Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 25, 2006, 08:58:35 PM

Gruden is a horrible talent evaluator.

So you're saying he wasted a sixth round pick?

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 25, 2006, 10:39:23 PM

I think that most of us would agree that were better off if we re-sign Simms and let him and Grads battle it out for the starting QB next year.

bucswin5540

Second String

#17 : November 25, 2006, 09:02:25 PM

No. I'm saying that Gruden thinks this kid has talent. The fact is Bruce has no talent and he shouldn't be starting on a team that went 11-5 last year.

#18 : November 25, 2006, 09:05:36 PM

Simms sucked this year too. However, he is a much better passer than Gradkowski. Gruden is a horrible talent evaluator.
right...he's awful....damn him and giving a 6th on Bruce, and our 5th and 7th picks rotating in on the DL, and our 1st and 2nd picks starting..DAMN HIM!!!!

If your are trying to compare Bruce to Romo, get real. Bruce is no where near the QB Romo is. Bruce is an supposed to be a professional QB. Gruden raves about Bruce's accuracy coming out of college. Where has that accuracy been in the pros? Our di**CENSORED**able Gruden led offense always produces 60% plus completion percentages. We always throw short of the sticks and hit Pitmann for a 2 to 3 yard gain. Bruce can't even muster 60% in this vanilla offense.
Romo was undrafted, you brought up Bruce's draft status so I played the reversal of roles to my advantage, Romo has also beein around for 4 years no? Kinda hard to be accurate if your receivers drop passes or don't go all out for the ball.
No. I'm saying that Gruden thinks this kid has talent. The fact is Bruce has no talent and he shouldn't be starting on a team that went 11-5 last year.
he has no talent? Right...Dan Marino, Unitas, Manning, Brady....this kid was more accurate than all of them....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 25, 2006, 09:06:14 PM

The fact is Bruce has no talent and he shouldn't be starting on a team that went 11-5 last year.

Really? You base that assertion on what information? Are you in the huddle?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 25, 2006, 09:08:26 PM

Well, if you don't know what Gruden sees in Gradkowski, I was assuming you've never seen a Gruden press conference or interview before.

Actually, I agree that Grads looks alot like Shaun King.   He's better than King, but plays very similarly.    Gruden used to rave about Edell Shepherd in his press conferences as well.   I don't think that means much.   These guys like Shepherd and Grads who jump out fast and look good at the start need to improve on their potential and progress to the next level.   So far I don't see Grads improving over what he was in the first game.   I hope that changes or he could end up like Edell and be cut in a couple of years.

bucswin5540

Second String

#21 : November 25, 2006, 09:09:23 PM

You are right when you state that Gradkowski was more accurate than all of those guys in college. Why can't he make those throws in the professional game? If he was so damn good in college, why did no one draft him until the 6th round?

#22 : November 25, 2006, 09:10:01 PM

You are right when you state that Gradkowski was more accurate than all of those guys in college. Why can't he make those throws in the professional game? If he was so damn good in college, why did no one draft him until the 6th round?
if Romo is so damn good why was he undrafted? Brady? Hasselbeck? That draft status argument is old and just pure BS.

bucswin5540

Second String

#23 : November 25, 2006, 09:12:25 PM

Brady, Hasselbeck, and Romo are good QB's. Bruce isn't in the same league as those guys.

#24 : November 25, 2006, 09:13:38 PM

Brady, Hasselbeck, and Romo are good QB's. Bruce isn't in the same league as those guys.
Bruce is a rookie....they are not

bucswin5540

Second String

#25 : November 25, 2006, 09:14:22 PM

Bruce is a rookie and a sorry one.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 25, 2006, 09:16:30 PM

Well, I'm in favor of whomever helps us win games. I'm fan of the Bucs first, then of individual Bucs players second.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 25, 2006, 09:20:57 PM

No he shouldn't be starting. Simms, Fiedler or McCown should be starting but Simms lost a body part, Fiedler never could get healthy and McCown got injured. But you want to rip Gruden for have bad talent evaluation for his 4th string 6th round pick QB.  Sorry bucswin but thats laughable. 

#28 : November 25, 2006, 09:24:33 PM

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 25, 2006, 09:28:55 PM

I'd like to see Simms resigned and let him and Grads battle for the starting job next year.   We are better off spending the cap money on defense and offense lineman.  If we can get some good pass protection and create some running lanes Caddy and Chris/Bruce can put some points on the board.   It would be nice to see Gruden try to develop the young offensive players that we have like Smith and Stovall and focus on drafting defense.  

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools