Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Adibi « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 27, 2008, 09:11:37 PM

As do I...I also like Vince Hall at MLB. Seems all of the VT LB's are very very talented.

LOL...Sabby won't be moved to WLB.

gypsie

Starter

#16 : January 27, 2008, 09:13:44 PM

BPA
If he is there in the second and is bpa take him. Would you pass on Patrik Willis becuase we have black and June allready? Of course not. Would rather RB,DTor DE but draft BPA.

gypsie

Starter

#17 : January 27, 2008, 09:15:12 PM

In the PR pre draft mag the had hil listed as a safety but said he may be a wlb in the nfl.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 27, 2008, 09:27:06 PM

As do I...I also like Vince Hall at MLB. Seems all of the VT LB's are very very talented.

LOL...Sabby won't be moved to WLB.

Urlacher played safety at some point didn't he? June played safety his entire college career.

Just saying... but it probably won't happen.  What happened to pBUC playing Offense?

RayJayinTBay

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 27, 2008, 09:45:37 PM

Ya i love Adibi! He's is tremendous and love the intensity at which he plays. I have followed him since he came out of high school mainly because my good friend is a huge Va Tech fan. His brother Nathaniel, played a bit with the Steelers and was there at Va Tech before Xavier. The one that that I saw was that alot of times he would tackled guys without any form, such as throwing them to the ground etc. This certainly won't work in the NFL but is an easy think to correct because he will learn quickly. I would love to have him because he will be really good but the fact that we have Cato June, Quincy Black, and Adam Heyward, I don't think it happens. While there's a chance cause Cato is a FA after this year I don't think it happens but its still a possibility that we have Ruud, Black, and Adibi for the future.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 27, 2008, 10:37:55 PM

BPA
If he is there in the second and is bpa take him. Would you pass on Patrik Willis becuase we have black and June allready? Of course not. Would rather RB,DTor DE but draft BPA.
I would pass on Willis because we have Ruud. And Adibi is not even close to Willis, anyways.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#21 : January 28, 2008, 05:03:52 AM

as far as June has said in TC, his spot in Indy's defense was the Sam LB position...so he is at home in this defense...why move him...tackling was supposedly his weakness and playing WILL...well, it seems that would not suit June well...Black is backing up June and Hayward was backing up Brooks this past season, so why not Adibi...IMO...I like the concept of drafting Adibi

Cato played weakside in Indy.

So we spent a high pick last year on Black to be a back-up SSLB? That makes 0 sense.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 28, 2008, 08:30:35 AM

as far as June has said in TC, his spot in Indy's defense was the Sam LB position...so he is at home in this defense...why move him...tackling was supposedly his weakness and playing WILL...well, it seems that would not suit June well...Black is backing up June and Hayward was backing up Brooks this past season, so why not Adibi...IMO...I like the concept of drafting Adibi

Cato played weakside in Indy.

So we spent a high pick last year on Black to be a back-up SSLB? That makes 0 sense.

I stand corrected, what I meant to say is according to interviews during TC, he said his weakside spot in Indy was the same position as SAM here in Tampa Bay...

You must be accountable for your actions!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 28, 2008, 09:43:01 AM

Before everyone makes Black the heir apparent to Brooks, has anyone actually seen enough out of him to know he'll be a good replacement... or is everyone basing this off of him being a higher pick?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 28, 2008, 09:55:29 AM

Before everyone makes Black the heir apparent to Brooks, has anyone actually seen enough out of him to know he'll be a good replacement... or is everyone basing this off of him being a higher pick?

Black played well in limited duty.  A lot of what people believe is based on where he was picked last season.  After only one season you can not give up on the guy and bring in another high round pick.  This means that one of them will be destined to backup duty or cut, wasted pick.  I still think there is room for a high round pick at the LBer position.  While June was good he wasn't great and I just do not see him becoming anything like Brooks.  While I hope Black and Hayward continue to improve another Lber could be thrown into the mix.  We usually keep 7 LBers anyway.  Brooks, Ruud, June, Black, Hayward, Nece, Pick.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 28, 2008, 10:15:28 AM

No, but the team must sink or swim with him until at least the end of year three.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#26 : January 28, 2008, 10:24:56 AM

There's no position on the team that can't be upgraded by the infusion of young talent. Regardless of who we picked, when you have a chance to draft a potential star you should pull the trigger. Worst case scenario, you end up with a handful of very good young linebackers, and that's a good problem to have. Adding Adibi to Rudd, June, Black and Heyward makes sense if you take into account that Brooks won't be around much longer. With the way injuries happen, back up become starters all the time, so having talented depth is another plus.

I've been signing Adibi's praises on and off since last offseason. I think he's a gamer, always around the ball, good tackler, can cover, has great speed, all around great Tampa 2 WLB prospect IMO.

One thing you may have noticed from the senior bowl was that there were almost always two LBs in on every tackle beyond the LOS on running plays for the North defense. Dan Conner and Xavier Adibi.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 28, 2008, 10:59:28 AM

There's no position on the team that can't be upgraded by the infusion of young talent. Regardless of who we picked, when you have a chance to draft a potential star you should pull the trigger. Worst case scenario, you end up with a handful of very good young linebackers, and that's a good problem to have. Adding Adibi to Rudd, June, Black and Heyward makes sense if you take into account that Brooks won't be around much longer. With the way injuries happen, back up become starters all the time, so having talented depth is another plus.

I've been signing Adibi's praises on and off since last offseason. I think he's a gamer, always around the ball, good tackler, can cover, has great speed, all around great Tampa 2 WLB prospect IMO.

One thing you may have noticed from the senior bowl was that there were almost always two LBs in on every tackle beyond the LOS on running plays for the North defense. Dan Conner and Xavier Adibi.
There is something to be said for upgrading talent, but also about impact and priorities. Are either of the teams in the Super Bowl there because of their linebacker play? Most consider the linebackers to be the weakest link in New England's defense.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#28 : January 28, 2008, 11:41:20 AM

FRG,

I'm not saying we draft him if there's a better player on the board, I just don't buy into the nonsense that we shouldn't draft him because we drafted a LB in the third round last year.

I don't care that neither team currently in the SB has great LB play. In past years NE's LB play was outsanding but that's beside the point. In our system, we need exceptional play from our WLB and MLB. We had some of the best play from our LBs during our SB run. For Tampa Bay, finding a replacement for Brooks may not be a priority but it would be a nice luxury to have.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 28, 2008, 03:08:00 PM

And that explanation makes sense of it all Cerious.  IF indeed he is the BPA or near that, and the buccs have a pick the fact that buccs have other candidates at the position is not a valid reason to not pick him.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Xavier Adibi « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools