Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can our D do more than "break even" in games for us anymore? « previous next »
Page: 1

mark2001

Pro Bowler
: October 08, 2006, 05:27:45 PM

Now maybe with a rookie QB, we really can't count on the Offense to do many extraordinary things to win games.... especially with all the young guys on that side of the ball.

Special teams is currently a wash, making an occasional good play, and then missing a FG, getting a big penalty, and occasionally giving up a big play.

For years we have had the philosophy that if the Offense can put 17 points on the board and not make many mistakes, the D will place us in a position to win games consistantly.  Another 300+ yard game occured today...no defensive turnovers, some pressures but few if any sacks, and an inability to stop the run.   It is becoming increasingly obvious that the best we can hope out of the Defense is to occasionally make a significant stop but little more.   My question is "can our D do more than "break even" in games anymore?   If not, I guess the rebuild is in full swing.

And at that point, I guess all the draft talk hits full stride.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 05:29:54 PM

How about giving up Bushs TD on special teams.  Good thing we kept Cash and Mallard.  Good thing we sidelined Jazz.

Good thing for abysmal safety play.  Allen wiffed on a tackle big time, versus Deuce.

Thanks alot for not lifting weights, for not having any athletic skills.

The game made me sick, becuase the Deuce run, the Allen miss, the Bush TD.

Thanks Biasaccia.  I hate you.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 08, 2006, 05:30:39 PM

The glaring problem is how bad the lineman are getting manhandled.  That's not something that is easy to fix.

We'v got to abandon the small d-lineman philosophy of the Dungy/Kiffin school of defense.  The players these days are just too big.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can our D do more than "break even" in games for us anymore? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools