Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Alan Branch? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #45 : November 27, 2006, 09:43:39 PM »

I'd say Calvin Johnson has a chance to fall, considering all of the teams above us have spent very high draft picks on recievers in the last few years. Oakland would draft Peterson, and Detroit and Arizona need lineman.

Calvin might if he wasn't probably the best overall talent in the draft. Nice catch though, that not only have all of them used 1st rounders on WRs, but top 3 picks. Except Oakland but the acquiring of Randy Moss was just as big if not bigger. I still think Oaklnad takes CJ, Arizona takes Thomas, and Detroit takes Quinn. Just don't know what order until the end of season.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #46 : November 28, 2006, 12:23:29 AM »

It's already been mentioned, but Branch is a JUNIOR, and this is his coming-out year.  So don't make a big deal about his lack of sacks.  Lamar Woodley had only 11 sacks in his first three years and another 11 this year, as a senior.  Guys get bigger, learn the game. 

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #47 : November 28, 2006, 08:56:54 AM »

Millen will be fired it looks like and MW looks likely as a cut next year so stranger things have happened.

It would really suck though that Marinelli would not be given another oppurtunity if a new GM is in Detroit.

Mike Williams plays 5 snaps a game, he may as well already be cut. They don't go WR in round 1 IMHO. They need some serious help at OL and DE. Marinelli will want to build up that defense. Marinelli has had one year, he will def be back.

Look at it like this just a crap shoot here...

1. Oakland- QB
2. Detroit- Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas
3. Arizona- They need OL help big time but they def would not go WR
4. Houston- They gotta go defense def no WR
5. Cleveland- They could go either way but they have Edwards and Winslow has come on so I don't think they go WR
6. Bucs- ??? Calvin Johnson could be here, do I want him, hell I don't know but if we couldn't get Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas I would not be upset one bit to grab Johnson. We needa bigtime WR. Galloway is tough but Clayton......

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #48 : November 28, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »

Oakland - QB?  Under Al Davis?  If he dies sure.  Other than that Al Davis would be all over CJ.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
« #49 : November 28, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »

Good god if we take a wide receiver anytime on the FIRST DAY I'm gonna puke.  Unfortunately Gruden's got a weakness for them like Michael Jackson for little boys...

It’s going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon they’ll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Alan Branch? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools