Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: VALERO AT ODDS WITH GRUDEN « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#15 : January 13, 2008, 01:20:02 AM

This is the discouraging type of thing I thought this would be. It really puts Gruden in a negative light. The way Valero talks about it Gruden can be pretty much scum of the Earth when dealing with others on the roster and coaching staff.

#16 : January 13, 2008, 01:29:17 AM

we....the fans are in
as the DI's  said back in the day
are in
'deep crap"

for the record...I didn't post "crap"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 13, 2008, 01:30:18 AM

This is the discouraging type of thing I thought this would be. It really puts Gruden in a negative light. The way Valero talks about it Gruden can be pretty much scum of the Earth when dealing with others on the roster and coaching staff.

He's so bad that coaches keep signing extensions. And a few of our veterans still want to play for him
or they would have left when they had a chance.

Maybe Valero didn't get a chance to calls plays in the Senior Bowl or give presentations to the team
because he showed he wasn't ready or didn't prepare enough?

BucNGator

Starter

#18 : January 13, 2008, 01:42:18 AM

We've probably all had our share of bosses that liked to blow smoke up your butt, about end of year bonuses, ect.  Eventually, you learn to take what he says with a grain of salt....... but as long as the stock performs, you tolerate the character flaws.

If Valero thinks this helps him in the long run, good luck to him.  There's about 25 other head coaches that just read this and will no longer consider him for anything.  If I'm an assistant, I'm looking to expand my horizon, not narrow it to old friends, who may or may not be in a future position to drag your butt along!!

It's nice to hear about the inner workings of an NFL team........... but not like this!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : January 13, 2008, 01:50:32 AM

He's so bad that coaches keep signing extensions. And a few of our veterans still want to play for him
or they would have left when they had a chance.

Maybe Valero didn't get a chance to calls plays in the Senior Bowl or give presentations to the team
because he showed he wasn't ready or didn't prepare enough?

Thanks for giving out free info Joe. I know you're new at this PI thing, but we like to leave juicy pieces of info like this on the PI board.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 13, 2008, 01:55:06 AM

I can't seem to remember other asst coaches in the NFL saying negative things about their former boss in the media when they leave a team. This seems a bit unprofessional to me.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 13, 2008, 01:56:22 AM

The fact that Valero could only get a job with a coach that may be fired soon - says more about Valero than Gruden. Sounds like he fits well with guys like Meshaun, McCardell and Simeon. And the funny thing is he gives Tony Dungy respect in Strouds story - but I wonder why Tony couldn't find a spot for him in Indy (I mean he even found a spot for Clyde Christianson)?

Dr Stroud strikes again!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#22 : January 13, 2008, 01:57:57 AM

- but I wonder why Tony couldn't find a spot for him in Indy (I mean he even found a spot for Clyde Christianson)?

As his chauffeur? Butler? What position would you want Dungy to find for him next season when he's sitting at home enjoying retirement?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 14, 2008, 10:55:01 AM

another pathetic response from Alvis the Moron

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 13, 2008, 02:26:13 AM

Oh I don't know, QB coach, like Clyde. Or maybe like TE coach,  O-line coach or hey, maybe even assistant offensive coordinator - kind of like he'll be for Linehan - just before Linehan goes on his early retirement program.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : January 13, 2008, 02:28:04 AM

Oh I don't know, QB coach, like Clyde. Or maybe like TE coach,  O-line coach or hey, maybe even assistant offensive coordinator - kind of like he'll be for Linehan - just before Linehan goes on his early retirement program.
Why would Dungy hire him when he's retiring?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 13, 2008, 02:29:29 AM

Why would Valero go to work for Linehan when he's going to be fired soon?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#27 : January 13, 2008, 02:34:48 AM

Retirement is certain, firing is not. If the Rams turn it around next year you won't be singing this tune. The NFL is unpredictable.

And by the way Joe, just because there are still people who are willing to play for Gruden doesn't mean that what happened to Valero isn't also true and it doesn't mean that it's justified. There are a million what ifs that we can come up with but when you break it all down if you believe what Valero said, and I do, then you believe that Gruden flat out lied to the guy about stuff and may have even stunted his growth as a coach. That's not cool.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : January 13, 2008, 02:38:50 AM

The reason these other clowns signed extensions was because they knew they weren't going get another job in the NFL. That is laughable... those guys over on the offensive side of the ball are incompetent at best.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#29 : January 13, 2008, 03:05:35 AM

Obviously from reading the PR article, Gruden isn't a perfect manager.   I'd bet that Bellicheck has a few staffers who likewise aren't pleased with their role on the Patriots.   Funny/odd that Velero prepared 113 team presentations and never presented a single one. I think after about the 5th one, I'd have gotten the message, talked to the boss about it.  Something tells me that the staff might not have had a lot of confidence in the man.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: VALERO AT ODDS WITH GRUDEN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools