Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the GM... Who are our your first four draft picks? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

clintro

Pro Bowler
: January 14, 2008, 12:46:55 PM

1 - Best Player Available
2 - repeat
3 - repeat
4 - repeat

Etc...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 14, 2008, 11:07:17 AM

DL
CB
WR
QB

msakaniwa

Starter

#2 : January 13, 2008, 12:44:47 PM

I know free agancy has to come to fruition prior to final evaluations of need, but say we don't hit on any franchise guys due to them being grossly over paid (which has been the trend around the league the last couple of years).  Many agrre what our needs are...

My picks would be:

1.  Pat Sims dt - maybe a little reach, but will not be around when we pick in the 2nd...  our biggest need with wr imo.
2.  Mario Manningham wr - See wr corps...  speaks for itself.
3.  Chris Johnson rb/wr/kr/pr - Could fill a lot of holes if he's still around.  Very versatile player with 4.3 speed and great hands.
4.  Mike Pollak c - Center is probably the final piece of the puzzle for a much impoved oline.  I kno there looked wore down a little by the end of the year, but I think the oline will continue to steadily improve.

Obviously I would love to get Chad Johnson, Terell Suggs, Jared Allen, Lance Briggs,Bryant Young, ect but not sure it's gonna happen for us.  What do you guys think?

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 13, 2008, 12:50:55 PM

Well, If I am the GM and dont get PTP's via free agency. The first four picks would be this for me.

1. RB Jonathan Stewart / Rashard Mendenhall depending on which one was at 20
2. WR  Harry Douglass
3. TE Martin Rucker
4. C Mike Pollak

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 13, 2008, 12:55:08 PM

Three receivers and a D-lineman. Order doesn't matter.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 13, 2008, 12:59:47 PM

1. DL Calais Campell, Miami- The dude is 6-8, 280 pounds and can play any position on the line.  I like the over-zied DE to play opposite Gaines Adams.  I also would sign a veteran pass rusher like Kearse, who both he and Greg White,  would mix in with Campbell and Adams.

2. TRADED along with a 2009 3rd round pick to the Cincinatti Bengals for WR Chad Johnson

3. CB Dominique Cromartie, Tennesee State- He is 6-2 so that gives us some height at that position.  We have aging guys with Barber and Kelly, and with Kelly's cap number, who knows he may be out.  I would keep him, however, along with Barber and Bucchanon.  However, groom Cromartie to be a player in your defense.

4. TRADED along with WR Michael Clayton to the New York Jets for DT DeWayne Robertson.

D Line make-over- Gaines Adams, Calais Campbell, Greg White, Jevon Kearse, Patrick Chuckwurah, DT Chris Hovan, DT Jovan Haye, DT DeWayne Robertson, DT Ryan Sims.

OUT: Kevin Carter, Greg Spires, Greg Peterson.  I would also love to add more players, but I have a feeling the Haynesworths and Suggs may be re-signed.  Plus, I dont think Suggs fits our scheme as a DE.  I hope he does...would love to have him, he's young and good.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 13, 2008, 01:01:55 PM

1. rb  Jonathan Stewart
2. cb  Victor Harris
3. wr William Franklin/Adrian Arrington if he runs in the 4.4-4.5 range
4. dt  Trevor Laws

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

msakaniwa

Starter

#7 : January 13, 2008, 01:03:34 PM

Really like suggs pass rush ability.  Most coveted guy after CJ imo (jared allen will get frachised)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 13, 2008, 01:22:55 PM

1. OT Sam Baker
2. DE Lawrence Jackson
3. CB Trae Williams
4. DT DeMario Pressley

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 13, 2008, 02:03:44 PM

1. Ryan Clady LT
2. Dre Moore DT
3. Doriean Bryant WR
4. Zack Bowman CB

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 13, 2008, 02:29:20 PM

1. Kentwan Balmer NC DT
2.  a) DJ Hall Bama WR  b)Harry Douglas Louisville WR  c)  Donnie Avery Houston WR
3.  Chevis Jackson LSU  CB
4.  a) Mike Pollack ASU C   b) Adam Speiker Missouri C

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#11 : January 13, 2008, 02:50:24 PM

Right now... though I will change my mind a million times from now until the draft.

1. Pat Sims AU DT
2. Phillip Merling CLEM DE
3. DJ Hall WR BAMA
4. Tony Hills Jr. LT TEX

I want a team built up front on both sides... So add pass rush with two dominant first round talent DLineman, and then get an underrated LT for the future. We also get a playmaker out of it in DJ Hall, lord knows we need that. This draft is ofcourse if we don't sign anyone at UT (C. Williams).

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 13, 2008, 02:53:26 PM

Ts, your right, you have to build your lines first.

I think the Bucs have caught on there with recent drafts including DE Gaines Adams, T Jeremy Trueblood, Gs Davin Joseph and Arron Sears.  I think everyone agrees that our 2 main priorities this offseason are...

1- DEFENSIVE LINE
2- Playmaker at WR

tonilynn

Starter

#13 : January 13, 2008, 03:06:28 PM

Round 1 Kentwan Balmer NC DT or Calais Campell DL Whoever is available take if both available then whoever has better combine
Round 2 Traded to Cincy for Chad Johnson
Round 3 Best available QB hopefully can compete to be our future QB
Round 4 Best available center
Round 5 trade for Jason Taylor DE

FREE AGENTS
1.Micheal The Burner Turner HB
2.Lance Briggs LB
3.Asante Samuel CB

Lose
1. Gradkowski
2. Becht
3. Pittman
4. Warren
5. Spires
6. Nece
7. Kelly

tonilynn

Starter

#14 : January 13, 2008, 03:11:52 PM

I think we may even need one more receiver after johnson85 maybe porter,stallworth,williamson would be my choice my WR core for 08

1.Chad Johnson
2.Joey Galloway
3.Micheal Clayton
4.Ike Hilliard
5.Donte Stallworth and if he proved himself in 09 would be our 2nd or 3rd WR
6.Maurice Stovall
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the GM... Who are our your first four draft picks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools