Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#45 : November 25, 2006, 10:01:28 PM

Simms need to play where he has a Fort Knox o-line.  He just doesn't fit in Tampa with Gruden's offense.  Too bad Gruden can't make a hybrid of Chris' arm strength with Bruce's smarts and intangibles.

It will all come down to $$.  Someone will throw Simms an overpriced offer and I don't think the Bucs should match it.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 25, 2006, 10:02:55 PM

If Grads falls by the wayside we move on.....Simms is not the answer.

I know a guy on the bucs.com board who would disagree with you.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 25, 2006, 10:05:18 PM

I know a guy on the bucs.com board who would disagree with you.

I guy that watched thru college told me what to expect from Simms the Monday after we drafted him, and everything he said has come true.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#48 : November 25, 2006, 10:13:09 PM

I don't see how the Bucs don't go out and get a vet QB to come in here, Simms resigning or not.

#49 : November 25, 2006, 10:14:07 PM

I don't see how the Bucs don't go out and get a vet QB to come in here, Simms resigning or not.
obvious answer : There really isn't a great market for one

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#50 : November 25, 2006, 10:15:19 PM

This team is in such a mess, it might be a good time to go QB in round one and start him next season.  We aren't going to be contenders for a couple of years so lets rebuild.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#51 : November 25, 2006, 10:25:05 PM

agree

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#52 : November 25, 2006, 10:26:26 PM

agree

Time to take the sunglasses off and find a raincoat.....the future is looking very bleak.   :o

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#53 : November 25, 2006, 10:27:03 PM

This team is in such a mess, it might be a good time to go QB in round one and start him next season.  We aren't going to be contenders for a couple of years so lets rebuild.

If the Bucs get that serious about rebuilding by spending a day 1 draft pick on a QB, I'd say that will answer everyone's questions about how much faith the Glazers have in Gruden.

I agree that it's time to completely rebuild, with FA and the draft, and to really look at some current positions on both sides of the ball that need to be upgrades, even if they have some youth on the depth chart (more of less the entire defense, but also WR).  But I can't see the FO going for that unless they believe they are safe for a few more years to do it.

While I can see both sides of the debate about getting rid of Gruden, I do believe that the owners should give some serious thought to their feelings on him: If they aren't confident in Gruden, they should make a change this offseason while they have all this cap space and draft picks and relatively young team.  If they still think Gruden can get it done if he just had more players, then he should get the chance to work with this cap space and drafts to rebuild the team.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 25, 2006, 10:52:57 PM

I think that most of us would agree that were better off if we re-sign Simms and let him and Grads battle it out for the starting QB next year.

ummmmm, actually......

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 25, 2006, 10:54:30 PM

I think that most of us would agree that were better off if we re-sign Simms and let him and Grads battle it out for the starting QB next year.

I think that would be awful....we need to move on.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#56 : November 25, 2006, 10:55:52 PM

I think that would be awful....we need to move on.

I disagree.  I rather see the Bucs re-sign Simms then bring in another Denver reject (Plummer).

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#57 : November 25, 2006, 10:56:27 PM

Let's just hope Bruce starts showing some improvement on his timing and accuracy in these last 5 games.  I really don't see the point in bringing Simms back because he just don't fit.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#58 : November 25, 2006, 10:58:49 PM

Let's just hope Bruce starts showing some improvement on his timing and accuracy in these last 5 games.  I really don't see the point in bringing Simms back because he just don't fit.

Accuracy overall is not an issue for Gradkowski in the last few games.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#59 : November 25, 2006, 11:04:56 PM

Ok if we don't bring simms back then what do we do? Go into next season with Grads, McCown and Rattay. I hope not, as bad as Simms was at the start of the season I would feel better about next season if we had Simms or another vet QB to compete with Grads.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools