Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow it really takes the sting out a playoff loss « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

#60 : January 21, 2008, 09:15:58 AM

DTG, I am aware you are a fan of Gruden, but in reality.. the offense only scored 7 points. I know... 7 points is ALOT to ask out of an NFL offense, but really.. all this pathetic offense could muster was 7 points. Now while this defense may not have been the best we have had down in Tampa, the offense just plain stunk in the playoff game. There is no way around it, even for Gruden apologists.

With all due resepct we did play the Giants defense...yes the Patriots, Packers, and Cowboys scored more than 7 against them but I dont see ANY a Marion Barber, TO, Brett Farve, Donald Driver, solid O-Line, Tony Romo on our sidelines

I understand your frustration...if I hated Gruden I would be frustrated also, however he is gonna be the coach here for many many many years to come and you might as well get over it

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#61 : January 21, 2008, 11:05:42 AM

DTG, I am aware you are a fan of Gruden, but in reality.. the offense only scored 7 points. I know... 7 points is ALOT to ask out of an NFL offense, but really.. all this pathetic offense could muster was 7 points. Now while this defense may not have been the best we have had down in Tampa, the offense just plain stunk in the playoff game. There is no way around it, even for Gruden apologists.

With all due resepct we did play the Giants defense...yes the Patriots, Packers, and Cowboys scored more than 7 against them but I dont see ANY a Marion Barber, TO, Brett Farve, Donald Driver, solid O-Line, Tony Romo on our sidelines

I understand your frustration...if I hated Gruden I would be frustrated also, however he is gonna be the coach here for many many many years to come and you might as well get over it
Nahh I am going to keep up the good fight. Tanard Jackson's injury was much more severe than the Galloway injury. The offense wasn't going to score any points at all. Either way, the offense wasted another season.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#62 : January 21, 2008, 11:13:04 AM

^^^Simple-Minded^^^

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#63 : January 21, 2008, 11:19:54 AM

^^^Simple-Minded^^^

How did I know you would be along....? Why don't you add why you think the offense was so effective all season, especially that touchdown area that Gruden is allergic to?

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#64 : January 21, 2008, 11:22:15 AM

The Giants are a better team.
I've seen this excuse a lot.  Only after the game, of course.  Not a lot of folks were saying that before they beat us.

A Bucs win would have been an upset.
I thought Vegas had the Bucs as favorites?

IIRC the Bucs were favored by 2 1/2 which basically is a pickem game or slightly leaning towards the Giants. Upset? I wouldn't call it an upset if the Bucs won.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#65 : January 21, 2008, 11:25:26 AM

I thought we had a shot at winning maybe one playoff game, but not much more than that.

If we'd have won one, that would have been against the NFC Champion Giants - so if we'd have won that one, why not win the next 2 as well?   It would have been downhill from there.

I doubt the Bucs would have been able to go on the road and win in Dallas and/or Green Bay.....particularly Green Bay.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#66 : January 21, 2008, 11:44:37 AM

How did I know you would be along....? Why don't you add why you think the offense was so effective all season, especially that touchdown area that Gruden is allergic to?

Because I don't think that...

The offense obviously needs work.  I have never said otherwise.  You, on the other hand, constantly regurgitate the same thing over and over and over.  It gets old.  Add something to the conversation instead of the same 'ole simple-minded drivel.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 21, 2008, 11:45:30 AM

Had we somehow gotten by the Giants we would have gotten crushed in the next round playing like we were playing towards the end.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#68 : January 21, 2008, 12:15:33 PM

Because I don't think that...

The offense obviously needs work. I have never said otherwise. You, on the other hand, constantly regurgitate the same thing over and over and over. It gets old. Add something to the conversation instead of the same 'ole simple-minded drivel.

I'll help him out:

Regurgitating the same thing over and over and over is like Gruden's offense...and you know what gets old? Gruden's offense...that's what gets old...

Voila...

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#69 : January 21, 2008, 12:26:07 PM

It makes me feel better of just how weak the NFC is, and how a game in 0* is truly a toss up, and it made me see that Eli has the personality of a wet sock and the brain of a slow child.

#70 : January 21, 2008, 02:56:22 PM

Not quite, but nice try.

You don't think our lack of O had sumthin to do with it?

We scored 14 points and we were intercepted in the end zone ...

We scored 7 points, had 160 total yds, and were behind by 17 when the Giants went into their prevent D and let us go down the field and pickup a garbage td.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow it really takes the sting out a playoff loss « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools