Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confederate Flag « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 22

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

: January 20, 2008, 10:44:30 AM

Java - I thought the same exact thing when I saw that "girl".

Snook - You shoulda asked if anyone knew why that situation was a joke before you answered it. I know that I already knew that but I woulda been interested to see some responses...

It's amazing how little people know about the history of our country and when they debate it they think they know what they're talking about and, in reality, they are just rehashing b.s. I think a lot of it has to do with how they sugarcoat everything in school. They twist history around so much that it becomes nonsensical lol.

I never took an interest in history until my first year of college and my professor showed me they way my high school book portrayed historical events and then how they truly happened. Then I hit the library and learned more on my own than a school would ever teach me.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : January 20, 2008, 10:32:28 AM

Still prefer the American flag.

They really shouldn't let lady boys (transsexuals) wear american flag bikinis.   It just doesnt seem right.

Seriously, I was going to ask if one of your "girls" was sporting a "package" - appears so.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 20, 2008, 10:30:31 AM

Here it goes....   Here in Georgia, this was the state flag from 1956 to 2001:

Obviously, that flag drew criticism for those that said it stood for slavery, etc. 

So, the powers at be decided to "design" a new flag.  What they designed still makes me laugh to this day whenever I see it.

Here's the current Georgia flag:

Why does that make me laugh?  Some of you may know, others may not. 

Its funny simply because its IRONIC. 

- The ignorant rednecks wanted to keep the old flag - because it stood for the south.
- The African American community wanted the confederate flag out because its "racist".

This just illustrates the ignorance of BOTH sides to the history of this country and proves that people are pretty stupid.  Because in reality, the NEW flag is STILL a confederate flag. 

THIS is the first official flag of the confederacy - which flew for the first TWO years of the Civil War:

Look familiar?

Even as I type this, I chuckle at the stupidity of people.  The rednecks were upset with the new flag and the African-American community was happy with it.  But they shouldn't have been.  Because Georgia's state flag is STILL a Confederate flag. 

Idiots.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 19, 2008, 06:01:25 PM

What's your take on the Confederate Flag? What do you think when you see someone with the sticker on their truck or in a t-shirt?

I ask b/c I was watching Bill Maher and they had D.L. Hughley and Trace Adkins on there. D.L. Hughley was very adamant that the Confederate Flag is "code for racism" and if you have one it means you hate blacks and gays.

That got me thinking (besides the fact that gays had nothing to do with the Civil War so that's kind of a dumb statement) that in all my life I have been told not to judge blacks, hispanics or any other race based on the actions of people in that race....

Well shouldnt the same hold true to those minorities? Dont judge white people that have the Confederate Flag b/c some people in their race choose to identify that flag with racism. Yes it was the flag of the C.S.A. which was pro-slavery and yes groups like the KKK have used the flag as a symbol of their propaganda. But to a lot of whites it stands for their pride of being raised in the South or just be a "rebel".

So what do you think when you see it?

#4 : January 19, 2008, 06:20:26 PM

Ive never met anyone with a confederate flag that wasn't a racist

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 19, 2008, 06:31:12 PM

Krazy let me ask you something whats the difference bewteen the confederate flag and a nazi flag? They both represent two horrible things slavery and the holocaust. Most blacks find the confederate flag offensive for that reason it represents slavery. Now in Germany if you were to put up a nazi flag you would be arrested since it is a crime over there. The confederate flag represents something horrible not someone's hertiage. The flag should be banned like it is in Germany.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 20, 2008, 10:14:38 AM

The war's main basis was slavery, but Lincoln wasn't trying to outlaw it completely. He wanted to ban the new territories from allowing it, however, it would still be allowed in the current states.

EXACTLY.

People always say the Civil War was ALL about slavery.... like the north was SOOO against it.  If Lincoln and the Union were so against slavery, why was it abolished FOUR years after the war started?

One thing that is for sure about the confederate flag (and the confederacy) is that BOTH sides are ignorant about its history and "meaning".... I have a funny story to illustrate that ignorance.  Stay tuned.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 19, 2008, 06:40:44 PM

Never met someone who wasnt racist? i have a confederate flag license plate on the front of my jeep... not racist. Congrats on meeting your first.

And as far as outlawing it? you obviously have the same issue as D.L. Hughley. Like I said, you are classifying everyone that has one based on the actions of some. Nazis? Wow. I know a lot of people of different races... not one of them has ever said anything about my jeep. I guess I'll chalk it up to them being smarter than you.

That's no different then me thinking a black guy with baggy jeans is a gangbanger. This is what baffles me, that you dont even realize what you're doing. It's hypocritical.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 19, 2008, 06:45:22 PM

Freedom of Speech doesn't just mean freedom of the speech we all agree with.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it..." (Voltaire?).

When I see a confederate flag I think - "Redneck..."

Incomparable sig by Incognito

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 19, 2008, 06:46:33 PM

When I see a confederate flag I think - "Redneck..."

that's absolutely fine. but redneck doesnt mean racist. there IS a difference.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 19, 2008, 06:55:50 PM

Yes, that's right.

#11 : January 19, 2008, 06:57:01 PM

Never met someone who wasnt racist? i have a confederate flag license plate on the front of my jeep... not racist. Congrats on meeting your first.

Wow you really are the first. And Im not sold that you arent a racist yourself

Anyone who has pride in the **CENSORED** flag is either a blatant racist or real ignorant.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 19, 2008, 07:02:09 PM

What???

You don't even know the color of my skin? Get real man, read the constitution some time.

#13 : January 19, 2008, 07:09:30 PM

sorry I was responding to Krazy

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2008, 07:13:22 PM

Anyone who has pride in the **CENSORED** flag is either a blatant racist or real ignorant.

I would say that is blatant racism.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confederate Flag « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools