Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: VALERO AT ODDS WITH GRUDEN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: January 14, 2008, 12:50:32 PM

Very well done.

Like I said, we have only the word of a disgruntled employee who was kicked to the curb that he was "promised" anything. I suspect it is closer to the truth that he was told that once Bill Muir steps down, he'd get consideration. But you know what? Situations change over time.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 14, 2008, 12:43:20 PM

DTG with the Judge Judy reference.... nice....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 14, 2008, 12:45:19 PM

Very well done.

"Case dismissed" - will that work with "TheGhostofAlvinHarper"?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 14, 2008, 12:16:57 PM

This guy Valero who apparently thinks Gruden has been holding him down for all this time...or Gruden who told this guy he was going to make him offensive coordinator...

Well, Valero claims he was told that. We don't know for sure. For all we know, Gruden told him: "Look, you know that Bill Muir is having health problems. When he finally decides to lessen his workload, you know you're going to be my choice for offensive cooordinator."

Well, Bill's still working hard.

It's kind of like "Judge Judy". Do you guys ever watch her? Sometimes a plaintiff will come on the show and say: "I'm suing him for the $2,000 I loaned him. He promised to pay me back when he got back on his feet." And Judge Judy turns to the defendant and says: "Are you back on your feet yet?" And the defendant says: "No judge, I currently am out of work on a disability." And then she turns back to the plaintiff and says: "He's not on his feet. You had contract that he would pay you when he got back on his feet. He hasn't. Your case is dismissed."

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 14, 2008, 11:29:32 AM

That part amazed me as well Zen - if that was the way he viewed his relationship to his boss and his employers - he should have simply moved on very quietly.

As to the 100+ unused presentations - well that should give one the same reaction as noted above.  It tells you you ain't getting it - intellectually, or any other way.  If your boss doesn't use one of the first 5-10 you need to sit down and review what is being asked for - and how/when it will be used. 

This "story" is getting out of hand - but that is not new in this marketplace.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#5 : January 14, 2008, 11:25:13 AM

"Valero, who had heard about Coyer’s hire and his title listening to the Steve Duemig Show on WDAE 620..."

Well, that's Art's problem right there, he listens to the little dog...

"...was resigned to asking Pewter Report to question Gruden up in Mobile, Ala. on whether he was still the assistant head coach or not. Apparently, Valero didn’t want to have a confrontation with Gruden last January as the Buccaneers were once again responsible for coaching in the Senior Bowl."

Ok, so instead of talking to your boss because you're afraid of a confrontation, you ask a member of the media to do it for you instead?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 14, 2008, 11:07:19 AM

Alice in Chains?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Admirebucs

Starter

#7 : January 14, 2008, 11:54:26 AM

There are no work places where everybody likes the boss......*This is a no story

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#8 : January 14, 2008, 11:54:44 AM

From reading PR in the past, there has always been lots of good things written about Valero, now I know where that info came from ::) Seemed like Art liked to talk to anyone who would listen. Makes me wonder if he was saying good things to PR (before recently) on the record and then secretly trashing the team to the local papers and radio guys.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 13, 2008, 12:36:07 AM

You've read Art Valero's disparaging comments about Bucs head coach Jon Gruden in Saturday's St. Petersburg Times. Valero called PewterReport.com on Saturday for a lengthy conversation, going into greater detail about Gruden, why he felt it was time to leave Tampa Bay and his disagreement over resting starters for the Giants playoff game.

Some key aspects that were in PewterReport.com's Valero story include:

• The reason why he is at odds with Gruden and when that took place.
• The fact that the Bucs did not offer Valero a contract extension.
• Valero said that part of his conversation with the Times was mischaracterized.
• The fact that while Valero wanted out of Tampa Bay, three prominent assistants – Bill Muir, Rich Bisaccia and Richard Mann – had signed contract extensions within 72 hours of the Bucs' playoff loss.

Check out the story on the front page of PewterReport.com.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 13, 2008, 12:53:17 AM

As I suspected, Valero wasn't offered a contract extension. No wonder he's going to take a chance with Linehan.

Bucfanut

Starter

#11 : January 13, 2008, 12:56:46 AM

LOL, Stroud and the SP Times again stick their feet in their respective mouths.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 13, 2008, 12:58:37 AM

Stroud loses another source here in Tampa, and tries his best to spin everything in a negative way against the Gruden regime.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 13, 2008, 01:09:47 AM

A fair and unbiased article.  Good job, guys.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 13, 2008, 01:12:39 AM

I'm not really sure in what way Stroud did anything wrong. Valero raised some issues which have been raised before and appear to be an area in which Gruden is not all that great. I just find it a little strange that Valero keeps coming back for more.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: VALERO AT ODDS WITH GRUDEN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools