Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW...Way to DISTORT the Facts - Pet Yorkie related « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 15, 2008, 04:51:56 PM

After Parcells backed out, the Glazers sent McKay to inquire about Gruden before they looked at other coaches. That's a fact.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#16 : January 15, 2008, 04:53:00 PM

wikipedia isnt exactly a worthy news source

exactly, any of us can re-write that make it sound completely true, and it not have any truth to it what-so-ever.

Pretty dang close to what did happen though

ryanleaf

Starter

#17 : January 15, 2008, 04:56:32 PM

After Parcells backed out, the Glazers sent McKay to inquire about Gruden before they looked at other coaches. That's a fact.

And isn't that when Davis asked for 4 1st, 4 2nd, 4 3rd and 4 4th round picks?

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 15, 2008, 04:56:56 PM

wikipedia isnt exactly a worthy news source

exactly, any of us can re-write that make it sound completely true, and it not have any truth to it what-so-ever.

You are right, not the best source but I was merely quoting because this correlated with my memory of how things happened. I stand humbly corrected and will walk yer plank if ye deems me guilty.

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 15, 2008, 05:00:00 PM

And isn't that when Davis asked for 4 1st, 4 2nd, 4 3rd and 4 4th round picks?

Don't recall the specifics, just that it was out of the question.

Bucfanut

Starter

#20 : January 15, 2008, 05:01:10 PM

I think it was the 2 1sts, 2 2nds, AND Warren Sapp, and the cash.

kevabuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 15, 2008, 05:01:59 PM

I thought that Davis initially wanted 2 first rounds, 2 second rounds and Warren Sapp. I read that somewhere..

\"The budget should be balanced; the treasury should be refilled; public debt should be reduced; and the arrogance of public officials should be controlled.\" -Cicero. 106-43 B.C.

ryanleaf

Starter

#22 : January 15, 2008, 05:04:27 PM

I remember it being a ridiculous amount of picks...maybe it was 4 1st's and 4 2nd's...whatever it was...it was insane.

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

Bucfanut

Starter

#23 : January 15, 2008, 05:06:08 PM

I've listened to Steve for a long time, so i can't completely bash the guy...a lot of times i've enjoyed his show, and other times (like recently) it's impossible to listen, so I turn him off. But it'd be funny if someone called in about how he claimed the Glazers wanted Ralph Friedgen over Gruden and turned it around, and said "The Glazers wanted Friedgen over Gruden, YO MAMA!!!" (just like Steve retorts whenever someone doesn't agree with his stance on Gruden)

ryanleaf

Starter

#24 : January 15, 2008, 05:11:09 PM

WOW...I can honestly say that opinion is one thing.  But, he is really just spitting out some revisionist history today.  Obviously there is nothing that they can do right now.  But, I would hope that someone would pull him aside and tell him that it is not policy of the station to purport facts when they are, in fact, wrong. 

Leaf

Bucfanut

Starter

#25 : January 15, 2008, 05:13:41 PM

WOW...I can honestly say that opinion is one thing. But, he is really just spitting out some revisionist history today. Obviously there is nothing that they can do right now. But, I would hope that someone would pull him aside and tell him that it is not policy of the station to purport facts when they are, in fact, wrong.

Leaf

Leaf, their policy is to do whatever it takes to get people to listen, so that ain't gonna happen.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 15, 2008, 05:15:12 PM

WOW...I can honestly say that opinion is one thing. But, he is really just spitting out some revisionist history today. Obviously there is nothing that they can do right now. But, I would hope that someone would pull him aside and tell him that it is not policy of the station to purport facts when they are, in fact, wrong.

Leaf

Why?  They haven't done this in the past.   Why would they start now?

It's all about ratings.  Unless he seriously offends someone (and I don't mean Jon Gruden), the station could care less.

That's why I think it's funny to hear how he doesn't hae an agenda.  Of course he does, to get listeners/callers, to get ratings, to sell advertisements.  Simple really.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 15, 2008, 05:15:44 PM

Leaf, their policy is to do whatever it takes to get people to listen, so that ain't gonna happen.

Exactly. Controversy drives ratings. People here hate the guy, but listen. Not me. I got my fill of this guy a long time ago. Maybe I got fed up quicker than most, because I not only heard him on the air but off as well. I don't care about his opinion, but his lies and complete disrespect for people that I cannot stomach.

ryanleaf

Starter

#28 : January 15, 2008, 05:22:06 PM

I have been listening to Steve for 10 years now.  I worked for Clear Channel not too long ago and had the misfortune of working with Steve on remotes.  All I can say is he's a d!ck!  Arrogan and pompous.  Never gracious or thankful for anything.

Now, there are times that I was working with Steve on a remote where Scott would be doing the show on Wednesday's.  All I can say is Scott is one of the nicest guys you will meet and he loves to talk Buccaneer football.  I have worked on the Michael Clayton show and Clayton is one of the nicest guys you will meet.  He actually remembers your name from week to week and exchanges pleasantries. 

I have also had TJ Reaves (sp?) fill in for Steve and he is very gracious, complimentary, etc. 

Steve just has this arrogance about him and all he does during breaks is get up so he can run out for another cigarette. 

Leaf

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 15, 2008, 05:34:35 PM

I have also had TJ Reaves (sp?) fill in for Steve

T. J. Rives.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW...Way to DISTORT the Facts - Pet Yorkie related « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools