Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW...Way to DISTORT the Facts - Pet Yorkie related « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cobraboy

Second String

#45 : January 15, 2008, 11:40:20 PM

Just shut him off. There isn't going to be any relevant Bucs news until free agency starts Feb 29th. He's offered nothing other than his opinion all season long, and never offered in his expert opinion what he would do to fix the Bucs. I no longer listen since the players shows are done, so simply turn him off. I think he's just angry that his player friends, Simeon Rice, Mike Alstott and Shelton Quarles are all no longer playing for the Bucs and he wishes to blame everything on Gruden. It's time to let go.

Perhaps Gruden isn't the longterm answer but to rail on a man day in and day out as he did all season, what does that achieve? Gruden has an all-time regular season record of 86-75 as a head coach and 5-4 in the playoffs. I've been critical of Gruden as well, you can read that on my blog, but really, whats out there this year as far as coaches? If you had told me in September, that at week 16 of the season, we'd have 14 players on IR and still win the division, I would have said you were crazy.

Did the Bucs underachieve? Maybe they overachieved. But they were what they were, division champions with the schedule they were given. I thought the Bucs would beat the Giants and move on to another game, but this team was never poised to win it all this year. I was encouraged to see development of some great young talent which will produce results in the future for the team.
Good post...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ryanleaf

Starter

#46 : January 16, 2008, 12:01:12 AM

No that wasn't me. I was in the car on the way to pick up my daughter when I heard it. I thought whoever it was did a poor representation for the other side of the argument though. Allowed Steve to get him in a stutter.

Go on the air and set him straight with facts, Leaf. I can't take even 2 minutes of the guy.

I will probably call tomorrow.  After I heard the other called get "stoned" by Duemig I tried to call in but, I kept getting a busy signal.  I will most likely call early 3-4p

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#47 : January 16, 2008, 12:11:10 AM

Its too bad Tampa doesn't have a guy like Soren Petro down there.. he blows away all of the other Kansas City sports talk people. Put him up against Doopig and Doopig is suddenly working overnights on some FM Muzac station.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 16, 2008, 12:20:02 AM

Ghost, I don't agree with you much, but that post is terrific.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#49 : January 16, 2008, 12:28:39 AM

I guess I just don't see how someone like him can have THAT time slot. People here sometimes moan about the radio guys, but they have never had to listen to either Ron & Ian or Doopig.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 16, 2008, 12:31:12 AM

I miss listening to the best local sports radio talent this market has had that I can recall: Todd Wright.

BigRTM

Starter

#51 : January 16, 2008, 12:58:42 AM

I miss listening to the best local sports radio talent this market has had that I can recall: Todd Wright.

Yeah, I miss having hosts like Todd Wright around (back in the ol' 910 days). Cat seemed to know just about everything, a walking sports encyclopedia (even regarding the most obscure things). I believe he does come on around midnight weekdays on 1010 (Think his show is called 'Todd Wright all night'). He is not quite as detailed as he used to be here but still good.

ryanleaf

Starter

#52 : January 16, 2008, 08:57:17 AM

Todd Wright was amazing!  He is what got me hooked on sports radio.  He does a national show for Sporting News Radio, but, its hard to get...so you may have to stream it. 

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW...Way to DISTORT the Facts - Pet Yorkie related « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools