Boards > The Red Board

ok A. Samuel needs to be signed

(1/4) > >>

rocko23:
Samuels sounds nice but really we need to get some guys upfornt to rush the QB with out a great pass rush i dont think it matters who is at corner.  we have to start on the D-line and then work our way back to the LB's and secondary.

Hit55Fan:
what a big game he just had.. BUMP TILL HE IS SIGNED!

rjgobucs1:
no doubt.....but boy Rex is awesome, isn't he?

gone:
He should be cheaper than Clements.  And June cheaper than Briggs.

SCLOBERNOCKER47:
So does that negate all the subpar games hes had?

cover2cp:
I was impressed with Briggs overall as well

Dominico:

--- Quote from: SCLOBERNOCKER47 on November 26, 2006, 07:59:38 PM ---So does that negate all the subpar games hes had?

--- End quote ---

I think he would do very well in the Tampa 2 system. In New England he gets left on an island sometimes, but he is very physical and is a sure tackler. Anyone remember the hit he put on Ricky Williams last year?

Boid Fink:
I was telling my GF that Asante is a hell of a CB, and would not mind seeing him in Tampa.  And then she reminded me of Clements and his Cover 2 experience and production. 

I still want Clements as a Buc, and CLements probably wants to sign with Tampa given their interest in him during the deadline.  Plus, he does not have to change defensively too much, can work under Kiffin (who is still a GOD but working with scraps of tissue), and one great game that Asante played doesn't make me a believer that he would be better in the long run.

bradentonian:

--- Quote from: Boid Fink on November 26, 2006, 08:27:25 PM ---I was telling my GF that Asante is a hell of a CB, and would not mind seeing him in Tampa. And then she reminded me of Clements and his Cover 2 experience and production.

I still want Clements as a Buc, and CLements probably wants to sign with Tampa given their interest in him during the deadline. Plus, he does not have to change defensively too much, can work under Kiffin (who is still a GOD but working with scraps of tissue), and one great game that Asante played doesn't make me a believer that he would be better in the long run.

--- End quote ---

These are all good points, but Clements will have a helluva price tag.  I think value-wise Samuel would be a better addition.  As long as we focus on the DL in the offseason, we won't need a premuim CB like Clements IMO.

Boid Fink:

--- Quote from: bradentonian on November 26, 2006, 08:36:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: Boid Fink on November 26, 2006, 08:27:25 PM ---I was telling my GF that Asante is a hell of a CB, and would not mind seeing him in Tampa. And then she reminded me of Clements and his Cover 2 experience and production.

I still want Clements as a Buc, and CLements probably wants to sign with Tampa given their interest in him during the deadline. Plus, he does not have to change defensively too much, can work under Kiffin (who is still a GOD but working with scraps of tissue), and one great game that Asante played doesn't make me a believer that he would be better in the long run.

--- End quote ---

These are all good points, but Clements will have a helluva price tag. I think value-wise Samuel would be a better addition. As long as we focus on the DL in the offseason, we won't need a premuim CB like Clements IMO.

--- End quote ---

Agree with the bargain shopping, and COMPLETELY agree with the D-line help.  I have a feeling that if the Bucs d-line is shored up, Barber and whoever will have good years because the defensive scheme played is conducive to it.  If help cannot be had at the D-line spots, then even a Clements, or a Neon Deion would not help much I fear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version