Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my first call to Duemig in 7 years « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ryanleaf

Starter

#30 : January 23, 2008, 05:46:40 PM

If you click on the "history" tab it will show you the date/time of edits and the IP address of who is doing the editing.  I would be interested to find out who the owners of the IP addresses are...I wouldn't be shocked if one was eminating from somewhere within the Clear Channel complex.

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 23, 2008, 05:49:32 PM

DTG signed it. Good work DTG!

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Bucsgirl-DK

Second String

#32 : January 23, 2008, 05:59:09 PM

Nice find!  I guess you just did a GOOGLE image search?

Leaf

Actually no, when you do a google search, at the end of each entry that it finds for you there are three links, "cached", "similar sites" and "note this" (I'm translating from what it says in Danish, it might not be exactly those words in the american version, but the links should be there). If you click the link Cached you are not sent to the site the way it looks now but to an archived image of what the site looked like at some point when google scanned it. I really don't know much about the technicalities but it can be a neat tool at times.

Bucfanut

Starter

#33 : January 23, 2008, 06:16:20 PM

Look at what someone wrote when you click on the link to the Alstott story, in the comments section. This was hilarious!

Posted by ( mkurbo ) on January 9, 2008 at 9:44 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

There were so many requests for repost – sorry, I was away from the computer today – but thanks all !

BREAKING NEWS - BUCS WIN SUPER BOWL !
AP / BPNN February 2, 2009

Yesterday the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won Super Bowl XLIV by beating the San Diego Chargers 27-16. The victory capped a season where the Bucs went 11-5, won the NFC South title and had the NFL’s top rated defense. It was the Bucs fourth division title in seven years and second Super Bowl trophy. Jon Gruden now has six division titles and two Lombardi trophy’s in his still young career. In a ceremony at Raymond James stadium, bay area sports talk show host Steve “Mad-Dog” Deumig on WDAE 620 (whoops – that’s “Big-Dog”) ran out onto the field yelling that “it was Gruden’s fault and it will always be Gruden fault – fire them all !”. It was not an unexpected occurrence and he was quickly restrained and taken out to a special structure that had been built for the occasion at the fifty-yard line.

As he was taken out and strapped down in the guliteen device at center field, he continued to scream “they need to bring back Rice, Sapp, Booger, Quarles and Alstott and if the Chargers hadn’t upset the Pat’s in the AFC Championship the Bucs would have lost to the Pat’s – I guarantee it ! – I’m telling you Gruden’s wrong for the team and it’s a dirty trophy”.
At the release mechanism was former GM Rich McKay (who was out of work until offered the job) and just before letting the blade go Duemig was heard saying “Rich, I lied for you all those years, I told the fans you knew what you were doing in exchange for inside info – how can you do this to me !!!” and then the crowd cheered, the blade fell and there was finally silence ( thank god ! ).
Justin Pawlowski will take over the spot on WDAE 620 during the afternoons and the show will be renamed “Real Sports Talk”.

Disclaimer: The Bucs Positive News Network provides the above joke or “parody” for entertainment purposes only. It is a fictional story and no ill will is meant towards any parties named within the text. Jon Gruden did not approve this announcement.

tb_buc

Rookie

#34 : January 23, 2008, 06:31:35 PM

Pat, at least you dare to go where most won't. I refuse to call any of these shows and get on the air, you are toitally at their mercy, especially a douc... oh yeah, no names today, a Philly yankee like Duemig. I have heard you call many times to J.P. and although i don't care for his opinion, he will let you talk without belittling you like that pric.... damn caught myself again, like "The Duemig". keep it up buddy!

buc77

Practice Squad
#35 : January 23, 2008, 08:57:32 PM

Did Brantly realy punch Duemig? Is there video?
Can anyone explain why Duemig blamed the callers for the reasoning behind firing Scott Reynolds?

ryanleaf

Starter

#36 : January 23, 2008, 10:11:33 PM

Brantley punched him because he asked SD to act like he had some manners, SD said something to the effect of "what are you gonna do about it?"  And Brantley just punched him...there was dead air for a few seconds and the station went to commercial. 

At least that is what the story is...can anyone confirm.

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 23, 2008, 10:15:55 PM

I am not posting anything to the Wiki. If anyone here is doing it, then please leave my posts from this forum out of it, and certainly don't sign the submissions. Someone is trying to cause problems and I don't want any part of that.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 23, 2008, 10:30:19 PM

I am not posting anything to the Wiki. If anyone here is doing it, then please leave my posts from this forum out of it, and certainly don't sign the submissions. Someone is trying to cause problems and I don't want any part of that.

I would since DanTurksGhost is such a reliable contributor ask that who ever posted that Quote please remove it. Dan it is always a pleasure to read the threads that have  tidbits of wits and knowledge in them and to have them taken out by who ever is not the author of your post should feel ashamed and remorse...Take care and I seriously hope that it is removed...OBD

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 23, 2008, 10:32:36 PM

I know Scott Brantley a little bit(it's a long story)and he did tell me once that this did happen between him and Duemig, but he quickly changed the subject and said in his southern twang "so what's been going on with you man" cause he didn't wanna talk about it.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 23, 2008, 11:36:06 PM

It's gone DTG.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 24, 2008, 12:08:46 AM

There's no question there was an incident. I know this for absolute fact.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my first call to Duemig in 7 years « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools