Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blow Bush « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Garv

Hall of Famer
: October 08, 2006, 05:37:07 PM

I have NEVER heard announcers gush over a player like they did Bush today. Seriously, have you EVER heard one player's name and seen more highlights for a single player as today. I know the announcer was related to him but as I told my gal, he ought to have been blowing the kid on the sideline.
Irritating as HELL! [banghead]

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 05:38:57 PM

ummmm, are you forgetting the constant man-love that the entire media has for Michael Vick?

#2 : October 08, 2006, 05:39:45 PM

Baldinger was picking Vick's pubes out of his teeth, that was much worse IMO

Garv

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 08, 2006, 05:42:56 PM

True, but today was sickening too. So one sided they might as well have had #25 jerseys on.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 08, 2006, 06:17:44 PM

Collinsworth also is guilty of the Vick love

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 08, 2006, 06:19:02 PM

True, but today was sickening too. So one sided they might as well have had #25 jerseys on.

At least his cousin was the announcer "Pearson"

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 07:28:24 PM

Are you talking about two Playmakers?

Im sure if caddy was rushing like he did last year they would gush for him.

Orangegone1

Starter

#7 : October 08, 2006, 07:40:35 PM

Those 2 guys are not too bad IMO. The one guy is the cousin of Bush. Bush looks like he is playing at 75% and he still can make plays. So many of the announcers will not shut up-especially the knucklehead Baldinger

bucs8ball

Starter

#8 : October 08, 2006, 08:14:45 PM

The Bush love was over the top even before the punt return. Afterward, it was just too much! Reggie Bush is now on my hate list only behind Delhomme and Vick.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#9 : October 09, 2006, 03:32:02 PM

they probably did.....they also had bush whitey tighteys on too!

amadeov

Practice Squad

#10 : October 09, 2006, 05:58:32 PM

ummmm, are you forgetting the constant man-love that the entire media has for Michael Vick?

+1!  Thank you, that's exactly what I was going to post.  Honestly, the love that the media has for Michael/Mike Vick and Steve Smith well outpaces that for Bush.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 09, 2006, 06:07:41 PM

Uh...guys?

Bush beat us in the game last week.

It is rare that a #2 pick rookie will do that all by himself, but he did it.  He was well worth the pick, IMO.

He catches the ball, he provides a different look to the run game (spelling Deuce), and he can obviously return a punt.

He may be hype, which is unfair to him, but his game is for real.  Add up all his yards, and tell me he wasn't worth the pick?

Add them all up for the season.  He is for real.  You have got to be kidding me, hating on the kid who just beat the Bucs.

::)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 09, 2006, 06:11:08 PM

Reggie Bush:

132 Punt reurn yards for a TD
250 passing yards
170 rushing yards
1 fumble in all those touches.
That is over 550 yards of total offense, and for a backup and a rookie, that should squash all Gradkowski for ORoy arguments.

Not bad, and well worth the number 2 IMO.

He is versatile, and that is what he was supposed to be.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 09, 2006, 06:18:02 PM

He got a ton of yards....on 11 catches. Was there anything he did in his non-PR job that Pittman couldn't have done in the same situation? Don't think so. It is like they're forcing the ball into his hands to justify the pick.

"Forcing" the ball?

I just don't get it.  The man is talented.  He beat the Bucs.  By himself.

He has decent numbers coming off the bench.  In 5 games he has about 52 rushing attempts.  Not a great deal, IMO.  But just right.  IS that "Forcing" it? ::)

And he might be on eof the better receivers they have on the entire team.  And he is a running back/flanker.

When you draft a RB #2 overall, OF COURSE you give them the ball.  You don't just let him sit there and waste away.

Bush has done a good deal with the limited opportunities he has been given to see the ball.  Stop hating.  

And I hate Reggie Bush just as much as the rest of you do, so don't pin that label on me...I just saw him return a punt to beat the Bucs.  End of discussion.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 09, 2006, 06:26:07 PM

Oh dear god don't give me that total yards junk. He's a top 10 PR only on the basis of one return and PR yardage is bogus since everyone gets 7.0 ypr.

He averages 3 yp carry and 7.4 per reception. He's got all of 2 big plays in 88 touches. Pittman at least has 1 in 14 so his ratio is better.

"Junk?"

OMG, that is hillarious!  I guess total yards means nothing.  Sorry Tiki.  Sorry Ladainian.  You guys have "junk" numbers.

As far as Pittman goes, he has averaged over 4 yards per carry the last four years, and I was one of his defenders when you were giving him the kibosh.  Pittman is a quality backup RB, much like Bush is.  One of the things about Pittman that make him stick out IS his ability to catch, and to grab 4 yards a run.

Comparing a Reggie Bush who most of youthough would just flat out flop, to a relatively productive Mike Pittman is not so bad.

But let us look at his numbers at the end of the year, when he has around 2000 total yards to his name, and then lets give him the hate, shall we?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blow Bush « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools