Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#150 : November 28, 2006, 10:55:13 AM

A lot of the WCO is predicated on the player making a play after a short reception. And Clayton falls down (2.9 YAC), Ike is dropped almost instantly, and then there is Joey, who can make things happen, but he is the only playmaker on the receiving corp. And Caddy has not been able to catch the ball to do much with it to begin with. It comes down to what types of players are being employed to run this offense, versus are they capable of making a move to get some YAC?

To date, the Bucs have sorely lacked in explosive playmaking. Sans Galloway.

Be careful boid, you will get flamed in here! I just found out via ADW the colts run a west coast offense too!
I don't even need a flame suit on for that one!

The Colts are phenomenal.

The Bucs are absurd.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#151 : November 28, 2006, 10:57:06 AM

not the long bomb.

Are you sure about that?  ???

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#152 : November 28, 2006, 11:05:42 AM

I don't see how Grads' arm is weak.  Now he may not be very accurate as the ball travels away from the line of scrimmage.  But let's not forget, on a long pass play it takes the receivers longer to get open, causing the oline to block a little longer, and we've not had that luxury.  I think Grads will be fine in this offense.  Comparisons to these other guys, IMO, is rather pityfull.  If Grads is beating them stats wise, then you say the 6th rounder is better than the two 1st rounders.  If not then you say he was picked in the right place.  Either way, do we really care?  He's our guy today and will be for the rest of the season.  A comparison just for comparisons sake does us or the team no good...IMO...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#153 : November 28, 2006, 11:44:40 AM

dal I can agree with that, no question. You can even go to T.O. playing in San Fran, they do throw deep, never disputed that WCO never throw deep, you have to throw deep. You can't have 5 outlets all running 10 yard patterns. I do agree with you.

Baghead #2
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools