Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #120 : November 27, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »

Here, how about this arguement...

30th in the NFL on total offense

31st in scoring

29th passing offense (don't forget every single team we play puts 8-9 men in the box to stop the run)

Yeah Grads is doing wonders! He is better than leinart, young, montana, whoever individually, what about the team??? How about scoring TD's. Grads has 2 miracle wins or we would have uno in the win column. I cannot understand the pledge of loyalty to a 6th round QB with little upside, its astonishing....

Baghead #2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #121 : November 27, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »

31st in scoring

29th passing offense (don't forget every single team we play puts 8-9 men in the box to stop the run)

Yeah Grads is doing wonders! He is better than leinart, young, montana, whoever individually, what about the team??? How about scoring TD's. Grads has 2 miracle wins or we would have uno in the win column. I cannot understand the pledge of loyalty to a 6th round QB with little upside, its astonishing....

I have said it a thousand times that is misleading but you keep trotting that out there. 

And if a team puts 8-9 men in the box how was Carnell able to generate so many yards early on against a Cowboys defense that had a top ten rushing defense?

It looks like to me you did not watch the game......

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #122 : November 27, 2006, 01:03:30 PM »

31st in scoring

I have said it a thousand times that is misleading but you keep trotting that out there.

And if a team puts 8-9 men in the box how was Carnell able to generate so many yards early on against a Cowboys defense that had a top ten rushing defense?

Because Carnell is really good.

« #123 : November 27, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »

A 29.9 passer rating is brilliant!
I thought stats were for losers.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #124 : November 27, 2006, 01:07:15 PM »

31st in scoring

Because Carnell is really good.

To an extent but the o-line has to be given credit as well.  And Gradkowski did complete a thrown downfield to Galloway which forced the Cowboys to respect.  The one in the end zone Anthony Henry (Go Bulls) made a great play with his fingertips.  A few more inches and it would have been six to Galloway but it wasn't.  A few inches can be improved upon when it comes to accuracy with the deep ball.  Just my two cents.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #125 : November 27, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »

31st in scoring

HAHA, yeah misleading and the other numbers some of these people throw out there represent the truth.

ADW, how many times has Caddy had any room to run against anyone this year, period? Great, he popped 2 runs, wow and his best his 3rd best game of the season! He has been cutoff all year because Grads can't throw with any consistency.

I just showed you the numbers, that is the truth, you just would rather not believe that for whatever reason.

Baghead #2

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

« #126 : November 27, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »

Assuming Gruden stays for 2007, then QB is going to be a priority going into the offseason.  Gruden's offense is a QB first offense, and there were just too many inaccurate throws by Grads to make anyone assume that he is the next Gannon. 

He may be, but that is really assuming a lot, and I can't imagine Gruden goes into 2007 (likely his last chance) with that kind of question mark.  Gruden says he likes Grads, but he really liked Griese too, enough to sell his house, or some other Gruden nonsense.  He will turn on Grads, just like he has turned on his other QB's. 

The defense is in total rebuilding mode, so the quickest way for any improvement in 2007 would be on offense, specifically in making the passing game more effective.  In fairness to Gruden, there were indeed wide open receivers all season long, and we either didn't read then or missed them on poor throws.  Better execution on those pass plays will instantly make the offense better.   

Plummer isn't that guy, and I can't imagine Favre coming down to a 4-12 mess either.  Quinn will be Gruden's guy.  He wont pass up a potential star QB.

I am not bashing Grads.  He has done more than most 6th round picks, and he is playing in a terrible offense.  But the poor throws are really tough to ignore.  Poor reads, sure, poor throws, no.  I like him as a back up, but there is no way Gruden goes into 2007 with him as the starter. 

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #127 : November 27, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »

Comparing Gradkowski to Leinart and Young is interesting however Leinart and Young have a big upside where as Gradkowski does not. Leinart and Young have big league arms where they can actually throw downfield, Gradkowski has no arm to speak of. His accuracy is as high as it is because of the west coast offense and the dink and dunk five yard passes. Just look at his average yardage per game, with the exception of one game I don't think he has thrown for more then 200 yards. Gradkowski aint gonna make it guys, I'd be surprised if Gruden goes into next year with this guy at the helm. Grudens ass will be on the line and I would be shocked if he stays with this guy.

1) Matt Lienhart doesn't have a stronger arm than Grad. Lienhart has no arm period. Lienhart's biggest critique is his lack of arm strength
2) So lemme get this straight - you negate his accuracy saying "its the WCO". But then you villify him for not putting up major yards - even though the same logic applies. WCO QB's have high accuracy percentage (which you think doesn't matter) and and less yards (which you jump all over him for).
3) Matt Liehnart runs the WCO in Arizona. He just has much better receivers
4) This post makes no sense.

??? Do what ???

Ok 1st of all a team that uses 3 wr sets like the Cardinals do, its not a WC offense. 2nd, Leinarts arm is weak but it is much more accurate and stronger than Grads. BTW Leinart threw for more yards yesterday than Gradkowski has this month...

Are you frickin serious dude? Did you just say that a a team using 3 WR's doesn't use a WCO?

Can I like highlight this and underline this, because its ridiculous. If you watched a single Bucs game from 2002-2004 - you would see Gruden's favorite formation, which is Trips bunch. Take a guess as to how many receivers are in that formation.

Second of all - Matt Lienhart has better mechanics with the deep ball. He does NOT have a stronger arm. The guy had very little arm strength.

31st in scoring

If you're going to talk about numbers - why not mention Vince Young's 45% completion percentage? If you're going to talk about upside, why not mention that Matt Lienhart probably has the least upside of any QB coming out of college? The kid is already so NFL trained its ridiculous. He makes some good plays - but there's nothing in his game that says "wow - when he starts to do that, he will be God." And by the way, Gradkowski does look better than Steve YOung did in his rookie season, and Montana never played in his rookie year.

So again I ask - you have no reasonable basis for your hatred of Gradkowski other than some numbers that are easier to disprove than OJ's innocent plea (yet you keep mentioning them). So why do you hate this kid?

« #128 : November 27, 2006, 05:26:45 PM »

not when they are benefitual to her argument...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #129 : November 27, 2006, 09:18:43 PM »

Newsflash--We are losers!!!

« #130 : November 27, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »

why must you always bring my culture into this?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #131 : November 27, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »

why must you always bring my culture into this?
  I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we don't know what your culture is! :o

« #132 : November 27, 2006, 09:58:55 PM »

El puerco americano típico

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #133 : November 27, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »

El puerco americano típico
*oink, oink*

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #134 : November 28, 2006, 08:44:06 AM »

Comparing Gradkowski to Leinart and Young is interesting however Leinart and Young have a big upside where as Gradkowski does not. Leinart and Young have big league arms where they can actually throw downfield, Gradkowski has no arm to speak of. His accuracy is as high as it is because of the west coast offense and the dink and dunk five yard passes. Just look at his average yardage per game, with the exception of one game I don't think he has thrown for more then 200 yards. Gradkowski aint gonna make it guys, I'd be surprised if Gruden goes into next year with this guy at the helm. Grudens ass will be on the line and I would be shocked if he stays with this guy.

1) Matt Lienhart doesn't have a stronger arm than Grad. Lienhart has no arm period. Lienhart's biggest critique is his lack of arm strength
2) So lemme get this straight - you negate his accuracy saying "its the WCO". But then you villify him for not putting up major yards - even though the same logic applies. WCO QB's have high accuracy percentage (which you think doesn't matter) and and less yards (which you jump all over him for).
3) Matt Liehnart runs the WCO in Arizona. He just has much better receivers
4) This post makes no sense.

??? Do what ???

Ok 1st of all a team that uses 3 wr sets like the Cardinals do, its not a WC offense. 2nd, Leinarts arm is weak but it is much more accurate and stronger than Grads. BTW Leinart threw for more yards yesterday than Gradkowski has this month...

Are you frickin serious dude? Did you just say that a a team using 3 WR's doesn't use a WCO?

Can I like highlight this and underline this, because its ridiculous. If you watched a single Bucs game from 2002-2004 - you would see Gruden's favorite formation, which is Trips bunch. Take a guess as to how many receivers are in that formation.

Second of all - Matt Lienhart has better mechanics with the deep ball. He does NOT have a stronger arm. The guy had very little arm strength.

31st in scoring

If you're going to talk about numbers - why not mention Vince Young's 45% completion percentage? If you're going to talk about upside, why not mention that Matt Lienhart probably has the least upside of any QB coming out of college? The kid is already so NFL trained its ridiculous. He makes some good plays - but there's nothing in his game that says "wow - when he starts to do that, he will be God." And by the way, Gradkowski does look better than Steve YOung did in his rookie season, and Montana never played in his rookie year.

So again I ask - you have no reasonable basis for your hatred of Gradkowski other than some numbers that are easier to disprove than OJ's innocent plea (yet you keep mentioning them). So why do you hate this kid?

BK, hey buddy, dennis green ain't west coast. Maybe on madden but when you spread the field and throw down the field and run singleback sets, that is not west coast offense....

Baghead #2
  Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools