Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doctors advise Quarles to retire « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: March 02, 2007, 09:59:22 AM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Shelton Quarles-LB- Buccaneers Mar. 2 - 9:56 am et

Shelton Quarles disclosed Thursday that doctors have advised him to retire because of concussion problems.

Quarles reportedly had six concussions during the 2005 season, in which he didn't miss a single game. If he retires, Barrett Ruud should take over in the middle for Tampa.
Source: St. Petersburg Times 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 02, 2007, 10:11:05 AM

Yesterday, I said if they discovered it was concussion type issues, he should go...

And I shall miss Q.  He should retire.  He has nothing left to prove, and if there is a ring of honor, he should be a part of it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 02, 2007, 10:11:27 AM

The NFL really needs to get a handle on concussions if he had six during one season and didn't sit out at all.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

FlexXVI

Second String
#3 : March 02, 2007, 11:13:18 AM

Concussions are terrible things to deal with when playing football . . . what a hard@ss. hope he doesn't have to retire, but if he does, he shall be missed.  One of our most consistent defenders.

#4 : March 02, 2007, 12:01:51 PM

Q is a gamer. He would be missed if he retired.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#5 : March 02, 2007, 12:03:21 PM

too bad for Q, great guy, great player

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : March 02, 2007, 12:06:35 PM

Since when did Quarles start listening to doctors?  If he did that he wouldn't have played half the time.    Quarles will need to find the doctor who fixed Humpty Dumpty if he wants to get healthy again.  

But right now he's not looking to get fixed. He knows he is done, but he wants to keep his bonus money. If he just up and retires he will have to pay back a prorated part of his bonus. I have no idea what that is.  If the doctor says he has to retire due to injury, then he will get to keep his money I believe.  With all his bumps and bruises he won't have any trouble finding doctors who will tell him that its time to call it quits.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 02, 2007, 12:11:19 PM

6 in one season? Oh dear lord Shelton quit now before your brain becomes Wilford Brimley's breakfast.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#8 : March 02, 2007, 12:12:13 PM

I thought he had hip problems as well.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 02, 2007, 01:51:48 PM

If Q makes the decision to retire, I'll miss him. He's been a great servant for this club, and set a wonderful example over the years. I am excited to see Barrett Ruud play though.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Doctors advise Quarles to retire « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools