Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRUDEN OFFERED ALSTOTT A COACHING JOB « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

vladin

Starter

#75 : January 25, 2008, 02:17:59 PM

I didn't read this as a SR kowtow to SD.  I think the situation is fluid, and not at all calculated.  And I also don't think it will be bad in either the short term or long run for PR in the least bit.  The season is over, and 620 is going to put most of us to sleep with hockey and D-Rays talk for the next several months.  Many people who listen to SD hate him and his opinions but listen anyway to see what he will say next to inflame them.  So when SD goes off on PR, to *those*listeners, PR might have just become more appealing.

Let's face it, the typical SD groupie is NOT or will likely ever be a PR insider, no matter how many times SR goes on that show.  The reporting and opinions are a little too neutral for that type of fan.  But, those who SR will reach are the fans who can't stand SD but listen anyway.  Odds are, after a long off season, and plenty of water under the bridge, things will be mended up.  And if it is mended up, I wouldn't assume it is all a big setup.  SD made things a little personal as SR will hear, but in the end, it's about  business.  And it's good business for PR to do that spot.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#76 : January 25, 2008, 02:31:57 PM

I was referring to the breaking news topic with the source SD. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 25, 2008, 03:03:22 PM

I didn't read this as a SR kowtow to SD. I think the situation is fluid, and not at all calculated. And I also don't think it will be bad in either the short term or long run for PR in the least bit. The season is over, and 620 is going to put most of us to sleep with hockey and D-Rays talk for the next several months. Many people who listen to SD hate him and his opinions but listen anyway to see what he will say next to inflame them. So when SD goes off on PR, to *those*listeners, PR might have just become more appealing.

Let's face it, the typical SD groupie is NOT or will likely ever be a PR insider, no matter how many times SR goes on that show. The reporting and opinions are a little too neutral for that type of fan. But, those who SR will reach are the fans who can't stand SD but listen anyway. Odds are, after a long off season, and plenty of water under the bridge, things will be mended up. And if it is mended up, I wouldn't assume it is all a big setup. SD made things a little personal as SR will hear, but in the end, it's about business. And it's good business for PR to do that spot.

Yeeeeooowwwww.....that was a good post.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

T

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 25, 2008, 06:12:55 PM

Just a PR move for Gruden, he knew Mike would not accept. Since when does PR start reporting things that Dumbdog reports??

ryanleaf

Starter

#79 : January 25, 2008, 06:18:02 PM

How can it be a PR move if the conversation was private and was brought to light by a third-party?

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: GRUDEN OFFERED ALSTOTT A COACHING JOB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools