Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

watson

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 26, 2006, 09:00:12 PM

Well' if you make yourself a cancer to your team, then I guess so.
he might become that...
I

If not a cancer, at least a cold sore
was thinking more along the lines of a STD.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

watson

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 26, 2006, 09:02:55 PM

Some people are all over him on the Falgoon board, but a large majority are doing the same thing he is. Blaming the coaches, the wrs, the ol, etc. Some say he "played his heart out" & got no help.
Imagine that.......fans blaming the coaches.  Where have I heard that before???

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#17 : November 26, 2006, 09:03:54 PM

I can almost see giving Peyton that kind of money, but not Vick! That's plain stupid.

Look at it as a business investment. What was the financial state of that team b4 Vick got there?

#18 : November 26, 2006, 09:04:41 PM

ZNot so easy with that contact--how much of it will Atl be on the hook for?  Besides, you can't demand a trade.
T.O.? Moss?

Javon Walker.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#19 : November 26, 2006, 09:09:42 PM

Blank and McKay have dug themselves a deep pit with his contract.  You can't trade him to anyone and your cap gets hit for 10 mill a year with the guy so you can't bring in anymore hired hands.   I think the Falcons have entered cap hell with the last round Rich's wheel of fortune.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 26, 2006, 09:22:00 PM

From PFT:

Those appear to be Falcons fans, not Saints fans

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#21 : November 26, 2006, 09:24:18 PM

Yep. And supposedly dropped a nice little F bomb, too.

#22 : November 26, 2006, 09:24:38 PM

first off LOL at the guys face...next it looks like the third from the left of the man in white is flicking him off...not that is makes Vick's actions exusable ... just saying.

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 26, 2006, 09:25:34 PM

A picture is definitely worth 10,000 words!!  Too funny!

Truths:

watson

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 26, 2006, 09:28:43 PM

first off LOL at the guys face...next it looks like the third from the left of the man in white is flicking him off...not that is makes Vick's actions exusable ... just saying.
It looks like the fans are giving him the "thumbs down" signal.

Truths:

DBuc

Second String

#25 : November 26, 2006, 09:29:28 PM

I don't think Vick is the problem...Reeves knew how to use him and I think Gruden and quite a few other coaches in this league would love to have him.   The problem is that they have horrible pass-protection (McKay has not drafted a single lineman who starts), their receivers drop balls on a regular basis(two first round picks by McKay), they can't score in the red zone because they traded their best redzone player away (Duckett) for another first-round receiver who drops passes in Lelie (another McKay move)...

I don't think it is completely fair to say Vick does not have heart...Did you guys watch this game or the last one against the Ravens?  He made some pretty impressive plays and he took a heck of a lot of tough shots...Today they were just teeing off on him...The runs he made were just amazing.  

Yes, flicking off the fans was stupid...But the problem appears that maybe the coaches baby Vick too much.  He needs to be coached not coddled...I guess bringing in Mora and Knapp in place of Reeves was not such a good move after all (McKay again).

blitz

Pro Bowler
#26 : November 26, 2006, 09:33:32 PM

Someone on the Falcons board who was sitting in that section near the tunnel said some fans were throwing stuff at the players and even Blank as they headed to the tunnel.    Security was trying to get Vick out of there but....well the rest is history.   Fines will probably follow.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#27 : November 26, 2006, 09:49:39 PM

Did Blank fire Reeves after McKay was hired? 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 26, 2006, 09:51:14 PM

Did Blank fire Reeves after McKay was hired?

no.

sniper5

Second String
#29 : November 26, 2006, 09:55:42 PM

I think Vick should stop by Coach Tony D'Amato's house for lunch, maybe bring him some flowers, and take in the wisdom:

"You're a goddamn quarterback! You know what that means? It's the top spot, kid. It's the guy who takes the fall. It's the guy everybody's looking at first - the leader of a team - who will support you when they understand you. Who will break their ribs and their noses and their necks for you, because they believe. 'Cause you make them believe. That's a quarterback."
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools