Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Valero Rips Gruden/Bucs on Way Out the Door « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#165 : January 14, 2008, 04:15:45 PM

No doubt he is getting that done in NE with a great qb - I can tell you that it was nowhere near his Cleveland performance.

Of course not, but I give him credit for learning from his mistakes.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#166 : January 14, 2008, 04:18:28 PM

No doubt he is getting that done in NE with a great qb - I can tell you that it was nowhere near his Cleveland performance.

Of course not, but I give him credit for learning from his mistakes.

Okay, I will give him that credit and for hitting the qb lotto - now maybe it is the buccs turn - been 30 years... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#167 : January 14, 2008, 05:12:01 PM

My point was that Belichick doesn't spend time watching players from other teams' practice squads...which is where A LOT of their players have come from. The Patriots haven't drafted as well as they are thought to have.
Of course he has help. Does the CEO of Coca Cola inspect every can of Coke ever made? No. But he has a system in place and people he trusts to give him what he needs to make the decisions that the entire organization will live with. Belichick has people in place and he tells them what he wants. They do all or most of the legwork and he makes the ultimate decision.

Did Belichick not have final say in Cleveland?
Frankly I don't know but I don't see how his lack of success in Cleveland tarnishes his great success in New England. Is brett Favre a loser because he didn't play as well in Atlanta as he did in Green Bay?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#168 : January 14, 2008, 05:14:03 PM

The coach in NE fosters tremendous calm and composure in his football team. That's huge.
Very very very well said. As we all know NFL games are usually won not by the team that makes the most great plays but by the team that makes the fewest mistakes. Belichick's teams are ungodly disciplined and seemingly only make one mistake of their own for every ten their opponent makes.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#169 : January 14, 2008, 05:36:10 PM

Did Belichick not have final say in Cleveland?
Frankly I don't know but I don't see how his lack of success in Cleveland tarnishes his great success in New England. Is brett Favre a loser because he didn't play as well in Atlanta as he did in Green Bay?

I'm not questioning his coaching ability...it's all of the people who are saying he is the best talent evaluator in the world!  If that was the case, he would have been a great scout at Cleveland, and he wasn't.  It's mostly the front office and pro scouting that has that team with all of the players that they have, not Belichick.

But he has done an unbelievable job at coaching them.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#170 : January 14, 2008, 05:37:42 PM

So the fact that he hired all the scouts, tells tham what kind of players he wants, and has 'final say' doesn't mean much?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#171 : January 14, 2008, 06:18:39 PM

Sure.

Did he hire Pioli?  Can you prove that he hired all of the scouts?

All I am trying to say is that Belichick isn't everything in New England...it's the franchise as a whole.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#172 : January 14, 2008, 06:37:40 PM

Last thing I'm going to say: three former New England assistants are now head coaches someplace else, and the Pats are having their best season. That should tell you who is running the show.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#173 : January 14, 2008, 06:41:32 PM

Pioli and Belichick...both of them.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#174 : January 14, 2008, 06:44:27 PM

Last thing I'm going to say: three former New England assistants are now head coaches someplace else, and the Pats are having their best season. That should tell you who is running the show.

Good point - now take Brady and see where they are... including the three former assistants - oppos forgot you have already had you self imposed last say...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Valero Rips Gruden/Bucs on Way Out the Door « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools