Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ok A. Samuel needs to be signed « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 27, 2006, 07:49:55 AM

We gotta get pressure first.  I hope they get a top notch tackle or DE...if not I don't care what kind of coverage we have the defense will still be inept...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

coopsxx

Starter
#16 : November 27, 2006, 11:07:38 AM

I think Samuel might be the best CB in the league to be honest, if he is available I would be surprised.

#17 : November 27, 2006, 12:50:20 PM

Samuel is good and wouldn't mind seeing him in the Pewter and Red but I still want Clements. We can address our D-line needs in FA as well but with Clements we can get some "coverage sacks".

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 27, 2006, 12:54:27 PM

I think briggs gets a little to much credit.. he is playing next to the best linebacker in the game..

june is the best linebacker on his team.

#19 : November 27, 2006, 12:59:15 PM

I think briggs gets a little to much credit.. he is playing next to the best linebacker in the game..

june is the best linebacker on his team.

First off, June is playing next to shlt so he better look good for the talent he has. Secondly, Urlacher isn't the best LB in the league, he is the most overrated however. If Briggs is looking so good because he's playing with Urlacher then Quarles should be the second coming of Mike Singletary playing with D. Brooks.

TDTB

Second String

#20 : November 27, 2006, 01:01:09 PM

I'd be happy with either Clements or Samuels, but we could probably get teh latter for cheaper.

With our cap room though we should go after who we think is the better player.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 27, 2006, 01:03:07 PM

I agree with taking both..

Cut or trade kelly.. move barber to safety.. honestly that sounds nice with barber at safety.. Bolden at the nickle is good.. bolden has been pretty solid this year when he plays nick.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 27, 2006, 01:04:03 PM

I'd be happy with either Clements or Samuels, but we could probably get teh latter for cheaper.

Gotta balance the bucks. There will be quite a few teams with a lot of money to spend, so you have to approach it carefully and not way overpay.

TDTB

Second String

#23 : November 27, 2006, 01:13:00 PM

Gotta balance the bucks. There will be quite a few teams with a lot of money to spend, so you have to approach it carefully and not way overpay.
Yeah, and I suppose with all the money we jsut gave Barber we have to spread it our amongst the posistions.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 27, 2006, 04:32:43 PM

Got to go with Chev on this one.  Have to draft a D-tackle first, an O-line second, and maybe another D-tack with the third pick.  Then signing guys like Clements, or Briggs makes sense.  The line guys will make more of an immediate impact/production because their assignments are more up-front, simplistic.  And the D-line is so vital to ensuring that the Cover 2 can be effective, that having Clements, June, Briggs, and/or next star d-back, that they would all suffer hanging in zones too long.  Granted their skill sets are greater than what the Bucs DB's are working with now, but they would still be "ineffective" by our standards.  The pressure has to come on the QB first.  Ronde was never a speed burner, and from what I can see, he really isn't losing a step, nor is he injury prone (knock wood).  The Bucs need one more CB signed, maybe resign Kelly to short term deal, and nab a safety in the draft, or sign a cheap one in FA.  Even the bargain basement safety is bound to be better than Jermaine Phillips, who plays like a headless chicken with rabies.

#25 : November 27, 2006, 07:47:11 PM

I doubt New England will let Samuel go. Although, stranger things have happened (i.e. Deion Branch)

Orangegone1

Starter

#26 : November 27, 2006, 07:45:06 PM

New England has be notorious for not giving out big money to players. Ty Law left, 3 good receivers were not given bigger contracts. Vinatieri wasn't given the money. With their secondary situation, I can't believe they would let Samuel go. They have had to play a receiver at CB the last 2 years. I will be interesting but how can you let a good player walk especially at a position they have been thin at.

TDTB

Second String

#27 : November 27, 2006, 09:36:19 PM

Samuels sounds nice but really we need to get some guys upfornt to rush the QB with out a great pass rush i dont think it matters who is at corner.  we have to start on the D-line and then work our way back to the LB's and secondary.
Most are assuming we will pick up some Line help in the draft, but there are some decent ends in the FA market as well I think.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 27, 2006, 09:39:55 PM

I doubt New England will let Samuel go. Although, stranger things have happened (i.e. Deion Branch)

They seem to be able to always just plug someone in!

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#29 : November 27, 2006, 09:47:25 PM

Samuels sounds nice but really we need to get some guys upfornt to rush the QB with out a great pass rush i dont think it matters who is at corner.  we have to start on the D-line and then work our way back to the LB's and secondary.

I'd rather build the front 4 through the draft and the back 7 through FA. Except maybe safety, thats a good class. Grab Adams/Branch in the 1st and someone who isn't Marcus Thomas/BADE in the 2nd.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ok A. Samuel needs to be signed « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools