Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I thought we couldn't run after the 1st Quarter? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

klb55

Starter

#30 : January 14, 2008, 05:38:03 PM

Do you know if the QB goes to the line with two plays, 1 run and 1 pass?

Edit to include: in cases where either is possible......clearly on 3rd and long a pass play is called into the QB

graypilgrim

Starter

#31 : January 14, 2008, 07:19:08 PM

Gruden is here in 2008, regardless of extension.
Unless he dies in a fiery car crash. Keep your fingers crossed.

Whereas I firmly believe in everyone being able to express their opinion, this goes over the line. Comments like this are totally unnecessary as well as juvenile and immature. And since I have lost someone in a car crash, I find you and your comment repugnant and insulting.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#32 : January 14, 2008, 09:44:52 PM

wow what a scumbag you are abuccsfan.  im sure you dont honestly want that to happen but just to write that is absurd.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 14, 2008, 09:47:51 PM

wow what a scumbag you are abuccsfan.  im sure you dont honestly want that to happen but just to write that is absurd.

Are you absolutely sure?

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#34 : January 14, 2008, 09:51:51 PM

Are you absolutely sure?

no just giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's just an internet troll and not that cold hearted in real life.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 14, 2008, 11:05:55 PM

You might want to rethink that type of post Abuccs.
Really. Looks like someone is looking for some "Time Out" time with borna.

what happened to that wench?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : January 15, 2008, 01:10:09 AM

Wow... wanting Gruden to die?? Seriously? It is after all just football, damn I don't think Gruden is worth a damn at rebuilding a team, but shoot he deserves to live a long healthy life.

Lorax

Second String

#37 : January 15, 2008, 01:30:41 AM

Fire the coach and GM. Hire someone from CBS or Fox as GM. Hire June Jones as Head Coach. Draft six WRs in rounds 1-7. Trade our '09 first and second picks for QB of the Future Sorgi.

Would that make everyone happy?
June Jones just signed as the HC at SMU...sorry.

Perhaps he was listening to the Pet Yorkie this afternoon. I had the computer on to listen to Rome and was preoccupied doing something else, and had to listen to 20 minutes of the Yorkie, yip,yip,yipping about how loved Valaro as a coach, Gruden sucks, and Rick Stroud should be nominated for a Pulitzer. You don't know who I know. I can't tell you who I know, I can't tell you what I know, all I know is that none of you know nothing.

Still waiting for that show where you outline in detail who the Bucs should hire and fire.
You actually listen to Jim Rome? What a tool he is.

Gruden is here in 2008, regardless of extension.
Unless he dies in a fiery car crash. Keep your fingers crossed.
Wow, this is little too far out there!

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#38 : January 15, 2008, 03:14:52 AM

Wow... wanting Gruden to die?? Seriously? It is after all just football, damn I don't think Gruden is worth a damn at rebuilding a team, but shoot he deserves to live a long healthy life.

ghost, you are the only extreme gruden hater that i actually have some respect for.  of course i havent read all your posts and could change my mind if i did haha but for the most part you seem to be a normal human being.(thats a compliment i think)

clintro

Pro Bowler
#39 : January 15, 2008, 10:22:43 AM

Even if that is not the case, I'm sure that Jeff has the latitude to audible to a run or pass as the situation dictates

Jeff has a lot of latitude. Gruden has given that. There are times when Coach Gruden may insist that a particular play is the best for the situation, but Jeff has a great deal of autonomy, probably more than any other Gruden QB besides Gannon.

As a general rule, does he go to the line with two plays?  I thought that was the case.  If so, what percentage of the time is this the case in your opinion or based on your sources?

I would think in most cases he has more than 2 plays that he can change to at the line.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 15, 2008, 03:26:10 PM

hES GOT THE LATITUDE TO CHANGE THE PLAY FROM RUN TO PASS ON ALMOST EVERY DOWN.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 15, 2008, 03:39:59 PM

I thought Gruden called 3 plays that Garcia has the option to run with?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I thought we couldn't run after the 1st Quarter? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools