Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steps to fix offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 14, 2008, 04:39:07 PM

Simms is twice as good as McCown I dont care what anyone says I bet we trade or cut him and he does really well in another teams offense.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 14, 2008, 04:42:50 PM

Simms is twice as good as McCown

AHAHAHAHA!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 14, 2008, 04:49:03 PM

Simms is twice as good as McCown I dont care what anyone says I bet we trade or cut him and he does really well in another teams offense.
Agree witht the bolded portion.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 14, 2008, 04:51:49 PM

regardless of Simms blowing ability, he can throw the ball a lot better than Garcia and if we are going to have any good/great weapons we need someone to get them the ball

What????  Did you watch the first 2 games of '06 or the '05 Playoff game?  It's football not volleyball.  The idea is to throw to our receivers, not get the ball spiked back in your face.

If the team is the Florida Firecats or another AFL2 team, maybe.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 14, 2008, 04:57:13 PM

#6. Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

Tom Brady is a freakish exception that no sane person should go into a draft expecting to see replicated.  You draft a quarterback later than the third round (or probably more realistically after the second round), you expect him to be a backup.  If he develops beyond that, great, but expecting it is just silly.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 14, 2008, 04:59:18 PM

Romo and Garcia were undrafted.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 14, 2008, 05:02:44 PM

Maybe the buccs stumble accross someone like Romo this off season?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 14, 2008, 05:25:25 PM

Romo and Garcia were undrafted.

And Colston was a seventh rounder, June was a sixth rounder, Mark Anderson was a sixth rounder, Willie Parker was an UDFA,  etc.

Clearly, we should trade all of our draft picks for sixth and seventh rounders, amirite?

Brooks 10/55

Second String

#38 : January 14, 2008, 09:44:41 PM

I can't believe we're talking about Luke McCown as the future of this offense. Jeff Garcia is the QB for the next two years, and after that we'll have someone starting for us that isn't on the team right now.

Luke is a great fill-in, and could be one of the best #2s in the league...but come on people.

Perhaps Donovan McNabb in 2 years...

Ummmm, and what would be wrong with next year? Garcia backing up McNabb.... Winner!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 14, 2008, 09:47:21 PM

I don't care for McNabb, but Gruden liked him coming out of college. The Iggles drafted him on Gruden's advice.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 14, 2008, 10:49:24 PM

1) Bring in TWO good free agent recievers.

2) Bring in a good free agent center.

3) Draft whomever is the best QB available at #20 or 21 and groom him for the future while cutting Grads loose.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 14, 2008, 11:02:47 PM

I don't care for McNabb, but Gruden liked him coming out of college. The Iggles drafted him on Gruden's advice.

DTG,
why not McNabb...what about him do you not care for?

You must be accountable for your actions!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 14, 2008, 11:28:03 PM

DTG,
why not McNabb...what about him do you not care for?

His ability to make a boneheaded mistake at the most inopportune moment, ala Griese.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steps to fix offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools