Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confederate Flag « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22

gatorgirl!

Starter

#15 : January 19, 2008, 07:23:02 PM

I am a proud GRITS. Girl Raised in the South. I am extremely proud of who I am, the family I came from, the parents who raised me, and the region I live. I am proud of the fact that I can hunt with the best of them, get my truck muddy and stuck faster than most of the boys, that I can pull cammo attire off and make it look HOT. I am proud that I'm not a sissy girl and I don't mind getting my hands dirty. I can hook my own bait and cast my own pole. I can drink beer out of a can.  I am proud that I am a southern girl. I am proud that my standards include southern gentlemen, the same ones who open doors for women of all ages, who respond yes sir and yes maam, and are the first to pledge their life to their country in the military. I am proud that I am an AMERICAN. I don't hyphen it. I'm not a southern american. I am a plain old 100% born and raised AMERICAN.

That is what the confederate flag represents to alot of us in the south. It's no different than Mexicans having their flag hanging from their rearview, or an African-American having the fist that represents black power. Don't judge me based on what some of the lesser educated white trash out there think. I am no racist. There is no difference between me and any black, brown, red, green, blue person out there. We are all Americans and we are all humans and we all deserve the exact same rights. This argument endlessly pisses me off because we're all grouped together based on a very small percentage of those "rednecks" who are racist. WE ARE NOT ALL THAT WAY.

All blacks are not criminals, All mexicans are not gardeners, All indians are not alcoholics, All asians are not kung fu fighters....All Southerners are not racist. I don't like a person based on their character and their actions, not the color of the skin.

If you believe I'm racist or ignorant....go look in the mirror. It's prejudice, racist, ignorant, and moronic to group us all together. I spend my life working in the social work system, a world full of both minorities and "whites." There is no difference in my eyes, they are no better or less of a person than me, no matter the color of their skin, their gender, their religion. Nothing.

We are all American. We are all human. We are all individuals.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. "

It's the CHARACTER of the person that counts. And not one "redneck" that I know or associate with is racist in the least. There are a few out there, but there are also regular ol white guys, with no confederate flag, that is racist. There are blacks racist against white. Mexicans racist against Asians. Racism is a perverse thought that permeates our entire society, on all levels of humanity.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 19, 2008, 07:31:11 PM

Anyone who has pride in the **CENSORED** flag is either a blatant racist or real ignorant.

I would say that is blatant racism.

DOH!

Maybe all that weed you been smokin Ronde is actually having an ill effect after all.

GREAT POST GATORGIRL.

#17 : January 19, 2008, 07:31:28 PM

All blacks are not criminals, All mexicans are not gardeners, All indians are not alcoholics, All asians are not kung fu fighters....All Southerners are not racist. I don't like a person based on their character and their actions, not the color of the skin.

great post gatorgirl, you sound like a great person.

However, why would I assume all blacks are criminals, all mexicans are gardeners, all indians are alcoholics (NICE!), all asians are kung fu fighters? Did the fight in a war with these aspects of their culture playing a large part in why they were at war? Hypothetically, if Mexico was in a civil war and half the nation thought they should all be gardeners and the other half thought they should have every right to do anything they want, and the gardeners lost and for 100 years kept waving their gardening flag. I would assume they were all gardeners.

#18 : January 19, 2008, 07:33:42 PM

blatant racism? Yes I am a white who hates whites we should hang all of us!

"**CENSORED**" has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, "**CENSORED**" is now used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia ("Florida **CENSORED**" or "Georgia **CENSORED**") to indicate that their family has lived there for many generations.

It IS the **CENSORED** flag.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 19, 2008, 07:34:57 PM

However, why would I assume all blacks are criminals, all mexicans are gardeners, all indians are alcoholics (NICE!), all asians are kung fu fighters? Did the fight in a war with these aspects of their culture playing a large part in why they were at war? Hypothetically, if Mexico was in a civil war and half the nation thought they should all be gardeners and the other half thought they should have every right to do anything they want, and the gardeners lost and for 100 years kept waving their gardening flag. I would assume they were all gardeners.

And so you have pointed out YOURSELF that you are ASSUMING people are racist because of the confederate flag...

You DO realize that's racism itself right?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 19, 2008, 07:36:27 PM

blatant racism? Yes I am a white who hates whites we should hang all of us!

"**CENSORED**" has also been used as a proud or jocular self-description. With the huge influx of new residents from the North, "**CENSORED**" is now used informally by some white residents of Florida and Georgia ("Florida **CENSORED**" or "Georgia **CENSORED**") to indicate that their family has lived there for many generations.

It IS the **CENSORED** flag.

"**CENSORED**", sometimes "white **CENSORED**", is a usually pejorative term for a white person, mainly used in the Southern United States.

A word is a term of derision, or a phrase is pejorative, if it implies contempt or disapproval. The adjective pejorative is synonymous with derogatory, derisive, and dyslogistic. When used as an adjective, pejorative has two meanings: (1) tending to make or become worse, and (2) tending to disparage or belittle.[1] When used as a noun, pejorative means "a belittling or disparaging word or expression".[2]

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 19, 2008, 07:38:59 PM

Burned twice in the same thread.

#22 : January 19, 2008, 07:40:53 PM

That is exactly how I meant it too, I just wanted to show you that cracke risnt a racist term by itself

Me being white calling a bunch of racist white people who wave a racist white person flag, **CENSORED**s, is not racist in any way. It is your ignorance that thinks that is racist

If I call a nazi who waves a nazi flag, a piece of white trash does that also make me racist?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 19, 2008, 07:42:37 PM

That is exactly how I meant it too, I just wanted to show you that cracke risnt a racist term by itself

Me being white calling a bunch of racist white people who wave a racist white person flag, **CENSORED**s, is not racist in any way. It is your ignorance that thinks that is racist

If I call a nazi who waves a nazi flag, a piece of white trash does that also make me racist?

wow... seriously, put the blunt down and go back to school.

assuming a person is racist because of the rebel flag is racist itself.

apparently common sense isnt so common huh?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 19, 2008, 07:45:02 PM

so the flag makes people racist?

hmmm... then what about the fact that Maryland and Delaware were both in the union and it was legal for slaves in both states? They never flew the confederate flag.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 19, 2008, 07:46:48 PM

Like I said Krazy black people find the confederate flag offensive because it represents slavery. How can you say it doesn't represent that?

#26 : January 19, 2008, 07:47:57 PM

wow... seriously, put the blunt down and go back to school.

assuming a person is racist because of the rebel flag is racist itself.

apparently common sense isnt so common huh?

The basis of the flag, and the war fought over it, was to further allow slavery and the hanging of black people.

You are right, common sense isnt so common. You racist redneck

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 20, 2008, 10:03:36 AM

Still prefer the American flag.

They really shouldn't let lady boys (transsexuals) wear american flag bikinis.   It just doesnt seem right.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 20, 2008, 09:49:44 AM

Kinda got what I expected out of this thread... those that normally have intelligent posts understood the real meaning of sporting the flag and that theres nothing wrong with it and it doesnt mean your racist for doin it

those that usually have moronic posts had just that.

and there aint nothin sexier than a blond GRITS in a rebel flag bikini.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 19, 2008, 07:51:51 PM

I know what you meant, I am just messing with you.   ;) 

Words can be taken out of context far too easily.  I think people get far too carried away with the word racism these days.   

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confederate Flag « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools