Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#45 : November 26, 2006, 08:40:19 PM

Boid, you speak the truth. Are you the only one here that understands what I'm saying? He's not the LEAST bit exciting. I NEVER think "he's gonna bring us back & win this game."
to be honest, and I swear I'm not lying here....Bruce gets me excited to watch the games, Chris was only exciting for the long ball....that's it...Bruce has his feet and the pass, not to mention he gets me excited by getting excited himself. Plus in 10 games = 2 comeback victories

I agree with this one....when Bruce gets ramped up you never know whats gonna happen, and it makes for an edge of your seat type of game

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#46 : November 26, 2006, 08:41:12 PM

yes because throwing for 400 yards = success, in that same game Brad got 280...who won?

I mentioned that he lost, so don't pin that on me bro.  But Leinart has the skills to bring 400 to the table...and there will be games in his future in which he throws for 350 with four TDs, and wins.  And they barely beat a horrible Cards team.

Call it what you want, but Leinart is a better QB no matter what his TD:INT ratio comps with Grads.  Please dude.  
...right..the fact remains he has 3 first round (top 15) WRs on the team.
It is what it is.  I am not blatting over the talent differential here.  I am telling you that Grads just seems to lack the it factor.  Tell you what, if GRads was running the Cardinals offense, would it be better or worse?

I THOUGHT so.
what the hell type of logic is that? During our SB year if Johnson were the Raiders QB would they be better or worse?
I am talking about comping rookie classes, and you bring up Gannon versus Johnson?  Let us get it straight here, if Gruden were running the Raiders versus the Bucs that year, and Dungy were coaching the Bucs...ah never mind.

#47 : November 26, 2006, 08:42:02 PM

it's like Caddy and his arm shaking thing 'revving the engine' it gets you going

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 26, 2006, 08:42:37 PM

he could had 4 more TDs to square his number off as well...

Dude, he had passes that landed in Dbacks chests that bounced off, so how could have those passes EVER been TD's?  Those drops by dbacks were gifts as well.  

Your logic is spoken out of the deepest tomes of homerism, as usual.

#49 : November 26, 2006, 08:43:08 PM

yes because throwing for 400 yards = success, in that same game Brad got 280...who won?

I mentioned that he lost, so don't pin that on me bro.  But Leinart has the skills to bring 400 to the table...and there will be games in his future in which he throws for 350 with four TDs, and wins.  And they barely beat a horrible Cards team.

Call it what you want, but Leinart is a better QB no matter what his TD:INT ratio comps with Grads.  Please dude.  
...right..the fact remains he has 3 first round (top 15) WRs on the team.
It is what it is.  I am not blatting over the talent differential here.  I am telling you that Grads just seems to lack the it factor.  Tell you what, if GRads was running the Cardinals offense, would it be better or worse?

I THOUGHT so.
what the hell type of logic is that? During our SB year if Johnson were the Raiders QB would they be better or worse?
I am talking about comping rookie classes, and you bring up Gannon versus Johnson?  Let us get it straight here, if Gruden were running the Raiders versus the Bucs that year, and Dungy were coaching the Bucs...ah never mind.

bad example...let's just agree to disagree....you find flaws with my philopshies, I yours....we just want what's best for this team, no?

#50 : November 26, 2006, 08:43:58 PM

he could had 4 more TDs to square his number off as well...

Dude, he had passes that landed in Dbacks chests that bounced off, so how could have those passes EVER been TD's?  Those drops by dbacks were gifts as well.  

Your logic is spoken out of the deepest tomes of homerism, as usual.
I meant the Galloway 'reptile arm' fiasco, the Stovall drop, the other Galloway drop, and the Clayton drop in the Giants game.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#51 : November 26, 2006, 08:47:25 PM

Boid, you speak the truth. Are you the only one here that understands what I'm saying? He's not the LEAST bit exciting. I NEVER think "he's gonna bring us back & win this game."
to be honest, and I swear I'm not lying here....Bruce gets me excited to watch the games, Chris was only exciting for the long ball....that's it...Bruce has his feet and the pass, not to mention he gets me excited by getting excited himself. Plus in 10 games = 2 comeback victories

Comeback #1 was a gift wrapped in gold.  The ref called a bad play (roughing) that should never in a million have been called.  It preserved a drive that should have ended a game.  I am glad the Bucs won, but it was a gift.

Comeback #2 was not "led" by Bruce so much as it was won by a 62 yard FG.

He has played consistently, and this is good.  BUt he should also have about 4 more picks to square his number off as well.  Woulda coulda shoulda, but from what I see, I think he would make a marvelous backup.

The penalty would not have ended the game. It was not ruled a fumble. It would have been 2nd and long. Which the Bucs ended up in anyway after a tripping penalty a few plays later. Cincy had their chances to stop us and didn't. Grads might not be the future of the Bucs or any team, but the fact is he drove the team down the field and threw the game winning TD. You can't take that away from him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#52 : November 26, 2006, 08:49:13 PM

Comeback #1 was a gift wrapped in gold. The ref called a bad play (roughing) that should never in a million have been called. It preserved a drive that should have ended a game. I am glad the Bucs won, but it was a gift.

Comeback #2 was not "led" by Bruce so much as it was won by a 62 yard FG.

He has played consistently, and this is good. BUt he should also have about 4 more picks to square his number off as well. Woulda coulda shoulda, but from what I see, I think he would make a marvelous backup.

The penalty would not have ended the game. It was not ruled a fumble. It would have been 2nd and long. Which the Bucs ended up in anyway after a tripping penalty a few plays later. Cincy had their chances to stop us and didn't. Grads might not be the future of the Bucs or any team, but the fact is he drove the team down the field and threw the game winning TD. You can't take that away from him.

Second and long means game over for the Bucs.  Most likely.  And are you sure it was second down, I thought it was fourth?

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#53 : November 26, 2006, 08:50:59 PM

Bucs actually ended up with 3rd and long after the tripping...

1-10-CIN32   (2:58) B.Gradkowski sacked at CIN 40 for -8 yards (J.Smith).
PENALTY on CIN-J.Smith, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at CIN 40.
1-10-CIN25   (2:45) B.Gradkowski pass short left to M.Pittman to CIN 15 for 10 yards (K.Kaesviharn).
1-10-CIN15   (2:00) B.Gradkowski pass incomplete short left to C.Williams.
2-10-CIN15   (1:52) B.Gradkowski pass short middle to J.Galloway to CIN 8 for 7 yards (C.Miller).
3-3-CIN8   (1:10) PENALTY on TB-S.Mahan, Tripping, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 8 - No Play.
3-13-CIN18   (1:00) B.Gradkowski pass short middle to M.Pittman to CIN 8 for 10 yards (D.O'Neal).
4-3-CIN8   (:43) B.Gradkowski pass incomplete short middle to M.Clayton. Play Challenged by Review Assistant and REVERSED. B.Gradkowski pass short middle to M.Clayton for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#54 : November 26, 2006, 08:52:26 PM

1-10-CIN32   (2:58) B.Gradkowski sacked at CIN 40 for -8 yards (J.Smith).
PENALTY on CIN-J.Smith, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at CIN 40.
1-10-CIN25   (2:45) B.Gradkowski pass short left to M.Pittman to CIN 15 for 10 yards (K.Kaesviharn).
1-10-CIN15   (2:00) B.Gradkowski pass incomplete short left to C.Williams.
2-10-CIN15   (1:52) B.Gradkowski pass short middle to J.Galloway to CIN 8 for 7 yards (C.Miller).
3-3-CIN8   (1:10) PENALTY on TB-S.Mahan, Tripping, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 8 - No Play.
3-13-CIN18   (1:00) B.Gradkowski pass short middle to M.Pittman to CIN 8 for 10 yards (D.O'Neal).
4-3-CIN8   (:43) B.Gradkowski pass incomplete short middle to M.Clayton. Play Challenged by Review Assistant and REVERSED. B.Gradkowski pass short middle to M.Clayton for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Thank you.

But in my opinion, it was a drive killer, that sack was.  And who knows if it would have been a fumble or not.

jtwright

Starter
#55 : November 26, 2006, 08:52:47 PM

Interesting question back to that Gannon/Johnson thing -- How good could our offense have been with Gannon that year?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#56 : November 26, 2006, 08:53:31 PM

Interesting question back to that Gannon/Johnson thing -- How good could our offense have been with Gannon that year?

Gruden made that average journeyman into an MVP, so figure it out.

jtwright

Starter
#57 : November 26, 2006, 08:56:19 PM

Boid, can you think of any quarterback that has "developed" armstrength?   I thought you either have it or you don't

#58 : November 26, 2006, 08:57:01 PM

Gruden made that average journeyman into an MVP, so figure it out.
wait...didn't he win a MVP without Jonny Gru? Why can't he make 'a backup' like Bruce into a good QB then?

jtwright

Starter
#59 : November 26, 2006, 08:57:44 PM

I think Boid's point is that Gruden developed him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools