Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR upcoming Buc Blitz: DN sugarcoat the poor tackling « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

: October 08, 2006, 06:18:06 PM

You gave the defense some poor grades over the course of the first 3 games yet when given the opportunity on Duemig's show recently to respond to a caller who criticized our defense, you stated that you actually thought Barber was playing well and that Brooks "isn't playing his best football"  but had an int return called back against ATL.  [banghead] [banghead]   That's it?? How about the poor angles and missed tackles? I expect Steve will protect the defensive players because either he or his co-workers do player shows with them on the radio, but you need to be the voice of reason.  As bad as our tackling has been over the first three weeks, we actually looked worse today despite the fact that supposedly we have been stressing the fundamentals the past two weeks. 

Additionally, you would have thought Colston was a young Randy Moss with as much cushion as Barber was giving him.  Ronde, if you are going to give up that much ground, the least you can is make the tackle after he catches it front of you.  Good effort too by Ronde on McCalllister's first big run.   [banghead] Hey, but at least he finally got his well deserved pay day.   [banghead] Our defensive line gives us no pass rush what so ever, our linebackers are old, slow and take poor angles (Brooks before the half allowing Bush to get 8 yards and get out of bounds) and our safeties can't make an open field tackle to save their lives.  Allen played a staring role in McCallister's highlights today.  I hope you save up some venom and unload on Wednesday.  be our voice!

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 08, 2006, 06:45:48 PM

bump it up.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 08, 2006, 06:55:07 PM

bump [banghead]

Warhorse

Second String

#3 : October 08, 2006, 06:56:25 PM

The tackling is simply horrible. There is absolutely no way to sugercoat it.

The loss of Marinelli and Tomlin is a big part, imo.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 08, 2006, 06:57:25 PM

the homers here dont like to hear it, but the defense is just as much to blame for our 0-4 start as Simms.  

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2006, 06:58:33 PM

the homers here dont like to hear it, but the defense is just as much to blame for our 0-4 start as Simms. 
The D is MORE to blame than Simms!!! They are our achilles heal!!! Theyre just as bad now then the offense has ever been under JG

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 08, 2006, 07:02:02 PM

they got old fast.  unfortunately, we have not drafted the players to replace our aging core players.  heads shoould roll on that side of the ball this offseason, with as many as 4 new starters in 2007.  booger is gone.  white should be re-signed and start at one DE spot.  ruud starts over Quarles.  we need to sign a good vet FA safety like Michael Lewis to start.  make a run at Lance Briggs in FA.  Rice is trade bait.  Quarles and Brooks were good soldiers about taking pay cuts this year, i hope they enjoy less pt in 2007. 

drywallbuc

Starter

#7 : October 08, 2006, 07:07:57 PM

said at the start of the year, def was looking ragged at best. i got blasted because i said ronde barber was getting his ass burned last year, brooks was no longer making the tackles like he used to, and rice ia as good at the run def as two ton fonoti(sp) is at pass blocking. please be kind in response haha.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 08, 2006, 09:09:57 PM

you got blasted because for too long the defense is above reproach in this town.  the homers dont like people talking bad about the beloved bucs defense.  the defensive break downs are always blamed on poor field position and offensive inefficiency keeping them on the field too long.  thats BS. with as much experience as we have on defense and the amount of money we've invested on that side of the ball, the poor play is inexcusable. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 08, 2006, 09:37:29 PM

I don't think the tackling was that bad.  They just waited too long to make the tackle.  50 yards too long in some cases.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 08, 2006, 10:47:00 PM

You'll hear it Wednesday, however, you won't have to wait that long. I'm letting loose in an SR's Fab Five, which will be coming on Tuesday.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#11 : October 08, 2006, 10:48:34 PM

You'll hear it Wednesday, however, you won't have to wait that long. I'm letting loose in an SR's Fab Five, which will be coming on Tuesday.

It would be so cool if you would forecast upcoming FA DTs and also guys in the draft who could play UT in this offense say, next season :).

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 08, 2006, 10:50:47 PM

ANy way we can blackmail Detroit into giving us Rod back?

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 09, 2006, 06:52:21 PM

Excellent!!! BTW, could you touch on why Winborn isn't playing. How are Cash and Mallard playing over Winborn? That guy was all over the place in the preseason and I thought the team considered him to be a potential replacement for Brooks?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 09, 2006, 06:54:14 PM

Excellent!!! BTW, could you touch on why Winborn isn't playing. How are Cash and Mallard playing over Winborn? That guy was all over the place in the preseason and I thought the team considered him to be a potential replacement for Brooks?

I was asking about that when MJS released the actives on Sunday.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR upcoming Buc Blitz: DN sugarcoat the poor tackling « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools