Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ok A. Samuel needs to be signed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rocko23

Hall of Famer
: November 27, 2006, 07:51:16 PM

Samuels sounds nice but really we need to get some guys upfornt to rush the QB with out a great pass rush i dont think it matters who is at corner.  we have to start on the D-line and then work our way back to the LB's and secondary.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 26, 2006, 07:25:19 PM

what a big game he just had.. BUMP TILL HE IS SIGNED!

#2 : November 26, 2006, 07:25:41 PM

no doubt.....but boy Rex is awesome, isn't he?

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 26, 2006, 07:56:36 PM

He should be cheaper than Clements.  And June cheaper than Briggs.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#4 : November 26, 2006, 07:59:38 PM

So does that negate all the subpar games hes had?

cover2cp

Rookie

#5 : November 26, 2006, 08:20:53 PM

I was impressed with Briggs overall as well

You couldn't hang if you were a poster

Dominico

Starter

#6 : November 26, 2006, 08:24:20 PM

So does that negate all the subpar games hes had?

I think he would do very well in the Tampa 2 system. In New England he gets left on an island sometimes, but he is very physical and is a sure tackler. Anyone remember the hit he put on Ricky Williams last year?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 26, 2006, 08:27:25 PM

I was telling my GF that Asante is a hell of a CB, and would not mind seeing him in Tampa.  And then she reminded me of Clements and his Cover 2 experience and production. 

I still want Clements as a Buc, and CLements probably wants to sign with Tampa given their interest in him during the deadline.  Plus, he does not have to change defensively too much, can work under Kiffin (who is still a GOD but working with scraps of tissue), and one great game that Asante played doesn't make me a believer that he would be better in the long run.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 26, 2006, 08:36:34 PM

I was telling my GF that Asante is a hell of a CB, and would not mind seeing him in Tampa. And then she reminded me of Clements and his Cover 2 experience and production.

I still want Clements as a Buc, and CLements probably wants to sign with Tampa given their interest in him during the deadline. Plus, he does not have to change defensively too much, can work under Kiffin (who is still a GOD but working with scraps of tissue), and one great game that Asante played doesn't make me a believer that he would be better in the long run.

These are all good points, but Clements will have a helluva price tag.  I think value-wise Samuel would be a better addition.  As long as we focus on the DL in the offseason, we won't need a premuim CB like Clements IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 26, 2006, 08:48:07 PM

I was telling my GF that Asante is a hell of a CB, and would not mind seeing him in Tampa. And then she reminded me of Clements and his Cover 2 experience and production.

I still want Clements as a Buc, and CLements probably wants to sign with Tampa given their interest in him during the deadline. Plus, he does not have to change defensively too much, can work under Kiffin (who is still a GOD but working with scraps of tissue), and one great game that Asante played doesn't make me a believer that he would be better in the long run.

These are all good points, but Clements will have a helluva price tag. I think value-wise Samuel would be a better addition. As long as we focus on the DL in the offseason, we won't need a premuim CB like Clements IMO.

Agree with the bargain shopping, and COMPLETELY agree with the D-line help.  I have a feeling that if the Bucs d-line is shored up, Barber and whoever will have good years because the defensive scheme played is conducive to it.  If help cannot be had at the D-line spots, then even a Clements, or a Neon Deion would not help much I fear.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 26, 2006, 08:50:13 PM

If the Bucs get a front four that can actually get to the quarterback quickly and without help, then Samuel wound't be bad as a DB. However, Clements is still the better CB, and should the line not get pressure on the QB, I'd like to know that the corner can still cover their guy with little help.

#11 : November 26, 2006, 08:55:28 PM

I'd dig having Nate

Chipper08

Second String
#12 : November 26, 2006, 09:04:40 PM

Give me Nate

SepeBucs

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 27, 2006, 04:16:54 AM

The answer is really quite simple.

Sign them both!

A secondary of Barber, Kelly, Samuels, Bolden and Clements! Move Barber and Bolden to safetys, the loser of the other three is the nickle back. Expensive, yes. BUT, not for long. Kelly is banged up and may not be here much longer either way. Barber, well he said he still wants to play, but how many years? So, they depart and leave us with Smauels and Clements as the duo for a few years. The added part is the new guys get assistance from Barber, Kelly and Bolden. 

Which response do we get this time? Butthurt? Needs medical treatment? Or the all time favorite, \"Drama Queen\"

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 27, 2006, 05:37:59 AM

Forget cheaper Id want briggs before June
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ok A. Samuel needs to be signed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools