Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRUDEN OFFERED ALSTOTT A COACHING JOB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: January 24, 2008, 04:15:13 PM

WDAE 620 AM's Steve Duemig revealed that Mike Alstott, who used to do a show with Steve for several years, was asked to join Jon Gruden's coaching staff, possibly as the team's running backs coach. Alstott declined the opportunity, presumably to spend more time with his family. Duemig also said that Gruden had his first man-to-man conversation with Alstott since 2002 and apologized to him (presumably for his limited role on offense) and that Alstott now has a new level of respect for the Bucs head coach.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 24, 2008, 04:18:30 PM

I think Mike might want to get away from the game a little bit. It's probably hard to put in all that time. Let the guy be a dad for a few years and relax and then if he wants to get back into it, he will have a chance. The bottom line is that I believe Mike's family will always come first and he probably wants to spend some time with them.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 24, 2008, 04:18:48 PM

I just updated the post to answer your question - family time.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 24, 2008, 04:19:28 PM

Maybe Mike just wants some time away from the game completely.  Let his mind and body rejuvinate and not take a coaching position his heart really isn't in at ths time.  Maybe sometime down the road.  Remember Mike is still a young guy.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 24, 2008, 04:21:16 PM

Damn that Jon Gruden!  He wants to keep Alstott around so he can continue to humiliate him!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 24, 2008, 04:24:24 PM

He wants to set him up to fail by coaching the RB's

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 24, 2008, 04:31:39 PM

So, do we believe the source? SD?

If so, then do we believe SD when he said that Mike was upset because Gruden set him up to
fail on the two point conversion? Really looking forward to a local reporter asking Mike to comment
on that.

jakedakota

Starter

#7 : January 24, 2008, 04:36:29 PM

Scott, the offer for the running backs coach is old news. The other stuff about Gruden and Alstott talking is another deal and to tell you the truth it is hard to believe anything that would come out of duemigs mouth.

Alstott is a team player and I am sure Gruden tried to do what was best for the team so I sincerly doubt it was a coming to jesus talk about how big bad jon was holding down mike...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 24, 2008, 04:36:57 PM

So was Mike the "Mystery Candidate"?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 24, 2008, 04:37:58 PM

Maybe Duemig realizes his rants are getting old and this is his first step towards a transformation.  This will be his excuse to start his 180 on Gruden.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 24, 2008, 04:38:31 PM

I just updated the post to answer your question - family time.
I think Mike might want to get away from the game a little bit. It's probably hard to put in all that time. Let the guy be a dad for a few years and relax and then if he wants to get back into it, he will have a chance. The bottom line is that I believe Mike's family will always come first and he probably wants to spend some time with them.

Gee...I guess that he's no different that Dungy, Holmgren, Parcells, or Favre!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2008, 04:46:50 PM

I hope he wasn't the secret candidate. I was looking for a former head coach who was
interested in stepping down a notch to help us win a championship.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#12 : January 24, 2008, 04:50:10 PM

I'm glad he didn't accept it.

Not sure what makes him qualified to be a RB coach.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Raideneers

Starter

#13 : January 24, 2008, 04:54:21 PM

No disrespect intended towards PR staff but I will await further confirmation rather than taking Steve Duemig's word for it.

Duemig expects his dwindling group of listeners to swallow his "facts" hook line and sinker without question and relies too heavily on his "un-named insider" contacts to be believeable IMHO.

Well, that and the fact that he strikes me as having a Napoleon complex.........

blitz

Pro Bowler
#14 : January 24, 2008, 04:59:29 PM

"First man to man conversation" ???    You'd have to be an idiot to believe they haven't talked in 5 years.  Mike nearly had a life threatening neck injury a couple of years back.

The radio guy needs to stay on his meds. 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRUDEN OFFERED ALSTOTT A COACHING JOB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools