Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Loss To Giants Not Looking So Bad Now, Eh? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#135 : January 24, 2008, 04:01:49 PM

By their win/loss record, divisional championships and the superbowl rings they wear.
How does Rich McKay measure up?

Do you not get news where you are?

He got a promotion - now he's much closer to the exit sign at the end of the hall.

Rich McKay's answer to building a team starts with; Marvin Lewis, Jim Mora, Jr, or Bobby Petrino?

How do yo think he's stacking up?
I think he stinks but by your standards his teams have made the playoffs 6 out of 11 years with 1 Super Bowl victory and 2 other trips to the conference championship game. He must be awesome.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#136 : January 25, 2008, 12:54:41 AM

I agree with you that Rich sucks - but if you'll notice, I did not list playoff apearances - but I did list divisional championships and Superbowl - Rich has one division championship with Bucs, one division championship with Atlanta. That's it. He left Tampa Bay in terrible cap space. He assisted in helping Atlanta achieve cap hell, too.

I could have added management of cap to my list, but Superbowl and divisional titles tell that story, so I kept it short

What's you're criteria?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Larry Brackins

Starter
#137 : January 25, 2008, 01:28:01 AM

Giants go on the road to beat Tampa Bay, Dallas and Green Bay. No more shame in losing to the Giants, Bucs fans. Like it or not, New York is a good team - only three points behind the undefeated Patriots in Week 17.
Who cares how good they are?

Yipee we lost to the NFC Champions in the playoffs. That makes me feel alot better. Not.

And for the record I had a Pats/Giants Super Bowl before the year.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#138 : January 25, 2008, 02:10:23 AM

SR did not ask if you were happy the Bucs lost - I believe the question wants you to think about perhaps the very STRONG possibility that the Giants won.

They were more powerful and much too underrated by the press and Buc fans.

They proved they could play with New England just before they played us - that loss to the prefect Pats did more than any other win this year. It motivated them the week before they played us. They never looked back.

The Bucs lost, but it was not due to poor game planning - we just had too few playmakers left to play the Giants.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#139 : January 25, 2008, 03:43:36 AM

Im not sure the Bucs at full strength had enough playmakers to win that game.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#140 : January 25, 2008, 01:08:47 PM

Possible - but chances are we would have scored a few more points (11?) and perhaps kept them off the field long enough to get a TEAM win.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs' Loss To Giants Not Looking So Bad Now, Eh? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools