Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young WR's « previous next »
Page: 1

scohad

Rookie

: November 25, 2006, 06:58:54 AM

I am ready for the young WR's in this offense to start the rest of the games.  Leave Galloway in but give him more rests and save that playmaker for next year.  He is clearly the only weapon (besides Cadillac) that we have.  Give Stovall and Warren a chance to play.  I'd even give Hilliard (but too old) the nod over Clayton.  Has anyone seen TE Smith this year?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 25, 2006, 07:36:15 AM

That's hard to say.   We're also concerned about developing Gradkowski.   It's pretty hard to develop a QB when there are no open receivers - ever.    Galloway's the only guy we have that's worth a damn.   Sure, let the other guys play.  But Galloway needs to be in there as well to help Grads out.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 25, 2006, 09:14:28 AM

i dont want to play the second and third string guys exclusively, but I agree that Stovall should get 15+ snaps a game the rest of the way.  what's the harm with working him into the rotation?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 25, 2006, 09:32:51 AM

i dont want to play the second and third string guys exclusively, but I agree that Stovall should get 15+ snaps a game the rest of the way. what's the harm with working him into the rotation?

There is none.  And if he can play STs (which he did), his back must be fine by now.

And Ike has pretty good hands, and no ability to seperate from the defender, so his YAC is about the same as Claytons.  It does not exist.  I would rather see two wideouts who can hang on to the ball (Joey has issues), than only one who can catch (JG, MC, IH...)  It wouldn't hurt Grads feelings to see his wideouts catch the ball more consistently either.  Clayton has rocks for paws, and for each drop, it has to reduce Grads faith in him...

#4 : November 25, 2006, 09:47:11 AM

What young WR's?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 25, 2006, 10:00:29 AM

If Stovall is healthy and playing special teams but not WR then I have to assume he hasn't done enough to earn those plays.  We are actively playing the younger guys and yet he still hasn't gotten on to the field.  It makes me wonder if he's any good.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 25, 2006, 11:31:42 AM

We need to get Stovall on the field to see what we've got.  So many people on this board are crying for a 1st round WR, when we have a day one guy on the bench.  We need to evaluate the talent we have before we start burning premium picks.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 25, 2006, 11:35:07 AM

I'd even give Hilliard (but too old) the nod over Clayton. 

Hilliard is 5 years younger than Joey.

#8 : November 25, 2006, 12:36:29 PM

I've seen Alex Smith...it's not like he's not our best TE

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 25, 2006, 08:59:18 PM

We need to get Stovall on the field to see what we've got.  So many people on this board are crying for a 1st round WR, when we have a day one guy on the bench.  We need to evaluate the talent we have before we start burning premium picks.

I agree.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young WR's « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools