Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow it really takes the sting out a playoff loss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 20, 2008, 11:03:54 PM

The loss did suck and it was a case of one team getting red hot and riding that all the way, versus another team who was flat and cold and not ready for the playoffs obviously.  :- 

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 20, 2008, 11:07:35 PM

I just never realized we had so many fans that thought we were Super Bowl contenders going into the playoffs -- so much so that Gruden should have been able to overcome playing a more talented team (which has clearly been shown at this point and what these threads are referring to), overcome the injuries and mistakes made on the field and coach us to a victory...

Bucfanut

Starter

#17 : January 20, 2008, 11:10:20 PM

I'm disappointed too...but i've moved on. Looking forward to free agency and the draft; we can't change the past. If Gruden and Allen aren't aggressive in free agency with all our cap space, I'll be disappointed all over again.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 20, 2008, 11:11:52 PM

I thought we had a shot at winning maybe one playoff game, but not much more than that.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 20, 2008, 11:20:54 PM

I thought we had a shot at winning maybe one playoff game, but not much more than that.

If we'd have won one, that would have been against the NFC Champion Giants - so if we'd have won that one, why not win the next 2 as well?   It would have been downhill from there.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 21, 2008, 12:02:31 AM

It makes it worse, IMO, because Gruden treated the players like little girls by resting them. Screw that next year, go into the playoffs with some mo, this is proof that his mind frame doens't mold the team into a battle tested one like the G-men.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 21, 2008, 12:05:11 AM

I don't see that rest was an issue at all.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 21, 2008, 12:07:29 AM

It's a mentality DTG, wether you want to think it or not. It's obvious that the team should play each and every game to pound the opposition. Sorry, Gruden laid an egg on this because the Giants should not have left Ray Jay with a win.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 21, 2008, 12:09:28 AM

The Giants are a better team. A Bucs win would have been an upset. Having time off never affected my mentality or effort when I lined up whatsoever.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 21, 2008, 12:10:17 AM

Blah, blah, blah. And you fail to point to the teams that rested their guys and won their game.
And you fail to note that we came out great against the Giants. Great D, multiple 3 and outs
and a TD to go up 7-0. Doesn't look like we came out flat at all.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 21, 2008, 12:11:40 AM

The Giants are a better team. A Bucs win would have been an upset. Having time off never affected my mentality or effort when I lined up whatsoever.

but it certainly helped the Giants this playoff season, no question. I hope Gruden becomes more aggressive in that respect next year. I'm tired of playing it safe. Players will respect you more if you don't back down.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 21, 2008, 12:12:37 AM

The two costly turnover and the impotency of the defense cost the Bucs the game, not any time off that was given certain players.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 21, 2008, 12:13:06 AM

Playing it safe? Like we did on 4th down in New Orleans? Is that what you're talking about?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 21, 2008, 12:16:01 AM

The Giants are a better team.
I've seen this excuse a lot.  Only after the game, of course.  Not a lot of folks were saying that before they beat us.

A Bucs win would have been an upset.
I thought Vegas had the Bucs as favorites?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 21, 2008, 12:20:35 AM

Playing it safe? Like we did on 4th down in New Orleans? Is that what you're talking about?

that was in week what, 14? Who cares, the proof is right in front of your eyes. You know I'm a homer, this isn't Ghost talking here. Gruden screwed the pooch, the players don't respect a coach that will lay down like a little girl. Holgren did it, got beat, DUngy did it, got beat.

THe bye week isn't the same because the team doens't have to play a game.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow it really takes the sting out a playoff loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools