Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRUDEN OFFERED ALSTOTT A COACHING JOB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 24, 2008, 05:00:11 PM

And Duemig runs his mouth about it.   After all I've read and heard from Duemig...I really don't appreciate breaking news from him.  Thanks anyway. ::)

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 24, 2008, 05:03:57 PM

Find it hard to believe that in 5 years Alstott never had the opportunity to knock on Gruden's door and say "got a minute..." or for Gruden to talk with Mike at some point and lay out the plan that he would have a reduced role in the offense. Nobody walks on eggshells for 5 years without clearing the air if there was some hard feelings. Not like Gruden is never in the office. Maybe it was Valero feeding Alstott some misinformation about Gruden.

ryanleaf

Starter

#17 : January 24, 2008, 05:04:35 PM

SD sounds like he may have been reprimanded a bit for his antics the other day and is now backing off the negative sewage he spits out about Gruden and the organization.

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

mostlarge

Practice Squad
#18 : January 24, 2008, 05:06:05 PM

Mike was never really the same after the first neck injury. It would have been nice to see a Healthy Mike in Gruden's offense for more than a year. His numbers in his first year w/Gruden were very similar to his career numbers.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 24, 2008, 05:06:49 PM

Why would he want to work 18 hour days and make 1/10 what he made as a player?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 24, 2008, 05:21:07 PM

How convenient.

This alleged "conversation" and Mike's "new respect for Gruden" wraps everything up in a tight little package, niftier than an episode of "Murder, She Wrote". Now that Mike has retired and when he refuses to expose Gruden for the alleged liar and jerk that he is, our old radio host can simply write anything positive that Mike has to say off to this "new respect" that came from this man-to-man chat.

Sounds like a lot of whitewash and BS to me. Duemig is looking for a way to cover his own behind. While Mike and Coach certainly had a talk, Duemig is painting this picture with his own brush, IMO.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 24, 2008, 05:25:47 PM

Does this count as a Duemig thread?

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 24, 2008, 05:27:32 PM

Does this count as a Duemig thread?

Scott attached his name to it waaay too soon...so it is as far as I'm concerned.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 24, 2008, 05:31:32 PM

First man to man conversation?

Like Duemig has any idea what a man-to-man conversation is. His idea of a conversation is throwing a tantrum and screaming like a 10 year old girl and hanging up on people.

First Duemig needs to learn what it is to BE a man, then he can tell us when people are talking man to man.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 24, 2008, 05:35:02 PM

How convenient.

This alleged "conversation" and Mike's "new respect for Gruden" wraps everything up in a tight little package, niftier than an episode of "Murder, She Wrote". Now that Mike has retired and when he refuses to expose Gruden for the alleged liar and jerk that he is, our old radio host can simply write anything positive that Mike has to say off to this "new respect" that came from this man-to-man chat.

Sounds like a lot of whitewash and BS to me. Duemig is looking for a way to cover his own behind. While Mike and Coach certainly had a talk, Duemig is painting this picture with his own brush, IMO.

You might be right...but then again...maybe Deumig is telling the truth. Either way, we don't know. One thing I do know...I used to love to listen to the Big Dog. I don't mind it when the Big Dog turns rabid and rips into those who call in and are idiots, but his constant ranting was getting old. Today has been the first time in a while that I have actually enjoyed listening to him. The bottom line is that he's not going anywhere. PR isn't going anywhere. Gruden isn't going anywhere. Finally...us listeners probably aren't going to go anywhere...because as much as most of you will hate to admit it...he is still in my opinion...the most informed and entertaining afternoon drivetime sports talk show host in the Tampa Bay area. Hopefully he is telling the truth. If he isn't...oh well...at least we are getting to hear good talk radio again. If the ranting comes back...then just turn the dial.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#25 : January 24, 2008, 05:47:32 PM

Told ya

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 24, 2008, 06:34:05 PM

After what apparently went on the other day, it is a little unsettling to see SR pimping Duemig's info.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 24, 2008, 06:43:59 PM

he is still in my opinion...the most informed and entertaining afternoon drivetime sports talk show host in the Tampa Bay area.

He's definitely entertaining, in a Jerry Springer kind of way, but I need a clarification on how the word "informed" is being used there ...... If "informed" is refering to rumors, gossip and half truths then I guess that would be a valid statement.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 24, 2008, 06:48:31 PM

If this is true i wonder y he would turn that down.

NFL coaches work ridiculous hours, and Mike is financially set for life.  A more pertinent question would be why would he want to be a coach.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 24, 2008, 06:54:07 PM

If this is true i wonder y he would turn that down.

NFL coaches work ridiculous hours, and Mike is financially set for life.  A more pertinent question would be why would he want to be a coach.

Love of the game?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRUDEN OFFERED ALSTOTT A COACHING JOB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools