donald Driver 7th round
WR James Jones 3rd round

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#44 : January 13, 2008, 12:35:37 PM

Gosh, FRG, I believe you left off a key component of that offense wouldn't you say? I'll let you amend it if you see fit.

Funny how the Pack's 2nd rd RB is backing up the Undrafted FA. Guess being a draft genius is harder than it looks.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Look what McCarthy is doing with..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools