Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the GM... Who are our your first four draft picks? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 13, 2008, 03:45:48 PM

I don't see much talk about CB's.  I think this is a weakness that is gonna get worse quickly.  IMO. Barber is slowin' down, Kelly is either hurt or whining or both.  We need to upgrade rapidly with, at least, 1 first day pick and 1 high end FA.  We were hurt badly by the good QB's, hell, we were hurt badly by the backup QB's.  I know this is partly because of our pass rush, but our corners are old and slow.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 13, 2008, 03:48:23 PM

I want a CB that can cover not just play in zone and tackle. I really wanted Antonio Cromartie

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#17 : January 13, 2008, 03:51:41 PM

I don't see much talk about CB's. I think this is a weakness that is gonna get worse quickly. IMO. Barber is slowin' down, Kelly is either hurt or whining or both. We need to upgrade rapidly with, at least, 1 first day pick and 1 high end FA. We were hurt badly by the good QB's, hell, we were hurt badly by the backup QB's. I know this is partly because of our pass rush, but our corners are old and slow.
It's a lot more to do with the pass rush, CB's aren't supposed to cover for 8-10 seconds... if you notice most of the QB's completions are well after the 6 seconds that they should be allowed in the pocket. If anything the CB's had a helluva year with the pass rush being so bad. Only knock I have on them is playing off when it is 3rd or 2nd and short, I'd like our CB's to be a lot more physical and knock recivers around. This is a need for the future, but for next year we will be fine at CB.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 13, 2008, 04:19:21 PM

Next year we MIGHT be fine, but that's why you draft this year so we WILL be fine next year and the year after.  This is a good, deep draft for CB's, get one while we can.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#19 : January 13, 2008, 05:46:21 PM

Next year we MIGHT be fine, but that's why you draft this year so we WILL be fine next year and the year after. This is a good, deep draft for CB's, get one while we can.
I will agree with you on that one, should the right guy fall to us in the 3rd - 4th IMO jump on him, but also don't go out of your way to draft one just bc you will need one later on, maybe (they like Sammy + PBuc). I would like to look at Aso from Oakland should he not be franchise by some miracle... I would even look at Asante too.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 13, 2008, 06:09:53 PM

1-Vernon Gholston-DE
2-Chevis Jackson-CB
3-Jamaal Charles-RB
4-Joe Jon Finley-TE

You must be accountable for your actions!

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#21 : January 13, 2008, 06:11:46 PM

1-Vernon Gholston
2-Chevis Jackson
3-Jamaal Charles
4-Joe Jon Finley
Vernon isn't getting out of the top 10...

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 13, 2008, 06:18:04 PM

1-Vernon Gholston
2-Chevis Jackson
3-Jamaal Charles
4-Joe Jon Finley

I'd prefer Tyson Jackson, but I don't think he has declared...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 13, 2008, 06:18:46 PM

and Gholston is a RE, something we don't need

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#24 : January 13, 2008, 06:19:35 PM

1-Vernon Gholston
2-Chevis Jackson
3-Jamaal Charles
4-Joe Jon Finley

I'd prefer Tyson Jackson, but I don't think he has declared...
I agree, he would be a perfect fit at UT IMO... reminds me of Carricker, don't think he is coming out though. Too bad.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 13, 2008, 07:24:25 PM

If Stewart is available at #20 you have to take him.  I also wouldn't mind LT Jeff Otah of Pitt there.  Maybe even Kentwan Balmer DT-NC if you want to go that route.  Might be a reach at #20 but has the raw ability to be a star.  Antoine Cason CB-Arizona should be considered there as well.   Keith Rivers OLB-USC would be a great replacement for Brooks but with the drafting of Black last year other positions might be better served addressing here.  Pollak is a good Center prospect however I like Cody Wallace from Texas A&M better.  Probably a 3rd rounder.  I like Dorian Bryant in the 3rd or 4th as a slot receiver/KR.  I wouldn't mind Delaware QB Joe Flacco in the 2nd but he probably isn't mobile enough for Gruden.  What would you guys think of Limas Sweed if available in the 2nd?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 13, 2008, 07:25:40 PM

Limas Sweet wont make it to the 2nd round let alone to our pick in the 2nd round.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 13, 2008, 07:29:58 PM

Lawrence Jackson
1. OT Sam Baker
2. DE Lawrence Jackson
3. CB Trae Williams
4. DT DeMario Pressley

Lawrence Jackson in the mid 2nd would be a steal.  He would make a nice strong side DE.  I'd be surprised if he was still avail. there but he's not sexy enough to take at #20.  Baker would be a decent pick in the first.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 13, 2008, 07:32:07 PM

Limas Sweet wont make it to the 2nd round let alone to our pick in the 2nd round.

I didn't think so.  Will he be healthy enough to work out pre draft though? 

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#29 : January 14, 2008, 10:23:08 AM

I agree, but Balmer defanitely isn't that DT IMO... Gimme Pat Sims over him.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the GM... Who are our your first four draft picks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools