Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#210 : November 27, 2006, 11:39:43 AM

That's because he rarely runs, but he has proven that he can.  And why is playing to your WR's strengths a bad thing?  If your guys are 6'4", you throw the ball high!  We have Clayton and Stovall.  If Quinn were here I'd expect him to do the same thing.  It just makes sense.

Quinn floats balls up far too often for my liking.  He is lucky is has two very competitive tall WRs that know how to find the ball and make plays.  He is also blessed with facing some fairly weak team and the said same WRs are far more talented than the DBs they face.

Quinn will be a good NFL QN, but it will take a couple of years and it will probably not be in a WCO.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#211 : November 27, 2006, 11:42:56 AM

That's because he rarely runs, but he has proven that he can.  And why is playing to your WR's strengths a bad thing?  If your guys are 6'4", you throw the ball high!  We have Clayton and Stovall.  If Quinn were here I'd expect him to do the same thing.  It just makes sense.

Quinn floats balls up far too often for my liking.  He is lucky is has two very competitive tall WRs that know how to find the ball and make plays.  He is also blessed with facing some fairly weak team and the said same WRs are far more talented than the DBs they face.

Quinn will be a good NFL QN, but it will take a couple of years and it will probably not be in a WCO.

The floats are designed that way.  Again, it's just playing to the strengths of his receivers.  I've seen him throw plenty of lasers to Smardjisdhinsaf when he's running a horizontal route.  The kid has a great arm and doesn't float anything that he isn't intending to float.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#212 : November 27, 2006, 11:44:29 AM

Just compare the way Smith played against Michigan with the way Quinn did.  Same defense, same year.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#213 : November 27, 2006, 11:47:26 AM

Just compare the way Smith played against Michigan with the way Quinn did. Same defense, same year.

Bad things can happen on any given day.  I'm not going to judge a QB against another on the basis of one day.  However, I'd be ecstatic with either player.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#214 : November 27, 2006, 11:48:28 AM

Just compare the way Smith played against Michigan with the way Quinn did. Same defense, same year.

Bad things can happen on any given day.  I'm not going to judge a QB against another on the basis of one day.  However, I'd be ecstatic with either player.

Huh?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#215 : November 27, 2006, 11:52:11 AM

ND play a largely junk schedule, and when they do face a top ten team they usually lose.  I just wouldn’t be happy investing a top five pick and $50 million in a QB that is not a perfect fit for the WCO and will probably have a few problems adjusting to the NFL.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#216 : November 27, 2006, 12:09:18 PM

Bad things can happen on any given day. I'm not going to judge a QB against another on the basis of one day. However, I'd be ecstatic with either player.

Huh?

Huh what?  It makes perfect sense.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#217 : November 27, 2006, 12:30:30 PM

Well I guess if this is coming from Mortensen there is def some smoke and where there is smoke......

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#218 : November 27, 2006, 12:31:16 PM

Smith > Quinn.

It is so true that it makes baby kittens cry.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#219 : November 27, 2006, 12:33:29 PM

Smith > Quinn.

It is so true that it makes baby kittens cry.

I would do cartwheels for either one.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#220 : November 27, 2006, 02:46:19 PM

I want to see Simms resigned just so we can have a QB battle.  You gotta love two guys battling it out for a position.

That's what I want as well. A good battle between the two QB's. Both know the system.

LOL   ;D 

a QB battle between Simms and Gradkowksi is comparable to the Special Olympics.   :o

IanD15

Rookie

#221 : November 27, 2006, 02:43:03 PM

I want to see Simms resigned just so we can have a QB battle.  You gotta love two guys battling it out for a position.

That's what I want as well. A good battle between the two QB's. Both know the system.

IanD15

Rookie

#222 : November 27, 2006, 02:52:06 PM

LOL   ;D 

a QB battle between Simms and Gradkowksi is comparable to the Special Olympics.   :o

Ya well we gotta manage some how.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#223 : November 27, 2006, 03:05:11 PM

It would be nice if we could re-sign Simms and hang on to him until someones starter gets hurt in camp and get a draft pick for him.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#224 : November 27, 2006, 03:26:15 PM

While I don't agree with Pastabelli about Simms being one of the top FA's, clearly some desperate team will throw him a ridiculous offer.  The Bucs are not going to overspend to keep Simms around.  He had his chance and blew it.
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools