Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youth Report « previous next »
Page: 1

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

: January 12, 2008, 04:17:10 PM

Tanard should get an A. For a 4th rounder to do what he did deserves a little more praise.
Got beat deep for a couple TD's. The #1 rule of the Safety in the Tampa 2, never let anyone get behind you.

When did he get beat deep? I remember him giving up a TD, but it wasn't because he got beat deep...he either misplayed the ball or just didn't see it.

I might be forgetting a couple plays or something...

That was the only one that stood out on the top of my mind, and I agree, something wierd happened on that play, he had the ball otherwise.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : January 12, 2008, 12:19:51 AM

2007 Draft Class

Gaines Adams - The rookie first rounder started off pretty slow this year. Somewhat resembling last season number one overall pick Mario Williams. Adams was his own worst enemy by coming out and batting a pass back into opposing QB and NFL golden child, Tom Brady's face in his first action of his NFL career. Immediately you could sense that the fans were expecting a monster year. It was extremely unrealistic, yet some fans were ready to label Gaines a bust after a measly four games. Adams soon caught............

Link

STRICK-9

Starter

#2 : January 12, 2008, 12:43:00 AM

I read your write-up...a very nice piece.  However, one thing to note of the Sears pick.  You indicated it was controversial, which I agree with but for different reasons.  The pick was controversial b/c we had taken Joseph & Trueblood the year before.  The article makes it sound as if both Poz & Branch were available when they weren't.  They were picked 33 and 34th.  That's like saying we should have gone for Quin in the 2nd' it just wasn't possible.  Although Weddle went 37 and that would have been a logical pick. 

Other than, a great piece ABUCCSFAN!

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#3 : January 12, 2008, 12:45:09 AM

The article makes it sound as if both Poz & Branch were available when they weren't.  They were picked 33 and 34th. 
No, they weren't available, but there was a lot of banter and argument about the Buccs not trading up to get those guys. They were first round talent some Buccs fans felt warranted moving up for. That was the controversy.

jacksmith

Rookie

#4 : January 12, 2008, 01:20:46 AM

Tanard should get an A. For a 4th rounder to do what he did deserves a little more praise.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : January 12, 2008, 01:51:49 AM

I don't wear homer blinders. Tanard set the world on fire the 1st quarter of the season, then tailed off toward the end. Got beat deep for a couple TD's. The #1 rule of the Safety in the Tampa 2, never let anyone get behind you. Tanard had an awesome season. But he doesn't get an A just because I like him.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 12, 2008, 09:35:16 AM

Got beat deep for a couple TD's. The #1 rule of the Safety in the Tampa 2, never let anyone get behind you.

When did he get beat deep?  I remember him giving up a TD, but it wasn't because he got beat deep...he either misplayed the ball or just didn't see it.

I might be forgetting a couple plays or something...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Youth Report « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools