Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 25, 2006, 09:31:55 PM

Bruce is a rookie and a sorry one.

He is has better numbers than Lienart and Young.  He is playing like a rookie because HE IS A ROOKIE.

#31 : November 25, 2006, 09:33:15 PM

He is has better numbers than Lienart and Young. He is playing like a rookie because HE IS A ROOKIE.
MJS, you seriously should stick your chart into your sig (btw great job with it)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 25, 2006, 09:34:14 PM

Chris Simms, TB Nov. 25 - 6:37 pm et

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Chris Simms' stock within the Bucs organization is rising due to the struggles of Bruce Gradkowski.
Mortensen says Gradkowski's arm is showing wear and tear and Tampa will make a strong bid to re-sign Simms, who can be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. We suspect Simms would be given a chance to compete to start with Gradkowski side-by-side during 2007 training camp and may be the early favorite to secure the starting post.

Source: ESPN Insider

What a joke !!!  Everyone in Tampa has been saying they will make Simms some sort of offer, and Mort tries to make it some sort of scoop.  Simms's stock isn't rising and I doubt Gruden sees him has the starter next year.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 25, 2006, 09:34:48 PM

He is has better numbers than Lienart and Young. He is playing like a rookie because HE IS A ROOKIE.
MJS, you seriously should stick your chart into your sig (btw great job with it)

I will update it after all the QBs have played this week.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#34 : November 25, 2006, 09:36:55 PM

I want to see Simms resigned just so we can have a QB battle.  You gotta love two guys battling it out for a position.

#35 : November 25, 2006, 09:38:25 PM

I will update it after all the QBs have played this week.
nice

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 25, 2006, 09:40:39 PM

I want to see Simms resigned just so we can have a QB battle.  You gotta love two guys battling it out for a position.

When the battle is between two guys that have both had their own problems it is FAR from exciting.  Simms will implode again at some point down the road, that has always been his MO.  How many years to we invest on him before we say enough is enough?

I like Grads but if he doesn't sort his sh1t out in the next year I will kick him to the airport myself.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#37 : November 25, 2006, 09:44:00 PM

of all the free agents chris is probably the best. He did have a shaky start this year that might be attributle to the injuries on the O line and our total lack of a running attack. He did miss a couple of throws but we were in a position to win two of the games. Let them battle in training camp and  let the best man win

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 25, 2006, 09:47:54 PM

of all the free agents chris is probably the best. He did have a shaky start this year that might be attributle to the injuries on the O line and our total lack of a running attack. He did miss a couple of throws but we were in a position to win two of the games. Let them battle in training camp and  let the best man win

The problem is Simms isn't capable of being the QB Gruden wants him to be.  He is slow with his reads and has a long wind up, not good in a WCO.  Unless the O-line improves and Gruden changes his O philosophy, Simms will never be a good fit in Tampa.

BTW - If Simms does come back we have issues at RT as well IMO, Trueblood is not good enough to cover his blindside.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#39 : November 25, 2006, 09:48:33 PM

If Simms is smart he'll decline any offers and go elsewhere.    His horrible start this year soured a large part of the fan base and his relationship with Gruden obviously was tenuous.   He needs a new system with better WR's.   Until the Bucs upgrade outside no QB is going to shine here IMHO.  

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : November 25, 2006, 09:49:33 PM

If Simms is smart he'll decline any offers and go elsewhere.    His horrible start this year soured a large part of the fan base and his relationship with Gruden obviously was tenuous.   He needs a new system with better WR's.   Until the Bucs upgrade outside no QB is going to shine here IMHO.  

True !

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 25, 2006, 09:51:11 PM

Simms's stock isn't rising

I'm not so sure about that.    I was pretty sure Grads would be the starter next year and was happy with that before the Cowboys game.   When Grads was missing a wide open Galloway every other play, I was wishing we had Simms in there.    I do think Simms' stock has risen.   It has definitely risen in my eyes and I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden and a lot of Buc fans are feeling the same way.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 25, 2006, 09:55:44 PM

Simms's stock isn't rising

I'm not so sure about that.    I was pretty sure Grads would be the starter next year and was happy with that before the Cowboys game.   When Grads was missing a wide open Galloway every other play, I was wishing we had Simms in there.    I do think Simms' stock has risen.   It has definitely risen in my eyes and I wouldn't be surprised if Gruden and a lot of Buc fans are feeling the same way.

Stop be so damn reactionary, he is a rookie.  On the interception he had to throw the ball early because Trueblood got blown up and the DE was bearing down on him.  Gruden even said in the press conference he was hit as he released the ball.  On the pass to the endzone he was a fraction of a second late releasing the ball and the D player just tipped it.

Simms wasn't even seeing wide open receivers, so he didn't miss many.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 25, 2006, 09:57:18 PM

Agree that Simms just doesn't fit with what Gruden wants to do. One or the other has to adjust and adapt and if that can't happen, then it's better they part ways. Grads has certainly missed some passes he just has to hit as a pro, but the guy is a rookie QB with no O-line or rushing attack to lighten the load and a defense that puts him 14 points behind with barely a quarter gone in the game. Cut the guy some slack!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 25, 2006, 09:58:05 PM

If Grads falls by the wayside we move on.....Simms is not the answer.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools