Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my first call to Duemig in 7 years « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

4bucs

Hall of Famer
: January 23, 2008, 09:05:33 AM

Had no idea there was a running commentary with our board and Duemig...turned on the radio and he was calling out to people on the board and lying as usual saying they don't screen calls....I  was banned from calling him because he found out I  was also calling Brantly .....and I  would never agree with him when I was on with him...hearing this I called in and said if you let anybody on and don't screen calls then how about me...to my amazement they let me on.
        While shooting holes in a lot of his lies I brought up the day after a great win...when he started the show off with an hour long tirade that Gruden set up Alstott to fail on purpose in that 2 point conversion against the Redskins...I said how could you be so negative to say something like that...his next statement left me speechless as Mike was one of my favorite players....he said Alstott felt he was setting him up to fail and told him that....so there you have it Duemig on the air yesterday throwing the Bucs biggest hero under the bus painting him as a coward either lying or if he was telling the truth makes you think what running back especially one who is your short yardage back wouldn't relish the challenge to win the game with a goal line 1 yd run.I didn't know what to say as Mike was always my hero....but true or false if Duemig was as big a friend to Mike as he says...you would never divulge something like that on the air just to win a point with a caller... Duemig with that statement sunk (if possible )even lower then ever in his back stabbing kind of talk show...to call this a sports radio show would be a lie.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 23, 2008, 09:58:49 AM

Well maybe Duepig will get a clue and grow up.

[banghead]

probably not....

ryanleaf

Starter

#2 : January 23, 2008, 10:03:15 AM

I heard your call and Ron (I think that was his name).  If you notice anything...he immediately tries to discredit the caller when he knows they are going to disagree with him due to Jerry screening the calls. 

The sad thing is that when he gets mad at a caller, the next caller, who usually will agree with him, pays for it.  He gets really huffy and is somewhat rude when people compliment him, etc. 

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 23, 2008, 10:56:24 AM

4Bucs, you know, you've only got 35 posts.  That was the biggest kick of all!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 23, 2008, 11:35:32 AM

mipwood,LOL,did you hear this guy ...hes asking me how many posters are there and how many subscribtions are there ...and saying stuff like Scotty should be glad hes on my show and then puts Scotty down and says he called him earlier and bawled him out for not ever giving the fishwraps props...yeah like they ever acknowledge PR ...WHAT A JOKE.....then when I say I  notice GB couldn't run the ball against the Giants either he asks me how many times did they run it....I  said not to many ...why run if there stacking the box ...did you herar the whole segment...did I come out alright...that guy should be called the spin doctor..always giving it a spin to try and get the edge.
            Think he thought I was one of the posters that was breaking his balls ...asked me what my call name was ...maybe he thought I was DAN TURKS GHOST ...what ever he posted really flipped him out...your my hero GHOST ...you really rattled his cage..kudos.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 23, 2008, 11:39:39 AM

mipwood,LOL,did you hear this guy ...hes asking me how many posters are there and how many subscribtions are there ...and saying stuff like Scotty should be glad hes on my show and then puts Scotty down and says he called him earlier and bawled him out for not ever giving the fishwraps props...yeah like they ever acknowledge PR ...WHAT A JOKE.....then when I say I notice GB couldn't run the ball against the Giants either he asks me how many times did they run it....I said not to many ...why run if there stacking the box ...did you herar the whole segment...did I come out alright...that guy should be called the spin doctor..always giving it a spin to try and get the edge.

Now it's all coming together...more like called SR and told him "Here's how today's show is going to go"...

fourd5dswb

Second String

#6 : January 23, 2008, 01:54:04 PM

In my personal opinion (something that Duemig never says), Steve Duemig should be removed from the radio. Yesterday when he said that all of his listeners that think they are something important, aren't, it made me want to go down there and kick his ass. He actually believes his own bull s**t. This guy says he has all these connections and this and that but he also says that he can't reveal the sources. He is a cry baby. Just a no talent hack that wishes he was an athelete.

I found this on line. Check it out. I am going to start researching this guy. I want him fired!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Duemig

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 23, 2008, 02:41:35 PM

In my personal opinion (something that Duemig never says), Steve Duemig should be removed from the radio. Yesterday when he said that all of his listeners that think they are something important, aren't, it made me want to go down there and kick his butt. He actually believes his own bull s**t. This guy says he has all these connections and this and that but he also says that he can't reveal the sources. He is a cry baby. Just a no talent hack that wishes he was an athelete.

I found this on line. Check it out. I am going to start researching this guy. I want him fired!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Duemig

Looks like a lot is deleted now from the wikipedia page.

ryanleaf

Starter

#8 : January 23, 2008, 02:45:40 PM

That's the problem with wiki...anyone can go in and edit.  SD probably did it himself or had Jerry do it for him. 

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#9 : January 23, 2008, 03:08:14 PM

I got a kick out of the Wikipedia sentence that said he was married to Alstott and knocked unconscious by Brantley.

ryanleaf

Starter

#10 : January 23, 2008, 03:24:03 PM

I got a kick out of the Wikipedia sentence that said he was married to Alstott and knocked unconscious by Brantley.

LMFAO!!!  I read the whole thing and didn't see that...probably edited before I got there. 

Leaf

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 23, 2008, 03:37:02 PM

LMFAO!!! I read the whole thing and didn't see that...probably edited before I got there.

Leaf

It's there now.

Somebody is obviously playing with Deumig since there was another line earlier today about him ranting and raving and with a link the St. Pete Times article posted here somewhere that has now been deleted.

He must have a full time employee assigned to monitoring his Wikipedia page...which I'm sure he started.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryanleaf

Starter

#12 : January 23, 2008, 03:50:28 PM

The first entry I read did not paint a pretty picture, but, it wasn't anything that was a lie.  The Alstott thing is there now...so someone is having some fun with the page. 

Leaf

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 23, 2008, 03:58:26 PM

Right now the entry contains these gems

Steve Duemig is an American blowhard

love the "supposedly" comment in this one.
Duemig is a former PGA Head Professional and also briefly played on the PGA Tour, supposedly.

and of course

Dumig was married to Tampa Bay Buccaneer fullback Mike Alstott from 1993-1995. In 1991 he was knocked unconscious with one punch by fellow broadcaster Scott Brantley in an on-air fight.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ABN

Starter
#14 : January 23, 2008, 04:10:39 PM

Dumig is like the political talk show hosts. They say outragious things to get listners riled up and calling in and that is why he will never be fired. When he starts that talk  I change stations as I would rather listen to that other dummy politico Schiidt on 970. They are two peas in a pod. I wish the PR staff would spend more time on the radio that is something I can listen to.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my first call to Duemig in 7 years « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools