Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steps to fix offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 13, 2008, 09:06:53 PM

or we could do this.....

1. Get Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Dante Stallowth, Jerry Porter.  Obviously some are better then others, but we do need more weapons on offense.

2. Get a veteran back-up QB.  McCown wasn't bad but mad mistakes that were just inexcusable.  He could stil win the #2 job, but hed have to beat out a Culpepper, McNair, Green, Johnson, etc.

3. Start Garcia.  Your crazy.  We were an 8-4 team with Garcia, a 1-3 team without him.

4. Defensive line make-over.  All the offense in the world won't matter if our D cant get to the QB

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 13, 2008, 09:07:38 PM

regardless of Simms blowing ability, he can throw the ball a lot better than Garcia

Unless you count batted balls and interceptions. Besides that, he still doesn't have full command of the offense, and he's as mobile as a brick, and he's very slow thinking behind the line. Other than that, he's great.

Buc554Life

Rookie

#17 : January 13, 2008, 09:16:44 PM

After one bad game our team MNP is no good now? (GARICIA)

Chris Anderson

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 13, 2008, 09:52:56 PM

1. Continue to bring McCown along behind Garcia for another year or two.

2. Go after the best center avalible if you don't land him in FA then draft him.

3. Get a return man with game breaking ability.

4. Speedy catching running back and play making receivers!!!

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 13, 2008, 09:58:03 PM

I think the thing McCown needs most is experience. Perhaps he can get a lot of PT this pre-season. I see him as a long-time backup who can start in spots, but for now I don't know if he's full-time starting material.

Yet.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 13, 2008, 10:09:07 PM

I agree about the experience thing DTG, but for him to only have started about 8 or so games thus far in his career I think its fair to say he will only get better with the tools he has. Not to mention by the time he's ready (or should be ready) we'll have same big time playmakers in place to make his job that much more easier.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 13, 2008, 10:12:32 PM

I think its fair to so he will only get better with the tools he has

It's not a foregone conclusion, however. You never know. More experience will tell us more.

Brooks 10/55

Second String

#22 : January 13, 2008, 10:19:37 PM

I can't believe we're talking about Luke McCown as the future of this offense. Jeff Garcia is the QB for the next two years, and after that we'll have someone starting for us that isn't on the team right now.

Luke is a great fill-in, and could be one of the best #2s in the league...but come on people.

#23 : January 13, 2008, 10:21:48 PM

Steps to fix offense?

We've had six years.... how much more time you got?

dodda45

Starter
#24 : January 13, 2008, 10:23:41 PM

I think we all agree we need to pick up playmakers on the offensive side...but start Simms?  That is unbelievable...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 13, 2008, 10:36:12 PM

1. Fire Muir, Mann, and Hackett.
2. Cut Clayton and Stovall.
3. Do not sign any more receivers over 6'1" and/or who run above 4.5.
4. Get a QB with a NFL arm.
5. Put the QB in a set of pads like what Brian Cox used to wear so he cannot turn his head more than 45 degrees to eliminate the horizontal dump off passes.
6. Find offensive linemen who can pass block.
7. If the offensive linemen cannot pass block, learn to leave extra blockers in.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 13, 2008, 11:17:24 PM

Too bad this team has been let down by Simms and Gradkowski in the last couple of years b/c McCown has the potential to be a heckuva QB...

He could use the enthusiasm that most people apparently wasted on Chris and Bruce...

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 14, 2008, 07:59:37 AM

I can't believe we're talking about Luke McCown as the future of this offense. Jeff Garcia is the QB for the next two years, and after that we'll have someone starting for us that isn't on the team right now.

Luke is a great fill-in, and could be one of the best #2s in the league...but come on people.

Perhaps Donovan McNabb in 2 years...

You must be accountable for your actions!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 14, 2008, 03:14:07 PM

If the choice was between Pittman and Bennett, I'd take Pittman. Even as a number 3.
He has good hands and can block-Bennett can't do either.
Need a speedster at RB-who can block and catch the ball.

Askew is a lock-best we've had in years. Pittman can also play FB. We have Storer in training. Don't need to waste a draft pick on this position

If Chad Johnson can be had for a #2, I'd get him. Also go after Berrian or Johnson (Cards).
Only trade a draft pick for one of the three. (Keep the rest of the picks for the draft unless a valued 3 technique UT becomes available-not Henderson).We have 5 picks tops, not counting any supplementals.

Lehr does not appear to be any better at guard than Mahan. Look for another guard.

Stop dancing around Buenning. He is supposedly healthy. Either he has the potential or he doesn't. He's had 4 months of training-supposedly. If not move him to a swing guard.
If Faine is a FA, go after him.

Get another tight end. Let Becht go.

Look for a backup pure right tackle-not a LT shifted to RT.

Keep Clayton. Maybe look at him as a TE. Is a tremendous blocker.

Keep Stovall-even if its only for ST.

Don't need a LT.

Run with McCown as #2 unless we can get a vet who fits the WCO.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

PoorRichard

Starter

#29 : January 14, 2008, 04:32:28 PM

1. If simms is healthy start him if not start McCown, I like Garcia but the guy doesn't have the arm for the big time throw. I doubt he can make it through a full season.

I didn't get to read the rest of the post b/c statement #1 = credibility killer!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steps to fix offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools