Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confederate Flag « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 20 21 22

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#315 : January 23, 2008, 08:50:47 PM

That is city pride, not the Northern part of the country, that is WAY different.  The Yankee symbol says New York pride, NOT North pride. 

can you elaborate on that?  and is the yankee symbol for NYC or NYstate?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#316 : January 23, 2008, 10:38:13 PM

Apparently you are not allowed to believe in something and have enough common sense to know that the world doesnt always see it the same way you do.

pot meet kettle

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#317 : January 23, 2008, 10:44:59 PM

The confederate flag represents NEITHER slavery/racism or southern heritage.

To YOU .... which, I think is the gist of this whole argument. If I'm understanding correctly, the flag does represent Southern heritage to Krazy and gatorgirl, with Southern heritage being a very positive thing to them. To others, the flag still represents Southern heritage but, to them, that heritage is wrapped around slavery and racism. As has been pointed out by some, this whole thing is based entirely on perception. You cannot tell Krazy what that flag represents to HIM ....

Snook

Hall of Famer
#318 : January 23, 2008, 11:33:45 PM

The confederate flag represents NEITHER slavery/racism or southern heritage.

To YOU .... which, I think is the gist of this whole argument. If I'm understanding correctly, the flag does represent Southern heritage to Krazy and gatorgirl, with Southern heritage being a very positive thing to them. To others, the flag still represents Southern heritage but, to them, that heritage is wrapped around slavery and racism. As has been pointed out by some, this whole thing is based entirely on perception. You cannot tell Krazy what that flag represents to HIM ....

No kidding that's what it means to ME.  Thanks for clearing that up. 

Snook

Hall of Famer
#319 : January 23, 2008, 11:44:54 PM

That is city pride, not the Northern part of the country, that is WAY different.  The Yankee symbol says New York pride, NOT North pride. 

can you elaborate on that?  and is the yankee symbol for NYC or NYstate?

Living in Florida, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard:

"________ is better up north."
"Up north, we __________."

Northerners do plenty of bragging about what goes on "up north".

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#320 : January 24, 2008, 12:10:08 AM

You just answered your (this) whole thread man.....................................
Apparently you are not allowed to believe in something and have enough common sense to know that the world doesnt always see it the same way you do.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#321 : January 24, 2008, 11:40:44 AM

You just answered your (this) whole thread man.....................................

This may be true when it comes to most things in life.  However, the attitude that most take today is argumentative at best.  If I say black, someone is bound to say white.  Two people can be looking at a pile of dung and one knowing what it is and the other says it's art?!  The flag is widely seen as a symbol of hate, and anyone who doesn't know this have their head in a hole.  I'm so sick of having to tip-toe around subjects for the sake of feelings.  It is what it is!  Common sense has nothing in the world to do with acknowledging that if we were to take a poll throughout the nation, most people, including the southerners, would tell you this flag represents hate.  Now for those who thinks it represents patriotism, sprinkle some pixie dust on your head and head off to the land of make believe.  Oh, and forgive me for speaking how I really feel on the subject!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#322 : January 24, 2008, 11:43:10 AM

^^^ drama queen ^^^^

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#323 : January 24, 2008, 11:49:49 AM

This may be true when it comes to most things in life. However, the attitude that most take today is argumentative at best. If I say black, someone is bound to say white. Two people can be looking at a pile of dung and one knowing what it is and the other says it's art?! The flag is widely seen as a symbol of hate, and anyone who doesn't know this have their head in a hole. I'm so sick of having to tip-toe around subjects for the sake of feelings. It is what it is! Common sense has nothing in the world to do with acknowledging that if we were to take a poll throughout the nation, most people, including the southerners, would tell you this flag represents hate. Now for those who thinks it represents patriotism, sprinkle some pixie dust on your head and head off to the land of make believe. Oh, and forgive me for speaking how I really feel on the subject!

QFT!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#324 : January 24, 2008, 11:50:21 AM

^^^ drama queen ^^^^

and some of your posts in this thread are not dramatic?

please...

Page: 1 ... 20 21 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confederate Flag « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools