Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16

« #195 : November 26, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »

To end the debate:

Top 5 in passing yard -
1) Drew Brees 383
2) Jon Kitna (the exception...decent QB, but he throws a lot)404
3) Peyton Manning 359
4) Marc Bulger 364
5) Donovann McNabb 316

Bottom 5 (with over 250 attempts)
- Bruce Gradkowski (LAST) 259
- Mike Vick (we all know the reason why) 267
- Joey Harrington 284
- Mark Brunell 260
- JP Losman 262

I like the guys listed in the top 5 a little better.LOL

nice try, attempting to fraud everyone with your little '250 or more' thing .... the bold numbers are the attempts...here are the yards for those bottom 5.

Beastie

Rookie

« #196 : November 27, 2006, 10:22:36 AM »

Seriously whoever thinks that we shouldnt bring back Simms must be uninformed or something. Who wouldnt want to bring back a quarterback with 12 TD and 17 INT in his 19 games played. And what about the season he was having before getting injured cmon someone say 'MVP?"

I can sort of understand the criticism of Grads because he hasnt been playing too well but it's amazing how quickly people forget about that studly 1:7 TD/INT Ratio after the first two games.

Either start Grads or sign a FA but there is no reason why Simms should be our starting quarterback next season.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #197 : November 27, 2006, 10:26:17 AM »

Seriously whoever thinks that we shouldnt bring back Simms must be uninformed or something. Who wouldnt want to bring back a quarterback with 12 TD and 17 INT in his 19 games played. And what about the season he was having before getting injured cmon someone say 'MVP?"

I can sort of understand the criticism of Grads because he hasnt been playing too well but it's amazing how quickly people forget about that studly 1:7 TD/INT Ratio after the first two games.

Either start Grads or sign a FA but there is no reason why Simms should be our starting quarterback next season.

I totally agree....it is Grads, a FA or we go QB in round one.

Beastie

Rookie

« #198 : November 27, 2006, 10:32:03 AM »

I cant see us draft a QB round 1 unless Gruden is given another 3-4 years because well I would want my coach to pick his high draft pick. I would hate to see Gruden draft a QB round one then a new coach comes in after next season and have a quarterback that doesnt fit his system.

I say Fire Gruden and give the new coach the chance to re-build this team. The options are there and it probably should start with a Brady Quinn-ish signing in the first round. And with our cap space, draft picks, and young team we should have lots of interest.

Just no Chris Simms.

« #199 : November 27, 2006, 11:00:51 AM »

I want to see Simms resigned just so we can have a QB battle.  You gotta love two guys battling it out for a position.

When the battle is between two guys that have both had their own problems it is FAR from exciting.  Simms will implode again at some point down the road, that has always been his MO.  How many years to we invest on him before we say enough is enough?

I like Grads but if he doesn't sort his sh1t out in the next year I will kick him to the airport myself.

Its funny M~J~S how a board that said I was basically "out of my skull" for wantoing Simms back is turing into a pro Simms board after that performance Thursday. Simms knows this offense and if he works out his flaws could be back with a chip on his shoulder next year

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #200 : November 27, 2006, 11:04:29 AM »

I want to see Simms resigned just so we can have a QB battle.  You gotta love two guys battling it out for a position.

When the battle is between two guys that have both had their own problems it is FAR from exciting.  Simms will implode again at some point down the road, that has always been his MO.  How many years to we invest on him before we say enough is enough?

I like Grads but if he doesn't sort his sh1t out in the next year I will kick him to the airport myself.

Its funny M~J~S how a board that said I was basically "out of my skull" for wantoing Simms back is turing into a pro Simms board after that performance Thursday. Simms knows this offense and if he works out his flaws could be back with a chip on his shoulder next year

No, the same people that have always wanted Simms still want him back, and many still think you are out of your skull.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #201 : November 27, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »

Simms knows this offense

Insert the words "some of" in front of the word "this".

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #202 : November 27, 2006, 11:23:15 AM »

I cant see us draft a QB round 1 unless Gruden is given another 3-4 years because well I would want my coach to pick his high draft pick. I would hate to see Gruden draft a QB round one then a new coach comes in after next season and have a quarterback that doesnt fit his system.

I say Fire Gruden and give the new coach the chance to re-build this team. The options are there and it probably should start with a Brady Quinn-ish signing in the first round. And with our cap space, draft picks, and young team we should have lots of interest.

Just no Chris Simms.

Guys that go in the top 10 go there partly because they can fit any system.  They have it all.  Hell, Brady Quinn had a 60 yard run on Saturday.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #203 : November 27, 2006, 11:23:40 AM »

Simms is known as a slow starter (Barber has stated that publicly).  He had a terrible first 3 games last season.  He had a very poor start this season.  That was after being made the starter since the day Griese signed with Chicago.  He had a full offseason to learn the offense.  He had everything to prove and 10's of millions were his for the taking.

What did he do?  He came out with the deer in the headlights look.  He missed wide open receivers.  He made bad choices and threw 7 interceptions.  He didn't shake the batted ball problem despite the 7 foot mechanical arm at Disney.

I don't see any evidence that he will all of a sudden get better in Gruden's system after 5 years.  He could very well succeed in a wide open vertical system.  He better bulk up if he plays in such a system though because he will be sacked a bunch.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #204 : November 27, 2006, 11:28:41 AM »

Simms is known as a slow starter (Barber has stated that publicly). He had a terrible first 3 games last season. He had a very poor start this season. That was after being made the starter since the day Griese signed with Chicago. He had a full offseason to learn the offense. He had everything to prove and 10's of millions were his for the taking.

What did he do? He came out with the deer in the headlights look. He missed wide open receivers. He made bad choices and threw 7 interceptions. He didn't shake the batted ball problem despite the 7 foot mechanical arm at Disney.

I don't see any evidence that he will all of a sudden get better in Gruden's system after 5 years. He could very well succeed in a wide open vertical system. He better bulk up if he plays in such a system though because he will be sacked a bunch.

I agree.  I see nothing that says Simms isn't what he looked like at the beginning of the season.  Teams caught on to his slow delivery and adjusted.  Until he works that out he's finished in this offense. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #205 : November 27, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »

Guys that go in the top 10 go there partly because they can fit any system.  They have it all.  Hell, Brady Quinn had a 60 yard run on Saturday.

Quinn has hardly any rushing yards in college, 25, -4, 90 & 65 in four years, he is not a good fit for the WCO.  Quinn has also benefited from very competitive WRs that go up and find balls they have no right winning, plus he plays a very weak schedule. 

The only QB that will go in the top 50 that has consistently made plays with his feet is Troy Smith, but he is slightly undersized.   Basically Troy Smith is Grads with a deep ball, so he might be Gruden’s ideal QB.  He might also be available in the 2nd round.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

« #206 : November 27, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »

More and more I like the idea of Troy Smith with the first 2nd round pick. 

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #207 : November 27, 2006, 11:36:24 AM »

Guys that go in the top 10 go there partly because they can fit any system.  They have it all.  Hell, Brady Quinn had a 60 yard run on Saturday.

Quinn has hardly any rushing yards in college, 25, -4, 90 & 65 in four years, he is not a good fit for the WCO. Quinn has also benefited from very competitive WRs that go up and find balls they have no right winning, plus he plays a very weak schedule.

The only QB that will go in the top 50 that has consistently made plays with his feet is Troy Smith, but he is slightly undersized. Basically Troy Smith is Grads with a deep ball, so he might be Gruden’s ideal QB. He might also be available in the 2nd round.

That's because he rarely runs, but he has proven that he can.  And why is playing to your WR's strengths a bad thing?  If your guys are 6'4", you throw the ball high!  We have Clayton and Stovall.  If Quinn were here I'd expect him to do the same thing.  It just makes sense.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #208 : November 27, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »

I just want to get better, and if Gruden doesn’t think Grads is the answer then we have to start thinking about spending big $$ in FA or drafting a rookie.  We will not be competitive next year anyway, so may as well go through the growing pains of a rookie, although some of the goobers around here will want him benched after a couple of losses.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #209 : November 27, 2006, 11:38:22 AM »

It all depends on how tall he really is.  I think he's listed at 6'1".  If he's really that tall then there's no way he's going to be there in round 2.  I personally don't care how tall he is.  I think he'd be great in a Bucs uni.
  Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools