Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: VALERO AT ODDS WITH GRUDEN « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 13, 2008, 11:36:38 PM

That thing about having 100+ presentations never used is kind of funny...I would've gotten the hint around #5...

Honestly, I found it very disconcerting, if true.  Surely it's exxagerated, but still...  I would be pissed, too.

There's a couple of things about this that I question and that's one of them....and you are correct that it's disconcerting no matter what although from which side is open to debate pending the truth.

What I don't understand is Valero not only going on a rant to Stroud but apparently contacting PR to continue the conversation. No matter how "wronged" he felt, doesn't it seem odd that he'd worry as much as he is about what's occurred in what is now his past rather what he's going to be doing with the Rams? If I'm the Rams I'm concerned about that. I just don't see how this could be a positive for his future at all.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 13, 2008, 11:41:28 PM

That thing about having 100+ presentations never used is kind of funny...I would've gotten the hint around #5...

It IS funny sammy. Did he make the presentations every week and hope beyond hope that
THIS was the week Gruden would let him do it? You would think he would have gotten
a clue after the 27th time. Or 55th time. Or, 77th time.

This is the week! I can just feel it!!!

It would be really funny if it wasn't so pathetic. I kind of feel bad for the guy. It's like
a girl telling you that she doesn't want to go out with you but you buy her flowers
and ask again. She says no again. You buy flowers again and ask again. After 100
times, you're broke and hard up. Was Valero a stalker? :-) Seems very odd.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 13, 2008, 11:44:07 PM

It IS funny sammy. Did he make the presentations every week and hope beyond hope that
THIS was the week Gruden would let him do it? You would think he would have gotten
a clue after the 27th time. Or 55th time. Or, 77th time.

This is the week! I can just feel it!!!

It would be really funny if it wasn't so pathetic. I kind of feel bad for the guy. It's like
a girl telling you that she doesn't want to go out with you but you buy her flowers
and ask again. She says no again. You buy flowers again and ask again. After 100
times, you're broke and hard up. Was Valero a stalker? :-) Seems very odd.

According to Valero's quote in the article, he was told by Gruden to do prepare the presentations.  Should he have refused to do what his boss ordered him to do?

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 13, 2008, 11:45:32 PM

Your'e a pathetic puke. You cry about wanting the coach fired but when asked what you would do you whine about it not being your job to find a coach. Shut th fuk up you blow hard.
You don't have to drink the milk to know it's bad---smelliing it is enough. If you think no one is checking into what coaches are available you are a fool---and a jock sniffer. Yes, I want him fired before the team I have supported many years is a total mess and a laughing stock.

Borox - your'e a laughing stock, this team is finally out of the hell hole it was left in by the last GM and looks to have a very good future.  I criticize Gruden for some of the things he does but for the most part and especially compared to whats the alternative, he's pretty good.  Sure, I would like to see a few changes, but the fact is we've won 3 Division Champs in the last 6 yrs and, IMO we're set up to  become a consistant contender, hardly a laughing stock, that would be Atlanta.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 13, 2008, 11:51:25 PM

According to Valero's quote in the article, he was told by Gruden to do prepare the presentations.  Should he have refused to do what his boss ordered him to do?

At number 5 or so, I think I would have said, "Coach, are you ever going to use these?"

I've had director's ask me to shoot things and if I know it's never going to make it to
air, I'll say something. Most times I lose an have to shoot it. But at least speak up.

I don't fell sorry for him as far as the being let go part goes. Speaking out like this is
just plain stupid.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 13, 2008, 11:55:31 PM

According to Valero's quote in the article, he was told by Gruden to do prepare the presentations. Should he have refused to do what his boss ordered him to do?

Does this seem believeable? That 113 times Gruden would ask Valero to do this and 113 times he coldly rejected him...and I absolutely don't believe that Gruden is that unapproachable that he won't communicate with his assistants when they have questions or concerns -- such as being asked to come up with presentations and then not being allowed to present them...

BucNGator

Starter

#81 : January 14, 2008, 12:01:09 AM

Maybe Gruden has ALL the assistants prepare presentations, and he chooses the one that's suitable for the week....... who knows.  By not using a SINGLE one of Valero's in five years, makes it kinda funny.

I liked the part where he suggests that Gruden "Tried to dictate to him........ blah, blah, blah"

Ummmmmmm Art, he's your boss.  Dictating your responsibility is his job!!

Anyway you look at it, this is pretty unprecedented in the NFL (to this much of a degree anyway).  Art accomplished nothing, but screwing himself for future consideration!!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 14, 2008, 12:27:05 AM

According to Valero's quote in the article, he was told by Gruden to do prepare the presentations. Should he have refused to do what his boss ordered him to do?

At number 5 or so, I think I would have said, "Coach, are you ever going to use these?"

I've had director's ask me to shoot things and if I know it's never going to make it to
air, I'll say something. Most times I lose an have to shoot it. But at least speak up.

I don't fell sorry for him as far as the being let go part goes. Speaking out like this is
just plain stupid

Exactly right - if after 5 times the guy doesn't use what you give him - either move on then or shut up.

Can you imagine his next coach, I mean the one after Linehan? Think he'll mind the part where he trashes his former boss, or the part where he produced 100 presentations that weren't used? Wonder if he'll question Grfuden or the quality of those presentations?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

clintro

Pro Bowler
#83 : January 14, 2008, 10:11:51 AM

Well.. there's the second biggest boob on the board behind Biggs.

Hehe... boobs are good ;)

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#84 : January 14, 2008, 03:17:32 PM

That's true - and sometimes you screw up and expose yourself. I've had people working for me that I thought were prepared only to see that they were not ready for the project I'd given them. Conversely, I have been given a project that my performance cost me my standing with my boss in a previous company.

It's like my dad used to tell me - "sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you..."

This was Valero, medium rare.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: VALERO AT ODDS WITH GRUDEN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools